The Price of Beauty (PART 2)

Random Kyusung Snippets (and small One-shots)

"Don't you want to sing for me beautiful?"



Kyuhyun smirked at the mermaid that stopped singing as soon as it heard him arrive in the room.



The mermaid looked around, his aquarium was bigger, fuller, richer, and the decoration adoring his body made him look even more stunning, at least that's what the man behind the glass kept saying.



The man behind the glass was really pretty; he thought when he first saw him.



But the man, he thought, had eyes colder than the icebergs from the north.



He looked at him with adoration, but it wasn't love; he wasn't even sure if the man could feel this.



The mermaid didn't want to sing for him because it felt that he would not be able to go back by doing this.



The man behind the glass was his entire world now, he wasn't optimistic enough to think he'll ever leave this place, but it was his last wall of defense, his last rebellion.



The man behind the glass might hear him sing, but he'll never sing for him.



But the man behind the glass didn't seem to care that much.



"You have such a pretty voice, beautiful." He said instead. "A voice like yours deserves an appropriate name" He looked at the mermaid again, eyes shining with a new delight. "Yes... After all, this is the last thing I didn't give you yet, a name."

 

"Yesung"



An artistic voice. The voice of an artist in the man behind the glass language.



'Yesung' cried silently. He had a name before, a life. But it wasn't his anymore.



"Beautiful, you're truly the most beautiful thing I own," the man said softly, caressing the glass separating them—a hint of adoration and lust in his eyes.



That was the thing, wasn't it? The man considered him as an object, a trophy. No matter how beautiful he was, he'll never be more in his eyes, and yet...



"Don't worry, my dear" Those tender eyes looked directly into his own; he wondered how much of it was fake.



"Everything will be better soon because I am your world now.



And every species on earth must learn to love their world in the end."



There was no escape.