Are you asking for a Duet or a Duel?

Granting Requests Pt2 [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OTP: wheebyul

PROMPTs: Moderato vs Shutdown 😳

Characters: Wheein, Byulyi, Hyejin, Yongsun

 

A/N to requestee: This was such a surprising prompt that I took it upon myself to research and ensure we get the moderato wheebyul duet we deserve! Also, I am not the best at song-fics where they sing and dance. I cannot do that but for some reason I find myself doing it anyway. Almost every time too. Haha. I hope you enjoy!

 

A/N to all: hey guys im back again with another granted prompt i am finally taking my sweet time but also for some reason I write better (or at least feel better w/ my writing) when I should be doing some other school responsibilities. I have a 3 paper deadlines this week and I just got back on campus. Will I be doing them? NOPE! Also sorry if there’s several college AUs and I seemingly run out of ideas (i am sadly lol). Also not beta read hehe

 

Reader discretion is advised: THIS IS SO SUGGESTIVE AND BORDERLINE OMG THERE’s EVEN AN PART BUT I'M TOO ASHAMED TO SHARE IT POLL BELOW IF YOU WANT IT BECAUSE I CUT IT OFF OUT OF SHAME (as usual, I delay the inevitable for no reason)

 

-

 

Moon Byulyi is a college senior– specifically a broke college senior. Now, there are several causes for her broke-ness. First and foremost is buying her favorite indie artist’s albums. Yes, not just one. Byulyi crying and caffeinated at obscene hours of the night found it absolutely necessary to buy ALL of Jung Wheein’s albums in one sitting.

 

Was there any forethought? Was there any hesitation— reconsiderations?

 

No. Of course not. This is THE Ms. Jung Wheein after all. The queen of ballads but also hip hop but also dancing but also–

 

Hence, when her beloved landlord raised rent and Byulyi’s college decide to tell her that she owes them money for that incident in labs— alkali metal and water do not work together and she learned the hard way– Byulyi thought: “Okay so no one has to know this moment of weakness– I can just do some work
”

 

There are several problems with Byulyi's plans. First is she cannot– legally work. Not because she has a criminal record– but because she’s not from here. Transfer student struggles. Second, she cannot work on campus either but that's because she’s under probation– due to the aforementioned exploding-the-lab incident.

 

So what does transfer student Byulyi do? Well, she can sing– she has a guitar. She has a set-up and permit to play on one of the subways with a space for performers. We can do the math.

 

-

 

Byulyi has been playing songs– original? No– well, sometimes. When it’s morning rush hour, of course. Because Byulyi thought it’d be a splendid idea to play a slower– heavily implicitly explicit song during the time everyone is running late for work. She was right– she got more people dropping cash at that hour– totally because of her song and not because there’s more people on the subway.

 

But at dead hours, Byulyi does covers– covers of
 of course, her favorite indie artist. She supposes it’d be safe. Jung Wheein isn’t really that famous in this foreign country— right?

 

Of course, Moon Byulyi is spectacularly incorrect. But whenever Byulyi is incorrect– is also when things feel oh so right.

 

Several things happened at the siesta hour of the subway. First is that a masked and bull capped woman– wearing casual clothes, or at least paralleling Byulyi’s loose attire.

 

Byulyi’s wearing a black sweater and an oversized white shirt over it– some baggy light pants and of course shoes. And this bull capped– masked woman, was wearing
 a sports bra and just a black windbreaker over it. Complementing her black gym pants– joggers. Man she didn’t even spare Byulyi the saving grace of hiding her abs.

 

Oh no. This woman and her wide open windbreaker didn’t just stare at Byulyi as she tries to keep her voice stable– and her sanity as she covers her favorite artist’s song.

 

No no. This woman stayed there with an amused posture– curious and leaning towards her– not giving Byulyi a cent. She removes her cap to run a hand through her hair– it made Byulyi miss a beat– sing a part too late.

 

It amazed Byulyi that even the woman noticed such a slight mishap. And because she’s already red, embarrassed and barely any people are watching them stand face to face like there’s a duel– she abruptly stops. Getting her water as she does.

 

Once the thirst was– barely– quenched, Byulyi finally spoke. Because this woman was already walking towards her and it feels a lot hotter– tighter– in this subway. Actually, it feels like they’re the only people– no, they weren’t– as the woman stares and she walks toward her. She’s capped and masked, seemingly undercover.

 

“Can’t tell if you’d want a duet or a duel
” Byulyi tries to joke, to tease– but damn the nerves were getting to her. “With that stare, I’d guess–”

 

“You listen to Jung Wheein?” The woman asks, cutting her off.

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

“Good. Let’s see if you can keep up with her.” The woman alludes– and man the abs, the voice, the side-profile as she– dear god.

 

The only things in Byulyi’s head at this moment were the removal of the cap, ruffling of the hair– stealing her own mic from her stand with a wink– removing of the mask–

 

As this woman– that Byulyi has yet to recognize, beckons a singular finger– to invite her close.

 

And as if it was all part of this mysterious woman’s plans, the instrumental moves on into playing– because when Byulyi covers some of the Jung Wheein songs, she’d rather have the original instrumental playing– Moderato.

 

She sings– oh she’s singing– and it finally hits Byulyi.

 

Oh my god– Oh –

 

How could this be– isn’t it impossible for the Jung Wheein to be here– in this foreign country and random subway with her?

 

Beckoning her closer as she sings her own song to her– wait–

 

Wait–

 

The Jung Wheein just listened to her cover her songs– this woman is–

 

Oh dear god– Oh –

 

Because when she gets a side-eye from the Jung Wheein as she turns away from her, to finally bask in her own music, this spontaneous performance, seemingly destined duet or duel– Byulyi grabs an extra mic– an extra handheld one. Finally joining in the fun– falling into a dreamlike trance with this woman.

 

Byulyi matches her tempo as they succumb to their duel– duet, Wheein puts d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter