Chapter Three

Loser at Love

ch. 03 - blushing maniac

"Hello, welcome to Wendy's. What would you like to order?" I asked. I was too busy picking my nails to notice the customer in front of me. And when I did, I was fairly surprised. He was really hot. But the expression he held looked like he was sad.
"Umm, a double cheeseburger and an extra large strawberry Frosty smoothie," He requested.
I nodded, blushing while punching in the numbers.
He stood aside waiting for his order as I took the customer's orders behind him. The whole time, I was half paying attention to the gorgeous boy near me and the customer in front of me. I knew that he had to be the one. My break was luckily, shortly after. The boy was sitting at a large table for four. Obviously, he didn't need all the space. A nearby family was quite frustrated at him. He didn't seem to care or notice for the matter.
"Umm, do you mind if I eat here? There's no more tables." The boy nodded and I noticed how he had amazing green eyes. They were blue-ish, green.
"Uhh, are you okay?" he asked when he noticed that I wasn't sitting down.
"Oh sorry. I was noticing how pretty the colour your eyes were." I was blushing hard.
The boy laughed. It dramatically changed his expression from before. "Thanks," he grinned at me.
------
Afterwards, we were talking for what seemed like only minutes. My lunch break went into my shift a few minutes. I said good bye to Talon Malley. We had made a date tomorrow to hang out at Second Cup. A date! Maybe I'm getting over Ace more easily than I thought.
-----
"Hello," I greeted as I arrived at the table. I recognized him at most immediately.
"Hey." His grin brought butterflies to my stomach. I blushed red-hot and sat down, sipping at my hot coffee. The liquid burned my tongue when I realized I was scarfing it down.
Talon chuckled. "Be careful. It's still very hot." I looked like an idiot as I tried to put out the fire in my mouth.
He laughed again and I was blushing maddeningly.
"You're so cute." I looked up to Talon's gazing stare. His mesmerizing stare held my gaze. 
"Uhm, thanks," I looked away before I looked like an idiot-- again.
"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He was so courteous. I responded almost immediately with a nodding yes. He then laughed again.
"Hmmm?"
"Some strands of your hair got into the coffee." I blushed again but this time, Talon gave me a heart-warming kiss on my forehead.