The Plea

Your Skin On My Skin

 

Since when had it been my responsibility that Taemin got faced?

 

Why was I the one that was elected to make sure the drunk, eighteen year old idol made it back to his bed safe and sound?

 

I had no idea. But apparently the rest of Shinee decided this would be the perfect way to fix whatever was wrong with our relationship. Except Minho, whom I had a sneaking suspicion was hoping this night would end in a confession of sorts. Choi Minho was on my list.

 

It didn’t look like anyone would be doing any confessing, anyway, seeing as Taemin was near passed out beside me in the back of the cab. He was silent most of the time, only letting out slurred words randomly that were too quiet for me to really comprehend. Every time I glanced over at him to make sure he was still breathing, I couldn’t help thinking about the way his hair rested over his forehead and I just wanted to brush it back. But then I thought of the girl he danced with at the party and I refrained.

 

I had to rouse Taemin when it was time to head inside and, though he was thin, he was anything but light. It took me almost ten minutes and a whole lot of self-control to get him to the doorway of the Shinee dorm. When I finally opened the door, Taemin simply fell forward onto the ground, thankfully landing on a pile of coats that had somehow fallen from the coat rack.

 

Upon seeing his still body on the ground I groaned to myself. At least he was stationary so I could remove his shoes. I was busy struggling with the zipper on the inside of his stupid, stylish boots when Taemin decided to regain consciousness.

 

“What are you doing here?” his voice dragged out slowly, a bit angrily even.

“I’m taking care of you, Taemin-ah.”

“Yah! What did I tell you about calling me that?” He actually sounded upset, but it would have been easier to take him seriously if he hadn’t have slurred his words so terribly.

“I’m not in the mood,” I hissed.

“Not in the mood?” he laughed back and pulled himself into a sitting position. “Not in the mood. Not in the mood. Not in the mood,” he chanted. “What does that mean? The mood?”

“I’m being serious,” I stated as I watched him sway in his sitting position.

“So am I.”

 

Sighing, I stood up, having slipped off my heels, and continued into the living room. Taemin only sat still and stared at me, his eyes clouded over and his shoes now abandoned on the floor beside him.

 

And after a moment, Taemin set his jaw. “Get out.”

“Excuse me?” I near laughed.

“I said get out!” he said more forcefully this time and his face started growing pink.

“I’m just trying to help you, Taemin-ah.” He jumped to his feet much more quickly than someone his state should have been able to.

“Get the out, Song Jiyeon! I hate you! Why did you even come tonight?” he pointed at me accusingly and swayed on his feet.

“You wanted me to come, remember?”

“I hate you,” he said again. And that hurt. That really ing hurt.

 

Who knew Lee Taemin could be such a ?

 

“Whatever, Taemin-ah. I just hope you remember being an when you wake up in the morning,” I growled at him and spun on my bare heel back toward the door.

 

I was about fifteen seconds into trying to fasten the stupid buckle on the ankle of my heel when I heard what sounded like a body collapsing to the floor. My back went rigid and I waited a moment to be sure I didn’t hear anything else. The sounds of Taemin’s breathing met my ears and with a satisfied (and a bit relieved) smile I continued trying to fasten my shoe. Good, I thought, maybe he’d have a bruise on his stupid face in the morning.

 

Then, suddenly, I heard something like a whimper and I froze again. My stupid shoe still wasn’t on.

 

“Jiyeon-ah,” I heard Taemin whisper. This time, though, his voice was soft. It was cracked and broken and so terribly fragile. “Jiyeon-ah, stay. Please stay.”

 

He was just Taemin.

 

-----------------------------------------------

LOL, okay hi. So remember how I said I'd update in the next few days?

Yeah well I really didn't want to study for my Japanese speaking midterm tomorrow. Sooo here I am posting.

It's starting to get interesting, huh? =] 

Please let me know what you think! I really don't think I'm going to update this story until the weekend or maybe next weekend. I've been getting more comments lately and I'm so happy for that but I really am so eager to hear opinions, thoughts, even speculations for what's going to happen.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading!