Chapter Two

Loser at Love

ch. 02 - lies

I was out of Ace Walsh's house before you knew it. It was over. Done in a matter of minutes. Too physical eh? I thought he wanted more. Some girls wouldn't even do anything. I thought that was what boys were like. I guess I was wrong. But that was plain stupid. Too physical?? Why couldn't he have said so before? I could change. Looks like the record just ends at two years and half a month.
------
It was a difficult month. Some of my friends stopped hanging out with me after they heard the news. Now all the girls in the school was all over him. By the end of the month, I promised that I would get over him and find someone knew. But the opposite happened. Ace Walsh had found someone else in a matter of weeks. Xena Beth. I thought she was my best friend... Of course, she was the first one to break from our circle. And I knew that I was still not over him...
-----
"Olene, I would like you to deliver this to Mr. Bishop outside." My stupid Science teacher, Mrs. Clarke was ordering me around as usual. ALWAYS me. Just because I was bad at Science didn't mean she can boss me around. I thought I was suppose to improve my skills, not do her dirty work. I was fuming of course, but I couldn't stomp with the box in my arms. It contained lots of breakable lab beakers and thermometers. Imagine how Mrs. Clarke would look like if I told her one of the beakers broke.
I was outside by then. All I needed to do was round the corner of the school and---

I was so surprised, I nearly dropped the box. I was pretty sure anyone else would because Ace Walsh my ex-boyfriend was making out with Xena Beth. Too physical? Damn him! I was so angry, I placed the box on the ground and slapped Ace on his cheek.
"What the ?!" Ace shouted. This should get him into trouble. I remembered the scene too clearly in my head. He was shirtless, Xena was shirtless. I wasn't the type to break into tears easily, I was normally headstrong. But now I was just lying to myself because I was breaking into tears right now. I set the box down beside Mr. Bishop's white car and ran back into the school. I didn't go back to the classroom, I went to the bathroom. Luckily, I wasn't wearing any makeup. I wipe my tears, instantly looking into the mirror. It didn't make sense. I was too physical for him? We had been dating for two years and never had he invited me to ditch class to make out. They've been going out for about five days. There was something else. It wasn't because I was too physical for him. It was because he lost interest in me. And I wanted too much. I was so selfish...