Chapter Five

Loser at Love

ch. 05 - threatening


It was Monday morning and my head was spinning. I was still trying to figure out what they were yelling about. Talon's mood dropped suddenly after the fight and when we lost out seats. I apologized so many times, I nearly cried. He told me that it was alright but his expression was grim. I was hoping that the date we planned this Friday was going to lift his spirits.
------
"Hey Olene! What's up? You look really tired." My best friend Sakura Tanemura was standing, watching my constant doodles.
"Oh um, nothing. I was just thinking about my boyfriend."
"You have a boyfriend??" she exclaimed. I was pretty sure the whole class heard it.
"Yeah..." I muttered.
"What's his name??" She was jumping up and down, bubbly as ever.
"Talon Malley..." I was afraid to say his name, because her excitement didn't seem to die down.
"Oh gosh!" she whispered-yelled. "That's scandalous! You're dating Xena's ex and Xena's dating your ex!" She bursted out the room, probably spreading the news. Sometimes, I wonder why she's my best friend.
------
I was yawning like crazy all morning. Sakura and Beverly took the liberty of buying me a small cup of coffee, trying to wake me up or at least stir my senses.
Beverly sighed as she watched me take the last gulp of the hot coffee.
"This is what you get from being so curious! Stress!"
"Thanks for the coffee. Maybe it's working...?" I said hopefully.
Beverly rolled her eyes. "Hopefully."
------
After I finished my lunch, I returned to my locker. I looked as Xena turned the corner. She spotted me and started walking towards me. I wondered what she wanted.
"Hello," she greeted. Xena seemed like a total now. And what was with the y outfit? I wondered if she got reported yet. The skirt was just too short for the dress code.
"What's up?" I asked, briefly searching through my locker, though I already have what I was looking for.
"Do you think Talon's using you just to prove to me that he's over me?" Conceited much?
"Don't think so." I turned my back away from her, and started toward me next class, though there was still some time before class began.
"Whatever. I guess it's not my problem. But just warning you, he can be a total player." She walked away, back downstairs to her awaiting Ace. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk away also. But I couldn't help but wonder if what she said was true... I shook the thought from my head. I didn't need anymore stress.