Chapter Three

Loser at Love

ch. 04 - movie date


This was our official first date. He had called me up last night to go watch a movie the next day. I arrived right on time at our meeting spot near the fountain close to the theatre but I haven't spotted sight of him yet.
And then he came, right before I was about to pull out my phone. He was breathless once he arrived.
"Sorry. My alarm didn't go off this morning." He was a late sleeper. It was nearly lunch, but I smiled sweetly at him.
-------
We walked hand-in-hand to the ticket booth.
"Two adult tickets to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." He took out his leather wallet and pulled out a twenty.
"Oh no! I have to pay you back!" I immediately realized.
"No, no. My treat." It was that smile again. I blushed, as normal.
"Fine... Then I would-- have to pay for the snacks." I rushed to the long line behind a tall man.
"I'll go save us seats." Talon pointed to the theatre room number two, which was quite close by.
It was a while, but I was soon at the table.
"A large bag of popcorn, extra butter, a large drink, Coke and a pack of Twizzlers." I took out a twenty and handed it to the cashier. He handed me my goods and I was ready to make it to the theatre room when I spotted them.
Ace and Xena. They were giggling and laughing and his arm was around her. When we went to the movies, we were strictly holding hands. I decided to leave immediately not caring anymore now that I had Talon but all the same, it still kind of hurt.
-------
"Hey," Talon waved. He was sitting near the front row.
"Hey." I placed the box into his hands and sat down beside him.
"Wow. Thanks."
"No problem." As I went for the Twizzlers bag. I noticed that his hand was on mine.
"Oops, sorry." I blushed dropping it immediately.
"No, no. We can share." He smiled at me so sweetly, it felt like melting butter. And then that reminded me of the popcorn. He handed me a Twizzler and I took a huge chomp at it.
"Hah, you're like a pig." He joked. I blushed.
"I didn't mean it meanly. I think it's cute." It was that smile again. Man, he has a knack at it. I nodded and continued at my Twizzler.
--------
Halfway throughout the movie, Talon went off to the washrooms. The movie was really intense and I was really into it and so I didn't notice that Talon was gone for quite a while. I didn't want to bother with his... uh, businesses but it was really long. He was gone for ten whole minutes. After another two minutes, I got worried. We were all finished our snacks anyways and the theatre wasn't as full as we thought it was. I was pretty sure we wouldn't lose our seats... And so I went off to look for him. I found him immediately, except he was talking with someone. A girl.
I wasn't the person to eavesdrop but it seemed rude to break off their intense conversation.
"Well, now I have a new boyfriend. Looks like you haven't moved on." The girl's voice shouted. The voice was all to familiar.
"What are you doing??" a voice hissed behind me. I whipped my head around, turning face to face to Ace Walsh. I was hoping that I wouldn't see them again but my hopes were lost.
"What are you doing here?" I hissed back.
"Oh, so that's your new boyfriend," he smirked, obviously analyzing him. Oh, so that was Xena...
"Whatever. It looks like Xena used to date Talon." I tried to listen to their conversation but it seemed to break off. Instead, I found them staring at us.
"Uhh, sorry to, interrupt...," I began. I was blushing and looking down as I said so.
"Whatever." Talon breathed and put his arm around me pushing me back into the theatre. The other couple walked opposite to us, to the theatre nearby where they were watching Up!
"What'd you say to her?" I whispered.
"Oh, it was nothing." He was trying to smile, but he was putting too much of an effort to it, it showed. I couldn't help but feel guilty. My guilty doubled when I noticed that our seats were taken.