Yunhe's decision

Conflicts of the heart

Deciding to deviate from the subject, Chang Yi begins to talk about the increase in refugees entering the Northern kingdom daily and the fact that they need to maintain exact and restricted control over the quantity due to the capacity to supply food to the population of the kingdom that it grew daily because there was a population limit for those bitter cold lands in the North.

This limit would prevent a lack of food and other inputs for the population because they were also unable to expand the kingdom further south of the border due to the war against the kingdom of Dacheng, at the same time that only demons and demon masters could live further along north of the kingdom while humans without powers were being allocated further south as it was less cold.

Kong Ming gives in and they both begin to talk about matters relating to the Northern Kingdom.

As the days passed, the feeling of friendship Yunhe felt towards Song Wu intensified, making her feel like a housewife gossiping with her friends even though there was only one.

In a few moments, she fell silent and pretended to play with the red coal when Song Wu made the agreed gesture upon seeing her ear glowing.

The young woman was surprised when Wu lent her another object that also resembled a bracelet and that contained an orange jewel, with her friend explaining that that object was capable of relieving her symptoms, thus reducing the chance of getting sick, something that used to happen and that made her desperate because it deprived her of spending time with her new friend.

In fact, after using it daily, Yunhe confessed that she drastically reduced the occasions in which she vomited black blood while breaking out in a cold sweat at those times.

Of course, she was warned that as her health worsened, the object would lose its effectiveness, making it a temporary well-being. Still, she was grateful because it was better than nothing, since the bitter medicines had no effect.

So, she needs to say goodbye and the young woman says goodbye emotionally, starting to count the time until she sees her again because she was looking forward to being able to have a social interaction with a gentle and kind face that was the complete opposite of Chang Yi. There was no conversation, just a hostile, cruel or cold face, although she managed to make him upset and angry by addressing him by his title.

Upon thinking about this, she decides to treat him with respect by also greeting him as she observed the servants do.

After all, it was refreshing to see him get upset.

The young woman had also decided to eat the food and wear the clothes determined by him, stay wherever he decided, as well as take the medicine he determined, doing all this without complaining or contesting because it seemed to Yunhe that this seemed to upset him too, with She confessed that she was surprised by his reaction to her total subservience.

The master of demons decided to prove her assumptions when her jailer, as she referred to him in her thoughts, obstinately appeared to check whether she ate the bland food and to give her the bitter medicine after her new friend left after setting the table.

Smiling in thought, the demon master greeted him as servants did and sat down obediently, eating without any complaints on her pale lips and then, taking the medicine.

As she created this wall between them that grew with each encounter, the young woman confessed that the sadness that affected her at his treatment of her no longer hurt her. There was a gradual indifference emerging in her.

Before, Yunhe longed to see him and loved looking at him while she was eating while the merman was reading some papers because she didn't look at her coldly or cruelly when she was reading.

However, lately, all she wanted was for the jiaoren to leave as soon as possible.

The demon master was not an idiot and understood what was happening to her. The isolation, the lack of hope, the torment, his coldness or cruelty in his words and gestures, the pain inflicted on her and punishments as well as the removal from her family, the silent treatment of servants and her imprisonment which was something that she hated it and that it was worse than death while the freedom she longed for was suppressed, all of this oppressed her and made her suffer psychologically and mentally to the point that she even considered suicide in a few moments before escaping.

When Song Wu came up with the opportunity to talk to someone to feel minimally alive, to be able to vent and to know what was happening in the world when she offered her friendship, it was her lifeline and she felt happy, with this feeling acting like a drug in her, making her crave meetings in an abnormal way. The young woman knew all this, but she didn't care. Being emotionally dependent didn't bother her at the same time that suppressing her spirit and personality to Chang Yi didn't bother her anymore because she saw it as a way of giving back in some way, in addition to being something she always did when she was in the Demon Valley.

Of course, Yunhe knew that she was the stone that sharpened the sword that turned against her. She knew that she was the only one to blame for his transformation and that he had the right to take revenge after planning for six years. But, what the jiaoren did was a little too cruel in the sense that she couldn't even walk outside, even if it was around the house for a few days and at a set time or had the right to some occasional visits, even if they were limited like the others prisoners had the right. Or at least, being able to order special food even if it was once a week, whatever.

Anyway, one or the other thing. Not all the restrictions and isolation that the merman applied to her because he was a cruel dictator and if he could, he would even control her breathing.

After all, his breathing was the only thing that was not under his control while the meager right that still remained after everyone else was cruelly taken away by Chang Yi was his privacy when he was not there and that was recently taken away with the marking made out of anger because he remembered the pain, as well as the words and the tone covered in paranoia and fury.

Looking back at his act, which at that time she thought was heroic and paid off, the young woman now considered it a stupid act because she lost the only right she had left. Privacy and she regretted it. The small taste of freedom didn't make up for what she lost.

In Yunhe's view, if she hadn't been marked as his property to be watched and have her physical and emotional privacy violated whenever he wanted, then yes, it would have paid off. But, with this unusual turn of events, she didn't compensate and made her regret her stupidity.

After all, she lost her privacy and was marked as property as if she were his slave and remembering all his restrictions and dictatorial orders, with him deciding everything and punishing her when necessary as was done the first time against her, causing her pain along with the isolation and depriving her of her freedom to torment her and make her despair, while a regular prisoner might have the right to at least an occasional visit, the young woman could consider herself his slave with this marking on her skin, just like when they branded cattle iron and fire. He marked it with a symbol visible to everyone.

She confessed that being publicly marked as his property with a brand like cattle, with the added bonus of violating her physical and psychological privacy whenever he wanted, was the last straw for her.

In her opinion, before, jiaoren was a little cruel. Now, it was very cruel. Her anger and frustration accumulated inside her and she tried not to let them show on her face because she knew that the object had limitations while she decided that she would not subject herself to begging her jailor for something like she used to do.

In fact, she hated herself for having subjected herself to lowering herself so much by begging even though she knew it was useless. Yunhe imagined how pleased he was to see a demon master who was also a Dharma Guardian and who once held a high status in the Demon Valley, pathetically pleading with a demon. This certainly satisfied him and the worst of all was that she herself guaranteed this fun for this new merman.

The young girl felt stupid for satisfying a demon by begging pathetically.

After all, giving up your own pride to beg, knowing that you wouldn't be answered, was the height of lack of self-love, even more so after his act of cutting a lock of your hair, making it clear without needing to say that he was there to help you hurt her by proving that he would hurt her like he did by causing her pain with his powers, just like when he discovered her weakness in the sun, with him saying in a cold tone of voice while holding her neck in a threatening way: "Ji Yunhe , in the past, his life belonged to the Demon Valley. Before today, his life belonged to the Grandmaster. And from now on, his life is mine. You can't die unless I want you to. "

The demon master must have known that any pleading or request was useless. Chang Yi changed because of her and became a sharp sword because she was the stone that sharpened the blade. What didn't change was that he continued to tell the truth, as well as being frank. When he said those cold words and previously made the gesture of cutting off her lock of hair along with the fact that he always showed coldness or a cruel face towards her, the merman demonstrated that nothing the young woman said would be considered. Even so, ignoring that fact, she decided to beg when she became pathetic.

But if she was honest with herself, she shouldn't condemn herself for her pleas. Her jailer provided the conditions for the requests, as well as making her develop a feeling of needing Song Wu's presence. The anxiety to see her again was intense and could be considered abnormal.

In fact, she knew it was abnormal, but she couldn't do anything to stop it.

Furthermore, her new friend promised that she would make sure she could meet Luo Jinsang who was like a younger sister while it was impossible to see Qu Xiaoxing again due to the loss of her privacy because of the property mark that was placed on her.

If regret could kill, Yunhe would be dead in her vision.

After all, she should never have made such a pathetic escape attempt. The ephemeral freedom she experienced did not compensate for the loss of her privacy, the only thing he had left and that until then, she had not been under his control. Now, she was and she had nothing left that she could consider hers and out of his control, with the exception of her breathing and dreams.

She sighs sadly as she holds back any tears that wanted to come out because there was no point in crying. What was done was done.

Furthermore, she did not want to give her jailer any satisfaction if he saw her tears. The satisfaction she gave him with her pleas as she begged for mercy that didn't exist was enough.