Chapter Eight

Loser at Love

chapter 08 - dance, dance

The DJ was playing a very upbeat song and I couldn't help but sway to the beat. I was also glad that it wasn't a slow song because we might look a little too noticeable. I surveyed the crowd that were bouncing to the music. I was glad our gymnasium was among the biggest in the city because or else, we wouldn't be able to fit in this amount of people. While I was looking around, I was also trying to find any recognizable faces, a.k.a. my friends. My gaze was wandering of course and Talon noticed.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"No, no. I'm just looking for my friends."

"Oh, sorry I've been keeping you occupied all those weeks before. You probably wanted to dance with your friends right?" Was my face that easy to read?

"No, no. Well, it's true that I promised my friends that I would dance with them but I really want to dance with you." I said that while looking at him straight in the eye.

"Well, why don't we all dance together?" Talon smiled. I gleamed, and was definitely sure that my friends would say yes, right?

-----

"Oh, lookie here. Miss Liar Pants with her angelic boyfriend." I looked up. It was Sakura.

"Uh, sorry. I know I broke the promise but since he arrived here on his own, I had to keep him company. But, what about we all dance together?" I smiled at Talon, grateful for the idea.

"No thanks," Sakura retorted. "No offense." She said to Talon.

"You already sicken me without Talon at school and with him around, I would probably throw up just looking at you." Sakura left and joined my other friends who were dancing in the corner, their glares deafening at me.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was I really that scarily happy? How come they never said anything about me when I was dating Ace?

"Look, I'll leave." Talon suggested.

"No, no! It's fine!" I shouted.

"No, I think you need to resolve things here with your friends first. Besides, I think I should hang out with my own friends for a while also. Don't worry, I'll call you tonight and we could go out on another date this weekend." Talon winked at me and left, pressing his iPhone to his ear.

I sighed, knowing that Talon was absolutely right. There were times for friends and there were times for boyfriends. I strolled over to my pack of friends. They started whispering to each other and they kept glaring at me.

"Look, I'm sorry. VERY sorry. Talon left now. And you guys have the right to be mad at me. It's just that after I broke up with Ace Walsh, I guess I needed someone to support me again..."

"Yeah, but we're here Olene," Sakura spoke up softly, sympathy taking over.

"I know, and I was foolish. I promise that I won't obsess over my boyfriend. And I won't all go happy-peppy at school."

"Well, to tell you the truth, we're just really jealous of you. You first snag the high school prince and then you snag this super hot cutie," Fenny Suzanne admitted. I blushed also.

"I'm flattered." And then we started dancing in that little corner. And truthfully speaking I probably had more fun that night than with Talon. But I still love him...

..........right?