Husband Duty

The Divorce Arrangement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

The sirens were loud and clear as the ambulance rushed to the nearest hospital. The manager tried to jump into the ambulance but Changmin and Jackson stopped him.

“Jaejoong! Go with her!” Jackson ordered whilst holding onto the maniac’s arm. The other was held onto by Changmin.

Amidst the soon-to-be-ex-manager’s screaming, Jaejoong jumped in and sat by her unaware of what to do or how to react at that moment.

He observed the paramedics continuously checking her pulse. He was clearly worried and shouted something at the driver.

“Is she critical?” Jaejoong asked, in English, forcing the paramedic to look at him. “She” He pointed to Sasha, “Ok?”

The concerned look at Sasha and back at Jaejoong forced Jaejoong to groan and bury his face in his hands.

This happened because of him. If he hadn’t told her she wouldn’t have left.

 

It’s all on him.

 

ALL BECAUSE OF HIM!

 

Jaejoong was caught up in his thoughts and didn’t realize that they had arrived at the hospital. He immediately followed the paramedics and stood by the hybrid room where she was being checked. Two, doctors ran in to inspect her. An x-ray machine was pulled by her immediately and the X-ray was taken.

They seem to have informed something to the nurse, who, with a few more employees began to push Sasha’s stretcher out and past Jaejoong.

A doctor stood by him and asked something in Italian.

“English please” Jaejoong requested, eying Sasha disappear from his line of sight.

“Are you her guardian?”

“Yes” The response was immediate.

“She’s being sent for a CT Scan but we feel she would need surgery. Her neck too seems to be sprained but we’ll know more after the scan. We’ll come back to you soon”

The doctor hurried away, leaving Jaejoong all alone. Within seconds he began to hyperventilate and lost his balance.

Thankfully he managed to hold onto a seat and found himself sitting with his head resting over his palms.

He shut his eyes and sighed hard.

 

This is happening because of me.

Me.

 

His guilt began to eat him up.

If I hadn’t spoken with her, she would have still been at the party.

He wanted to punish himself now.

 

“Excuse me?” The doctor stood by Jaejoong, forcing him to look at her.

“How is she?” Jaejoong stood up instantly, eyes widening in concern.

“Blood is filling her brain as we speak. We need to operate on her immediately.”

Jaejoong felt as if his world ended.

“So please sign the consent forms. We are prepping for surgery as we speak”

The form was handed over to him. As the doctor was going to walk away, Jaejoong held onto him.

“Is this dangerous?”

“If we delay the operation it’ll be life-threatening”

The doctor walked away, leaving a nurse by him. Jaejoong looked at the form. Although it was in Italian, he knew what he had to do.

Without hesitation, Jaejoong held onto the paper and wrote his name and signature.

As for the next line, the nib of the pen stayed millimetres from the paper for a brief moment.

“Relationship please” The nurse informed assuming that he didn’t know what was being asked.

Jaejoong glanced at her and back at the form, his grip on the paper tightening. But time was of the essence.

 

Taking a deep breath, he wrote in block capitals:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter