Family Always Unites During Bad Times

The Divorce Arrangement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Unsettled, disturbed and annoyed, Jaejoong stepped into the hotel. His shirt was blood-strained, forcing people to look at him. He noticed this but did not pay any attention.

What annoyed him more was that Sasha’s song seemed to be playing in the background.

Only if I hadn’t spoken to her she wouldn’t have walked out to clear her mind. None of this would have happened...

His thoughts were condemning him, blaming him and it was driving him mad because he couldn’t shake them away.

Would the head injury affect her ability to sing? What if some complications happen when she is in the ICU?

Dammit! I should be there!

Jaejoong swiftly turned to go back but stopped, spotting his fiancée walk into the hotel with her colleagues. She was swaying and unbalanced, clearly drunk but was conscious enough to identify Jaejoong.

“Hey there” She waved, smiling sleepily. “You just disappeared!”

“Yeah..”

She left her friends and hooked arms with him, forcing him to turn back and walked to the elevators. Oddly the bloody shirt was invisible to her eyes.

“I thought you got bored or something”

“Got busy actually.”

“Office?”

“Nah.. A friend met with an accident”

“Oh”

“Yeah, it’s Sasha actually” Jaejoong confessed, aware that she will be able to connect the dots once the news comes out.

“Ah”

“Yeah”

“So what Liza told was correct. You actually were with her in the balcony… Mom warned me to not invite you today actually. That you have quite a few lady friends. That model-like girls are your type.”

“She isn’t model-like”

“I know nothing can stop this marriage. But don’t think I’ll just let you dance around like you used to”

Jaejoong stopped walked, forcing her to also stop. Something about what she said irked him.

But he took in a deep breath. “I’ll take you to your room.” He informed.

“Wanna sleep with me?”

Any other time, he would have just dragged her to his room, but not today.

She frowned and leaned closer. “Did you sleep with her?”

Jaejoong took in a deep breath and pressed on the elevator button. He was in no mood to explain things at that moment and she doesn't seem to want to listen either.

“Max also was missing…Actually he was speaking with her and then disappeared.”

“Stop talking about him” He snapped, clearly annoyed. Just the thought of Changmin pissed Jaejoong off.

The elevator doors opened. Jaejoong guided her inside and pressed the 5th floor. Her colleagues seemed to be out of sight so Jaejoong pressed the button to close the doors.

“How the heck did she get him around?”

The doors dinged open at the fifth floor. Jaejoong promptly guided her to her room.

“Good night” He greeted her. “I need to go”

“Where?”

“I don’t think we are in that sort of relationship just yet”

Promptly Jaejoong turned and stopped the elevators from leaving the floor. He got in and pressed the button to the ground floor and found himself on a high stool in the hotel bar.

3 shots of whiskey were downed one after the other. He had to find a way to stop this talk about marriage until he and Sasha had broken things off. He might have fooled around with girls but not once he had two-timed.

Coming to think of it, he had been two-timing the whole time… He has been married to Sasha the whole damn time…

“Urgh” He groaned, and gestured the bartender for a refill.

Just then his mother gave him a call.

“Son! What on earth have you been telling Alia?!”

“Mother. Just.. stop”

“What do you mean? You are supposed to be there for her! Not leave her al-”

“She was having fun with her friends anyways, so don’t worry”

“Kim Jae Joong!”

“Mother, I’m not in the mood to speak now. In fact” He continued before his mother could speak another word. “Don’t speak another word of this marriage until I speak to you about it”

“What nonsense is this?!”

“Mother, I… I have been hiding something from you..”

“Did you get one of those ‘every-now-and-then girlfriends of yours pregnant?”

“NO!”

“Then?!”

Jaejoong took a deep breath. Looking around to ensure no one was listening, he confessed. “Actually, I have been married to a girl all these years.. And she is in trouble now and I can’t-”

“WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!”

“I can’t divorce her. Not now! Please. I’m sorry! I can’t! She met with an accident right after I told her about this marriage and now she’s in the ICU. Mother.. if I hadn’t told her she wouldn’t have gone out to clear her head and then that psycho wouldn’t have found her.. I.. just need to ensure she’s back on her feet before I sever everything with her. So please, just”

He signed. Thankfully his mother didn’t utter another word.

“She’s a good girl mother. And somehow I feel responsible for this accident so I can’t be Alia’s fiancée until I-”

“Who is she?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter