Dinner Time

The Divorce Arrangement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Harvey Specter is a man with many sides, some known to everyone, some hidden. At times, these hidden sides shock Jaejoong. But none shocked him as much as the side where he was Sasha’s one and only uncle did. The man who hired him was actually his uncle-in-law. 

For someone who hated to mix business with personal matters, Jaejoong literally is caught in the epicenter of his both worlds colliding.

What’s worse was that Changmin was observing him.

“Explain”

“It was an accident”

“An accident in the sense?”

“In the sense that we thought it was a joke, but it was legally bound.”

A brief silence ensued. Harvey was staring intently at Jaejoong. 

“Who else knows about this?” 

“Everyone in this room, and my mother”

“Your mother?”

“Yes. I had to let her know after last night”

“Your wedding?”

“Temporary on hold until Sasha and I are divorced”

“Not necessary, just go ahead with the wedding.”

“But Harvey”

“Do you want to be in a middle of a scandal with Sasha?”

“No”

“Then go ahead with the wedding.” He gave Jaejoong a sheet of paper. “Sign this, I’ll do the needful”

Jackson and Jaejoong were sent back to New York in the next flight. Jaejoong’s mother has been calling him non-stop but he did not answer any of her calls. Going ahead with the wedding while his legal wife is bed ridden made him so uneasy.

Why was it so? Because it was exactly what his mother did to his father. 

They were a happy family – his father was having a stable job, capable of proving his mother with all her needs, whilst sending Jaejoong to the US to study.. But soon his father got terminally ill, and the mother had to eventually tend to him full time, cutting her off her social life. Eventually, she reached her breaking point, left him in a care and flew to the US, lying to Jaejoong that she was there to visit him. Not wanting to break his son’s heart, the father played on, calling Jaejoong every now and then, until he couldn’t. By that time, things were too late. The mother had already found someone else, whilst his dad was almost at the end of his life. What Jaejoong could do was only pay him one last visit, take care of the funeral and come back, dejected, only to learn that his mother was engaged to be married…

Jaejoong sighed, and looked at Jackson. The younger boy was sadly looking at the phone, unlocking and locking it over and over again. 

“How did you get to know her?” Jaejoong finally asked.

“Our moms worked together” He replied.

“Sasha’s mother is also a lawyer?”

“No, I was referring to my birth mother”

Jaejoong was taken aback. Mrs. Wang wasn’t his real mother?!

“Every day she picks me up from home and takes me to school. I then wait in the daycare until she comes to pick me up. If either one of our moms takes the night shift, we end up staying in the other’s house.”

“Then how did you end up living with Mrs. Wang?”

“On their way after an office party, our moms got mugged. Her mom died instantly and mine passed a few days later. Since my mom was a single mom, I was put up for foster care.”

“Jackson, I didn’t know... I’m so sorry”

Silence enveloped as Jaejoong just stared at his friend, his playful, jovial friend who had a sad past, just like Jaejoong. At least Jaejoong had some time to come in terms with his father’s evident death, but to lose a parent because of a random mugging?!

Gosh! He couldn’t imagine the suffering Jackson would have undergone!

What Sasha would have undergone…

“How did she end up alone?”

“Theirs was a love marriage. Her grandmother didn’t approve of her mother. So when aunty died, grandmother somehow intervened and got him remarried, leaving Sasha in the road”

“What about Harvey?”

“He was at Harvard the whole time. He came for the funeral but immediately got back once the proceedings finished."

“And she didn’t-”

“They weren’t there for her. Simple”

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter