6.

What If
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“Aren't you going home? It's already dark outside. Do you want me to take you home?” Leeteuk asked and bore his eyes onto mine.

 

We were sitting in the floor while our back was leaning against the sofa. He already felt better but I chose to stay. 

 

“I already texted my mom and I said I would stay here tonight.” I said and took a quick glance at him.

 

He stiffened and he looked so tense. I playfully hit his shoulder and broke the awkwardness between us. 

 

“I'm going to stay because you need someone to lean on. I don't want to feel alone... Leeteuk, I just want you to know that I am still your friend.” I explained and he gave me a warm smile.

 

His dimple popped up into his cheek as he nodded his head continously. 

 

“Do you want me to cook? I know how to cook and I can cook for you.”

 

Before I could respond, Leeteuk stood up and went straight to the kitchen area.

 

I just watched him from behind and observed him, quietly. 

 

I know... 

 

He's in pain and trying to look good in front of me. He doesn't want me to feel bad. I know him very well and he won't let me to suffer with him. 

 

“Do you need my help?” I asked and was about to stand up but he refused my help.

 

“Just sit there. I can do this alone.”

 

I did what he told and watched him preparing our food. I couldn't help but to smile cause it's been so long since we stayed in the same place and now we are eating together. 

 

It's making me nervous. Being alone with him makes me nervous every single time. I shouldn't feel like this but I can't help it. 

 

He always makes me nervous even before and I think nothing has changed cause I can still feel it.

 

 

“How was the food? Did you like it?” Leeteuk asked and he was sitting in front of me.

 

“It was good and you were a great cook!” I responded.

 

We both did the dishes and also cleaned up a bit. When we were finished, I sat down and leaned my back.

 

In a few minutes, He also sat down and did what I did. Our eyes met and he smiled up at me. 

 

“Thanks for being here, Chul.”

 

'Chul....'

 

“You're always welcome...” I managed to respond even though I was surprised by the fact he called me that way.

 

He stared at the ceiling and took a deep breath. I just remained silent and observed him. 

 

“Mom left me while I was sleeping last night. What I've found the next morning is a letter from her saying 'Jungsoo, I'm sorry but I'm leaving. Mom loves you a lot. I know after hearing my reasons, you will hate me so much but I just want you to know that mom is always proud of you and thank you for spending a few days with me. I have to leave, Jungsoo. Someone is waiting for me... Your little brother needs me.' Chul, was that right? She left me, her child for her another child. She could've just told me than abandoning me like this. I came back here for a reason and one of it was to be with my mother but look where she is now... She abandoned me and didn't even tell me she already had a new family.” His voice was trembling. Leeteuk shut his eyes off tightly and avoid looking at me.

 

I reached out his hands and gave it a few squeezes. 

 

“Everyone left me. I had no one here and I didn't know what to do about it. Should I just go back where I belong? My stepmom hates me and she doesn't want me there. What should I do now?”

 

It's heartbreaking... He looks like a child who's askin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter