챕터4

Love for sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Jennie heard a knock on the door but instead of the person she was expecting to see, three people came in with a food trolley and the other things that she need... expensive wine, gourmet food, warm baths. Everything.

 

Unfortunately, none of it could fill the void inside her without Lisa by her side. Her heart was as empty as the days before she met this cruel yet caring woman. What is this feeling? What is happening to her?

 

She wanted to ask where Lisa was to all those people in there but she didn't want to embarrass herself. Shouldn't she be the one to know which part of the earth she's in now?

 

Afternoon came and a new group of people knock on her door.

 

"Good afternoon, Miss Jennie." the man who greeted her looked more feminine than her. "I'm Charlie and this is my team of experts." he introduced them one by one.

 

A woman could only dream of the things they offered her. It didn't took long before the whole room was filled with luxury clothes and jewelries. Someone even offered her a foot rub while she decided what kind of shoes she wanted to wear.

 

"These came from Tiffany's in New York." Charlie stated with a smile while presenting her a teardrop shaped necklace which is adorned by small pieces of diamonds.

 

"Charlie." she said ignoring the necklace which he was offering to her. "Tell me something about, Lisa."

 

He looked at the other people he came with and gave a nod. They took the box with jewelries before excusing themselves and went out of the room quietly.

 

He let a few moments passed before facing her and started talking.

 

"Ms. Manoban's family owns the Galleria chain of department store. That building beside this one and eleven others." he started.

 

She knew what Galleria Department Store is. All of it's branches nationwide cater to people with money to burn. You can find all of the expensive things like shoes, clothes, toys and home furnitures inside. It is home to high end fashion luxury brands like Chanel, Dior, YSL, Celine, Christian Louboutin, Hermes, Prada, Armani, Neil Lane, Cartier and many others.

 

"They are also into real estate and construction so you could only imagine how wealthy her family is." he fixed the way he sits before continuing. "Ms. Manoban is the steady hand that holds the whole conglomerate together. Without her, me and the others working under her wouldn't exist."

 

"What else?"

 

"She has a younger sister, Somi." he added.

 

She avoided his gaze. "Yes, I know Somi."

 

"Their mother Mrs. Caroline Manoban, is a jetsetter." he continues. "In almost three years of me working as a stylish in Galleria I only saw her once. A lot of people say that she is a bitter and resentful woman."

 

"D-did you know why?"

 

"If inside gossip were to be believed..." he says and literally stops midsentence for a thrill. "..her husband fell madly in love with another beautiful woman. It consumed her."

 

She nodded softly. "How is Lisa as a person?" she took a sip from her tea. "Was she kind to all of you? Is she a snob?"

 

He smiled. "She's kind and sometimes snob. She is good at what she does. Other than that I've no idea. She rarely exposes her emotions to her people. Who knows you might know her better than I do."

 

"How about women? D-did she had a lot of girlfriends?"

 

He nodded abruptly. "Ms. Manoban is every woman's dream." Charlie simply stated like that includes everything she wants to know.

 

Silence.

 

"Is there anything else you want to know?" he asks after.

 

"No." she shook her head. "T-that's all." Charlie looks like he's just trying to be formal with the way he speaks to her. He looks like a lovely character despite his serious facade.

 

He stood and was about to leave. "Dial 3 if you need me."

 

"Charlie." she called him.

 

He turns. "Yes?"

 

"Aren't you going to ask me what am I to her life?"

 

He smiled. "If only I was allowed to ask questions in my job, Ms. Kim." he says before opening the door. "Why, darling, you intrigue me!" he continued before leaving.

 

A smiled formed on her lips too and finally the ice wall between melted.

 

More days has passed and still she haven't heard anything from that man. He's purposely ignoring her! She knew she had to do something at that point.

 

"Charlie, I need Lisa's number."

 

Charlie went to Lisa's house after she called him.

 

"Over my dead and semi-gorgeous body." he held his head high and jokingly said. She's glad that he already warmed up to her.

 

"Let me borrow your phone." she was in the act of pulling his phone from his jeans back pocket when he let out a high pitched scream like a little kid, hugging his body like she was going to touch him somewhere private. She laughs.

 

"Ms. Manoban is going to murder me, mutilate me, chop my head off if--"

 

"If you won't lend it to me, I'll tell her that you're not taking care of me." she threatens him.

 

"Oh no, please don't." he responded and handed his phone to her.

 

She took it and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Thanks." she said and stared at the phone screen. "What's her name here?"

 

"Hubby." he answered shyly. It's funny because Charlie confessed to her the other day that he's a straight and certified gay, but Lisa is an exception and that they are about to be married if she didn't showed up.

 

Both of them laugh loudly.

 

Meanwhile, in Lisa's location...

 

"Who's this?" she ask as she answer the call. Her voice sounded tired and irritated.

 

"Lisa, where are you?" says the woman on the other line quickly.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter