챕터8

Love for sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie flops down the four poster bed sitting in the middle of their room. At that moment the events that happened on the night she met Lisa's mother for the first time a few days ago flashes back to her memory. Unconsciously, she touch the small cut on the side of her lips that is now healed.

 

 

Jennie was taken by surprise when the visitor greeted her with a slap on her face that afternoon. She almost fell on the floor by the force of that slap. Seeing the raging anger on the older woman's face she already have an idea who she is.

 

Somi was behind the old woman who hesitantly raises her hand as a sign of apology. Jennie also heard her protest to what her mother did to her.

 

"You're a unscrupulous opportunistic woman!" Mrs. Caroline Manoban said with a firm but calm voice. "You used your beauty to get my daughter and now you're asking for more than she could give to you."

 

"That's not true." Jennie lowly stated after recovering from shock. "I never asked for anything from Lisa."

 

"If that's the case then how come the whole South Korea knows about you?" Caroline ask back. "Do you even know that the whole company is in shambles right now because of that scandal you did?"

 

Mrs. Manoban's veins on her face almost popped out of anger, but she's still calm when she speaks. Lisa must've got this, staying calm even in the middle of difficult situation, from her mother.

 

"I know my daughter and I know that she's having a hard time." Caroline said. "She has to choose between you and the company. Between you and her family."

 

"I-I love your daughter, Mrs. Manoban." Her tears started falling from her eyes. She haven't even said those words to Lisa and yet she had to use it to defend herself.

 

"Love?" Caroline repeated in disbelief. "If you really love her then how can you bear to see her like this? You staying by her side will only pull her down." she scoffed. "I won't even be surprised if you're going to beg him to marry you."

 

"No." Jennie whispered. "I would never do that to her. Whatever we have right now is already enough for me. She deserves someone better."

 

"You're right. My daughter is a brilliant executive with a bright future ahead of her. She deserves a respectable woman with dignity."

 

"I'll be the one to tell your daughter about that. All I'm asking from you is don't break us apart."

 

With all that Somi was just observing. She was cursing something in between deep breaths.

 

The old woman was not even bothered by her pleading.

 

"Leave my daughter alone." Caroline coldly commanded before leaving with Somi tailing behind her. "She doesn't deserve a low life, gold digging, bimbo like you."

 

Her tears started flowing down her cheeks again.

 

"You are just like your mother. As the saying goes, like mother, like daughter indeed." she heard Caroline said while they were on their way out. She was too flustered to understand what it meant.

 

She cried for hours, but when she saw that it's almost time where Lisa usually arrives home she calm herself and fixed her appearance. She didn't want to worry her some more.

 

 

*****

 

 

Lisa feeling more anxious than ever when she still couldn't find Jennie after searching for her again inside the house, she almost flips the whole place upside down but still no sign of her. It was the day after they got back from the island that she woke up without her by her side.

 

Fear immediately surge in her. Jennie usually stay beside her until she wakes up every morning. Even from all the times that she wakes up first she will never leave her side until both of them gets up from the bed.

 

When she entered their room again her eyes caught a white paper on top of the dresser. With her heart beating so fast she opens the folded paper which she almost knew what's written in it.

 

I'm sorry. Lisa felt like dying that very moment when she read that note. She wrote the only two words that could break her apart. Jennie left her!

 

She didn't know where to find her girl because she never got to ask her if she have any relatives living in Seoul. She already called some of the best detective agencies she knew but all of them told her to wait for a couple more days even weeks to find her.

 

The story of the courtesans was a taboo in the society. All of the people who knows about them were pretending to have never heard of that word and denies to know what that word mean is especially the news about him and Jennie was still fresh. That's what made it more difficult.

 

 

*****

 

 

Lisa immediately hops out of her car after reaching The Place. She tossed the keys to the valet parking attendant. She ask her sister where she could find Jennie. She went to her parents house to spend the night. Before she could leave their estate Somi gave her a cheque.

 

The VIP lounge Lisa had entered was already full of screaming and yelling since the private bidding of the beautiful ladies has already started. She never went to events like this before. She thought it was tasteless and inhumane.

 

The woman standing in the middle of the platform was gorgeous. Her beauty is of first class. Now thinking that it was Jennie standing there she's already having a headache.

 

"Three million won!" a man shouted  which earned him cheers from the group of other bidders.

 

"Higher!" A gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter