Moon?! Movie?!

Granting Requests Pt2 [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OTP: wheebyul

PROMPT: a shy and introvert romance novel author WheeIn with a top A list actress Moonbyul -ship, where a film was made base on the novel and the Moonbyul will play the main female character in the novel

Characters: Wheein, Byulyi, Irene, Hyejin, Yongsun

A/N to requestee: I didn’t follow the instructions fully… hope you don’t mind… Byul isn’t a expected top A list actress in the industry but just in their UNI. Also I think for the shy and introvert romance novel author… I think I interpreted it differently from what you hoped so… please accept this… hehe

A/N to all: I might just open this for 1 week and not limit any one from suggesting so if you suggested already but have more, just throw it my way! Also no one be shocked I included RV Irene mAdAM BAE Joo-HYUN I know I’m shocked too but shhhhh (i miss my family back home so i needed wheein to have a sis figure, SUE ME IM INTJ WITH FEELINGS)

 

-

 

Wheein really outdid herself. Really, she really did. No one told her to write a novel the first moment she got a grip of writing. No one told her to finish said novel before college. But–

 

No one told her otherwise, either. No one told her to not write. No one told her to not finish the novel.

 

So really, this was all her doing. No one else is to blame but herself.

 

She’s blameworthy because she made the crucial mistake of submitting said novel, a romance novel– created in her childlike and innocent view of the world and young perception of love– to the editorial of her club. In the university. In a huge institution. Somewhere official– a road towards opportunities– a place that makes ideas grow, freeforming into a discourse and exchange between each student.

 

So when she was checking her school email, in blind hopes of her professor finally replying to her, she saw something–someone else, that caught her eye. And in her panic, having such a work– something she created and is– will be– tied to her name, recognized by the editorial team as worthy of a prompt for this academic year’s (it is still very early) annual Cinematography Festivals– for majors in anything involving film and creations of stories– parallelism of life and art into a reel– a movie.

 

She squeals– so loud in the apartment, confident she was alone at the loud volume of her screeching.

 

“Whee-na!” Loud footsteps– almost angry, in haste, go towards her closed door, opening without knocking. “What the hell was that?!”

 

“Good morning, sister dearest.” Wheein, already trying to be on her sister’s good side– not ever wanting her scary side to ever be directed towards herself. She’s also acting like she didn’t scream at six in the morning.

 

“Wha–” Irene was about to ask, be stern– but she can barely be when it comes to her favorite little sister from another mother. Also because she’s Wheein’s number 1 fan, believing in such a young writer capable of greatness. “IS THAT BYULYI?!”

 

“Who-yi?” Wheein, stupefied at her sisters antics, looks at what she was pointing– oh. Her laptop screen– OH THE EMAIL.

 

“Moon Byulyi! She’s my hoobae in Film studies! She always participates in the Film Fest and never loses! Why is she–” Irene’s eyes grew wide open, having deduced the situation. She just had to calm down her roommate and beloved little sister from bawling her eyes out in an introverted mess because she accidentally submitted her novel– the one she told herself to rewrite– to her club’s editorial team.

 

“I received an email from the editorial head, she responded to me directly about what I submitted for this month.”

 

“Yongsun emailed you?! DIRECTLY?!” Irene’s reaction really is not helping Wheein’s nerves of not-at-all steel. No, very much like gummy tape– easy to stretch, easy to break.

 

“What’s THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!” Wheein finally equalizes Irene’s loudness, returning to how loud she was that led to this.

 

“Yongsun never emails anyone– even me, her literal classmate, directly. She’d always just send a link or have you email her first. But she didn’t email you with the editorial team account…” Irene was just straight up snooping now, looking and investigating the email on Wheein’s laptop.

 

“Pinch me and tell me this is just a horrible nightmare–” Wheein starts talking to herself, imagining a mini-whee going in a circle in her mind, overthinking and panicking. “Is it April 1st? Is this a prank?”

 

“No it isn’t and this is very much legit. I can’t believe YONGSUN LIKES YOU MORE THAN ME! HER MIDTERM PRESENTATION GROUPMATE!” Irene’s between angry and laughing but also reassuring. It was… an interesting combination of scary, funny, and trying to be nice. “She basically suggested, through her connections with the Moon Byulyi, to have your work edited by Yongsun herself then presented to the crew for a proposal in this year’s Film Fest. YOU LUCKY PUPPY!”

 

“What” Wheein was not– did not– register anything Irene just explained to her. It was so well explained and because Wheein read the email halfway, she (mis)heard: Yongsun-unnie will personally edit your novel and have Moon Byulyi and her threepeat winning crew have it for the academic year’s annual Film Festival.

 

Oh dear.

 

And to think such an opportunity was all from a silly–

 

Misclick, a wrong file being sent and having realized the mistake too late–

 

Oh .

 

-

 

“Wow, a freshie wrote this?” Byulyi read just the first part– first paragraph of the chapter Yongsun fell in love with when she was speedrunning through all the editorial submissions.

 

“Technically, same as you– on credits but on year… yeah.”

 

“What? Is she trying to beat you or something?” Byulyi teases Yongsun, having been the first to do such a thing– allowing other people like her, challengers of bounds, stargazers that always aim for something unreachable, to have credit hours more than what is required– recommended.

 

“I’m fine to be defeated. Especially if someone so ing young have such– almost unlimited– crazy amounts of potential. Byulyi, I am telling you– she’s charcoal.”

 

“Yongsun, explain. That sounds like an insult to us normal people.”

 

“She’s made up of same things as a diamond– carbon?”

 

“Yong stop flexing chemistry on me, I know you took it as an elective because it’s a good exercise.” Byulyi has always been in awe with her friend’s polymath type of brilliance. She just wishes Yongsun to stop being too detached from normal expressions and get to the point.

 

“Ugh, it’s a creative interpretation of coal capable of being a diamond because they’re made up of the same thing. It’s unlikely for it to happen but the meaning still stands as an underlying greatness in need of refinement– experience.”

 

“Coulda jus said diamond in the rough, but I guess.” Byulyi goes back to the printed copy of the unedited novel. “Why’d you print the raw ver.?”

 

“So I can write on the margins, give it to her and we can work out how to improve it. She just needs to know the rules.” Yongsun goes to check her other folders, looking for something.

 

“Ah, the rules she’s going to be breaking?” Byulyi’s skimming through the words on the paper, in a weird way… she feels as though… it speaks to her– specifically the main character.

 

“Of course, why else are there rules in Language?” Yongsun grabs a pen after she finds the paper she was looking for.

 

“I don’t know, to do things right?” Byulyi puts down the draft. Having seen enough– enough to say it resonates with her so well.

 

“Stop being boring, breaking rules in any Language is when you start getting creative. She’s so, so, so close to doing that. I can notice how her writing has been affected by… high school English classes. Beyond that though, what do you think?”

 

“I think, I can’t accept any more proposals from you.” Byulyi alludes– not any direct rejection, answer or any helpful opinion on the work. “This?” Byulyi slaps the roof of the draft– the stack of papers. “This is the one I want for this year’s Film Fest.”

 

“Why?” Yongsun smiled at her, twin dimples making an appearance.

 

“This just deletes that annoying line no author ever crosses before,” Byulyi keeps patting the top of the draft. “Like it’s weaving– interwoven masculinity and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter