챕터6

Love for sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The scandal, as everybody wants to call it, did more damage than Lisa expected. She had to talked to most of their investors and major stockholders meticulously to enlighten them.

 

Even if she wants to she couldn't blame them. Why would anyone want to trust a person who can't even control her own heart? It's about millions of money which is at stake here and not some coins.

 

"Hon, why do you always arrived late at night?" Jennie noticed when she once arrived home a few hours after midnight. Base on the way she was sitting on the bed, it looks like she's been waiting for her to arrive for hours.

 

"I-I'm just working on some papers." Lisa lied. She's been wracking her brains out the whole week. She has to fix this mess before it's too late.

 

"Do you want me to massage you?"

 

"No. I'm okay."

 

"But--"

 

"Everything's fine, Hon." Lisa said with a smile while caressing her hair. "There's nothing or anyone that can bring me down."

 

"The world doesn't revolves around you, Lisa-yah."

 

Lisa shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know that yet." she walks towards the bathroom.

 

"Lisa.."

 

"Yes?"

 

"It's.. it's okay to be weak sometimes.  Even for just an hour."

 

Lisa just entered the bathroom not too long ago but she already cursed too much. She loosened the neckline of her top and stares at herself through the mirror.

 

That was it and heads out of the bathroom to Jennie who was still sitting at the bed. She lay her head on Jennie's lap and put her hands on her cheeks.

 

"Give me an hour." Lisa says then shuts her eyes closed.

 

 

*****

 

 

Lisa was in the Galleria Department Store that afternoon so Jennie is alone at the house. She felt her heart skip a beat when she heard a knock on the door.

 

"Somi?"

 

"Jennie." Somi said and bowed slightly.

 

"Are you here to talk to Lisa?" Jennie said while holding on the door frame. "She's not here yet."

 

"You and I both know that I'm not here to talk to her." she stilled. "Now be a darling and offer me anything to drink."

 

"C-come in." she awkwardly invited Somi in.

 

"I see you've turned the place upside down." Somi noticed while roaming her eyes around. "Pretty much the same way you did with my sister's life."

 

Somi followed Jennie to the kitchen.

 

"Would you like a coffee or tea?" she ask.

 

"Coffee." The younger Manoban answered.

 

Jennie smiled. "Lisa loves to drink tea." she knew the difference between the siblings does not end there.

 

"I see you know my sister very well."

 

"It's part of my job." Jennie simply stated. She poured the hot coffee from the percolator to a cup.

 

Somi gave her a small smile. "Tell me, Jennie-ssi, do you love my sister?"

 

"Yes." she answered bluntly.

 

"Do you think she loves you back?"

 

"We never talk about it." Jennie gave her the cup. "What do you think?"

 

Somi casually leaned her back to the table on the middle of the kitchen while inhaling the aroma of the coffee.

 

"Would it boost your ego if I will say yes?"

 

Jennie didn't answer and let Somi continue talking.

 

"She also loves the fact that for the first time in her life, she's not in control. You're not like one of those dolls with a wind up keys like her exes."

 

"You're sister is smart." Jennie stated. "I don't think she'll get easily fooled by someone like me." she understand what Somi was trying to say.

 

"I thought about that too." Somi grabbed one apple from the fruit basket and took bite from it. "I wonder what kind of tricks you do in bed, to make her go crazy over you like this."

 

Jennie gave the younger Manoban a small smile. "What more can I possibly do that her past relationships haven't done?"

 

Somi nodded. "Point taken." She says pointing Jennie with her finger on the same hand that was holding the apple.

 

"Thank you."

 

"Tell me, what can I offer to convince you to leave my sister alone? Money, , love...?"

 

"Lisa already provides me with an ample supply of all that." Jennie said.

 

Somi nodded. She finished her coffee before heading towards the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter