Consequences

Conflicts of the heart

Upon noticing that the overseers were looking in the direction the emperor left, scratching their heads in confusion while also displaying a confused countenance, many of the demons in the place just rolled their eyes at the scene because the question about punishment had been stupid in the vision. them though it was understandable because humans didn't know what the mark meant to demons.

Song Wu returned at night with food and as expected, he watched the young woman sitting in front of the mirror looking at the blue rune mark on her ear where Chang Yi had bitten after capturing her.

Yunhe knew that she had been very naive to believe that she would be able to run away or even fight with such a weakened body coupled with the fact that they were both at different levels. Chang Yi's aura alone was enough to quell it. He didn't need to make any effort to subdue it and even managed to make his power retreat inside her by suppressing it due to the fact that the nine tails disappeared with a simple pressure of one of his hands on one of its tails.

Even as she reflected on it, she realized that she had only managed to strike him that day because he didn't try to defend himself at the same time that she realized how wrong she had been about his power and her misjudgment all those years ago.

Indeed, the jiaoren were entitled to the fact that they were considered the most powerful among the demon species, and if he had that power on land and with his tail cut in half, Yunhe imagined what it would be like in the sea where every drop of water in the vast ocean she was under their command and she couldn't help but be dumbfounded. She didn't know Chang was so powerful.

So, she smiles in dismay to herself as she remembers what happened in Demon Valley six years ago.

Chang Yi managed to shake the black prison that had the stones that restricted demonic powers, in addition to cracking seals and runes together with the fact that he resisted the golden arrow stuck in his long and strong tail. Even with all these restrictions and suppressions on his power, he demonstrated an insane level more than once by shaking that prison, something no other demon was able to do, and then on another occasion, when he attacked Lin Haoqing despite being extremely weakened after this attack.

Even so, this last act was an unbelievable feat because he had already been tortured and seriously injured with lightning. Under these conditions, a demon could never react and he reacted with incredible powers.

Meanwhile, she remembered the fear that took her and that was magnified by the feeling of helplessness when she couldn't move from the merman's rage bite in her ear, something she never imagined Chang would do and that made her fear him, something he never thought he would feel after they met. The feeling of being unable to move away from the source of her fear only made it worse and turned it into terror, causing her to be overcome by uncontrollable tremors and an unprecedented panic that gripped her heart.

The young woman was surprised to feel that fear resurfaced with force as a result of her memories of that moment, making her fight to suppress it at all costs because she thought it was exaggerated to fear him, still.

After all, she had hoped that even after everything she had done along with the fact that the jiaoren had turned cruel and evil, he still wouldn't hurt her beyond biting her ear and that this punishment was carried out on the spur of the moment.

At least, that's what she hoped despite his reaction being disconcerting and something she never imagined in her wildest dreams, that her lover would do against her.

As she looked at the mark, the guardian of Demon Valley was reminded of the fact that many demons, particularly males, enjoyed marking something as their property.

The young woman saw that mark as his property, something that deeply revolted her. Just as Chang didn't belong to Shunde, she didn't belong to anyone. For the young woman it was unbearable because since she was a child her life was under the control of other people, making her belong to them, in addition to being able to make her laugh or cry according to their whim.

Because of this past, Yunhe had an extreme dislike of belonging to someone like property and being confined In her view, she only belonged to herself.

"Good night, Yunhe."

The Guardian of Demon Valley comes out of her thoughts with the voice of the woman who was becoming her only company while she tried to suppress any tremor that threatened to appear in her again when she remembered when he bit her.

The demon master confessed that it was very good to hear a kind voice and see a face that didn't show hostility, coldness or cruelty or else, that ignored her like the other servants did when they came to clean the place and that they acted as if she was part of the wall or furniture.

A smile appears on her face and approaches her as she observes the plates with the food she always eats out of the transport basket and properly arranged on the small table top.

"Song Wu, I'm glad to see you."

"Well, how were the fallout?"

"One rage bite to the ear and I can no longer reach my hands out of his magic matrix. I could reach out my hands before, but not my face."

"Oh! Indeed, you might be considered a troublemaker."

"Yes. But, I don't regret it. The feeling of freedom, even ephemeral, is indescribable. Freedom is something precious. I've always been imprisoned since I was a child after my family was killed for trying to run away with me so I wouldn't be taken to become a demon master. Whether it was in the demon valley, in the grandmaster sect, and now, here. Chang Yi knows what I hate most is confinement, and he knows that what I yearn for most is freedom. Therefore, he confined me here. Isolating myself, preventing me from seeing my friends is its additional punishment. All this is done to torment and punish me, making me suffer and consequently leaving me without hope. I will never see my loved ones again, besides ..."

"I have to go now" She notices her sad look as she is cut off abruptly, "The jiaoren will come and watch you eat. I need to leave so that it doesn't act distrustful. After all, orders are to put the food in and then leave. If I don't follow the guidelines, they'll get suspicious. I don't care about that, but, you'll be alone again and with no one to talk to."

Yunhe remembered what he always had with his meals and in that instant, she clenched her fists and began to be overcome by an anger that she tried to repress even though it was difficult.

Before, seeing his handsome face was to be expected, but considering it was a cold or cruel countenance depending on his mood or situation, his act of depriving her of talking to her new friend began to irritate her and the young woman barely I saw the time for the merman to leave along with the fact that he had terrorized her the night before, in addition to having marked her as his property.

The woman notices her reactions and the demon master's thoughts jump to Wu who smirks as she withdrew because the jiaoren was making it easy for her.

A few minutes later, the handsome merman enters and is surprised to see her eating as he sits in front of her with a report in hand while waiting for Yunhe to look at him like she always did.

However, to his consternation, she ignored her existence and ate everything without being told or threatened.

Furthermore, the Emperor of the North sought to understand the disconcerting feeling of anger towards him that he felt through the mark and as it reflected on why he felt angry, the jiaoren believed that this feeling was motivated by having frustrated the escape.

Remembering her running away, the Crown Prince of Ocean recalls the fact that he kept his distance as he gazed raptly at the sight of her lying on the cold ground and laughing in genuine happiness as she looked up at the sky.

Chang Yi confessed that he liked to see her smile and that she looked beautiful, in addition to having seen her in her natural form. Free, genuinely happy and unbridled like the wind. The anger he felt was caused by the attempt to escape and having to interrupt the beautiful sight in front of her.

Furthermore, his possessiveness surged with impetus and force from the attempted escape, leading him to mark her without his authorization, something he never imagined he would do with anyone.

The mark was a promise made to a mate and when they were both jiaoren, they marked each other with a bite to the ear. The mark created a bond while providing the ability to see and feel who was tagged.

Therefore, it should always be done with the agreement of both parties. For his kind, the mark was like marriage, only for life.

Therefore, Yunhe was his wife by the customs of his species.

However, he marked her without her authorization when he was carried away by the heat of the moment and her possessiveness that neutralized his self-control and much-needed containment, especially at that moment, leading him to mark her as his companion and making him stay on top of her the gaze of the God of the abyss.

By the time the merman had come to his senses by quelling the conflicting and intense sensations that had gripped him, it was too late. The mark was there and it was done by force, making him regret the fact that he had done it of his own free will, regardless of her agreement.

Then, Chang comes out of his thoughts when she vomits at the same time as she breaks out in a cold sweat, spilling what she had just eaten, only to vomit black blood later, with the Emperor of the North kneeling beside her again while using his powers to ease your suffering.

Usually, when the merman did this, she would look at him and make her usual request despite always being denied.

However, this time, when she saw the focus return to her eyes, the human didn't look at him as she struggled hard to sit up, in addition to not making the usual request, causing him to arch his brow because it was something unusual.

Yunhe didn't want to sleep like he used to in those sessions.

After all, she wanted to stay up to talk to Song Wu at the same time that she wanted him to leave as soon as possible because his presence began to irritate her while she hated the fact that she felt sick when she had someone to talk to. If she fainted, she would sleep and when she woke up, her jailer would still be there with the medicine.

The young woman twisted her fists as she felt unconsciousness take her and she couldn't stop wetting her eyes with angry tears for the weakness of her body and with a lot of cost, she prevented them from spilling while she felt the cold sweat soaking her clothes.

With his keen sense of smell, Chang had detected the salty smell of tears, something unheard of because he had never seen her cry since he brought her in of fear and the feelings of terror for him when he marked her.

Gently, the merman took her in his arms and laid her on the bed, then covering her with the blanket, and then sitting away from her, waiting for her to wake up after ordering the servants to clean everything up.

The demon master opens her eyes later that night and suppresses the anger that wanted to well up in her heart because it would end up showing in her body.

After all, Yunhe didn't need to turn his face to know that his jailer was still there.

Therefore, the young woman limited herself to a sigh that was a mixture of frustration and anger at the same time as she twisted her fists while dealing with the disgust and annoyance towards her dying body that was also a prison for her.

After controlling her feelings, the human sits on the bed and then gets up and walks towards the small tea table.

Before he could say anything, she sat up and obediently took the medicine, praying that her jailer would be satisfied and leave because she wanted to talk to Song Wu so much.

After all, in those moments that she interacted with her new friend, the young woman noticed that she momentarily forgot the fact of being a prisoner at the same time that she managed to feel a connection with the outside world, something that was vehemently forbidden by Chang.

Yunhe was aware that he owed the merfolk, but he always felt that what he did to her was excessive.

After all, prisoners were entitled to occasional visits and even though she was a prisoner too, that right was denied her.

After finishing taking the medicine, the demon master twisted her fists under her long sleeves when she saw that the Emperor of the North was still sitting in front of her.

Not wanting to say anything to her jailer, the young woman returns to her bed and lies down, staring at the ceiling.

Chang Yi narrowed his brow and commented as he tucked the report inside his robes, "You didn't talk to me and you ate obediently as well as took the medicine without needing any coercion."

"There is no point we talked about. Beijing-Zunzhu already made it clear to me at that time and the mark on my ear is a permanent reminder because whenever I look at it, I remember the words spoken. Why insist on requests or concessions that will never be allowed? I get it, all right? There's also nothing to talk about because of my isolation. What can we talk about except that my health is gradually deteriorating?" She spoke coldly while preventing any feelings from creeping into her voice as she recalled how she had dealt with Lin Canglan and his demonic slave, Qing Shu, in Demon Valley.

She hadn't needed to act like this for years, but after doing this for a lifetime, Yunhe found it easy to return to the conduct she had forgotten upon arriving in the Northern realm.