챕터7

Love for sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that night Lisa brought Jennie to her favorite Italian restaurant. She kept refusing her offer to eat out and making excuses but the Thai couldn't careless and drag her out.

 

"You should try this." Lisa softly said while putting pasta on her plate. "I've been eating this dish since I was a kid. This is the next best thing to home cooked meals."

 

Jennie noticed a small group of women on a table near them. They've been staring at them since they walked in on that restaurant. She saw Lisa smiled at them when they entered the building.

 

”Lisa-yah.." she hesitantly said. "Do you know those girls?"

 

Lisa gave a quick glance at the table she discreetly pointed. "Most of them." She answered while nodding.

 

"How about the girl in blue?"

 

"She's Kang Sujin." Lisa was busy chewing on a square shaped agnolotti.

 

"She's beautiful." she commented. She remembered someone named 'Sujin' also called the Thai when they were in Gangwon.

 

Lisa smiled and touch her chin to make Jennie face her before bringing her attention back to her food. "Is there anyone that could be more beautiful than you in my eyes?”

 

"Be serious, Lalisa."

 

"I am serious."

 

"I think she adores you. You both look good together." Jennie was just saying it but it feels like her heart is being squeeze tightly.

 

"Everybody used to think so too." Lisa respond absentmindedly. "Hon, Sujin is my ex-girlfriend."

 

Jennie's heart took another one of those piercing stab wounds again. "You should get back together with her again."

 

Lisa stops from eating and frowned at her. "Why would I do that when I already have you?"

 

"You can always have me, Lisa. I'm just here whenever you want me. But you need to have a woman who you can introduce to--"

 

"Why is it everytime that we talk about this my day is being ruined?" Lisa's voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

Silence.

 

Lisa excused herself to break the tension between them. She knew all the eyes were directly at her and Jennie, especially the group where her ex-girlfriend is in.

 

Inside the bathroom, she washes her hands and face with the warm water. A conflict with Jennie is the last thing she needs right now. Especially now knowing that all the people around her were against her relationship with Jennie.

 

After exiting the washroom Lisa wasn't able to see Jennie because she was being covered by four women who are now standing right in front of their table. A few more steps and it was finally shown to her what was happening, she saw how Sujin was gripping on Jennie's hair tightly.

 

"Let go of me." Jennie cried out while trying to free herself from the hands keeping her still on the chair.

 

Lisa froze on her spot and was unable to move. She never expected to see her ex-girlfriend acting like that. Despite her being wild in bed she knew Sujin was very well educated and from a respectable family.

 

Lisa only came back to her senses when Jennie screamed in pain as Sujin pulled her hair aggressively. "!" she shouted right on Jennie's face.

 

All the people inside that restaurant were only watching them. The others look amazed and the others were enjoying it like it's some kind of a scene in a drama.

 

"Stop it!"  Lisa shouted as she made her way to their table. She quickly went to Jennie's side and protectively embraced her.

 

Lisa kept cursing silently seeing all the small scratches on Jennie's face. Sujin including her friends must've already hurt her before she even came back. Lisa literally needed to shut her eyes closed tightly and took a deep breath to calm herself.

 

Everyone turn silent.

 

Lisa assisted Jennie to stand up and grab her bag which was beside her.

 

"I'll let this pass for now." Lisa spoke with a calm but menacing voice. "But the moment something like this happened to her again... even if you just touch her fingertips, you're gonna have to deal with me!"

 

Lisa kept on sighing deeply. This is the first time that she felt really mad. The only thing that was stopping her to hit them was that they were girls.

 

 

*****

 

 

Everything happened so fast for Jennie. The only thing that she remembers was when Kang Sujin went to their table and how they started to throw shade towards each other. But she wasn't able to fight back since there were four of them and she's just alone. It was a one sided bout.

 

Now Lisa was guiding her towards the glass door exiting the building after putting down money on the table as a payment for the food they eat. Everyone was looking at them like they were colorful fishes inside a fishtank. No one even dared to breathe. There was dead silence.

 

"Lisa-ssi, you're out of your mind!" Sujin yelled out.

 

Once again it was silence.

 

"I can't believe that you really choose a over me."

 

That was the last straw, Lisa stops from walking. She let out a sneer and turns to Sujin. "She was a when I had her Sujin-ssi." she was calm but her voice was firm. "If you still think that she's a , what should we call you then?"

 

Jennie saw how the three women smiled secretly along with the other people who heard it. Lisa, more than anyone else, should know that her former girlfriend was no saint.

 

"You !" she screech.

 

Like a kid, Jennie rested her head on Lisa's chest while she was driving. She let herself cry. For every drop of her tears she could feel her breathing heavily from anger mixed with worry.

 

"I-I don't want to go home just yet, Lisa."

 

"Where do you want to go?" Lisa kept her eyes on the road.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter