The Accusation

Your Skin On My Skin

 

“Jiyeon-ah, what’s going on?” Minho asked concernedly. It had been a little more than a month. A little more than a month with little to no Taemin, barely any Shinee. My heart ached for my best friend but I couldn’t give in to that. It was too dangerous; too complicating.

“What do you mean?” I questioned quasi innocently. As if Choi Minho would ever fall for that. The Frog Prince was much more intuitive than I’d ever give him credit for.

“Taemin is really upset, you know. He misses you a lot,” he tried again. Minho was needling. I could feel it. He wanted to know what happened but didn’t want to ask. The sneaky little – “Did you two get in a fight? He says he doesn’t know what happened but you can’t be acting this way for no reason, right? You two were best friends.”

“We still are best friends,” I snapped rather rudely. Minho’s eyes widened momentarily and then relaxed as his eyebrows ventured to join with his hairline.

“Jiyeon-ah,” he admonished. “Best friends don’t do this to each other.” My heart squeezed in my chest. Because he was right.

 

God damn Choi Minho.

 

“Oppa,” I lamented. “It’s complicated.”

“It can’t be that complicated.”

My eyes narrowed dangerously. “Nothing is ever complicated for you, Minho oppa. But it is for the rest of us.”

“All I know is that my bandmate is being hurt by his apparent best friend. I don’t like people I care about being hurt, dongsaeng-ah,” Minho countered condescendingly. “If you’re in love with Taemin just ing say so.”

 

And my throat closed up at that point. Because that word cut and it scratched and it hurt. It ing hurt. And, no, that word wasn’t what Taemin and I were. It wasn’t. I couldn’t.

 

He was just Taemin.

 

--------------------------------------------

Short and....sweet? Okay, I guess more bitter than sweet.

Let me know what you think? ^_^