The Fallout

Your Skin On My Skin

 

Two weeks.

 

Forty-seven missed texts. Four were from Jonghyun, six from Minho, six from Onew and seven from Key. Twenty four were from Taemin.

 

Twenty missed calls. One from Jonghyun, one from Onew, three from Key, eight from Minho, twelve from Taemin.

 

I hadn’t even checked my email and I didn’t plan to. God knows what messages were there.

 

For fourteen days I had done two things. One, was attend my classes. The second, was immediately return home and not leave my bedroom until it was time to eat.

 

I cut Shinee out of my life completely because, really, after what I’d done I didn’t deserve any of their friendship. Did they even know what I did? I had no idea.

 

Unsure if Taemin even remembered, I decided to live in ignorance. If Taemin remembered, he surely hated me and I couldn’t stand being around him knowing how I’d taken advantage of him. If Taemin didn’t remember, then he was better left not knowing and not having a ty best friend in his life.

 

Best friend. I could laugh at that. Best friends don’t do what I did.

 

I was in the middle of contemplating this train of thought, thinking about how disgusting I was as a person and all, when I noticed my phone light up from beside me, long ago set to silent.

 

I didn’t move an inch from my spot, curled up in the fetal position in my bed. I only reached out my arm to bring my phone closer to me and see who was calling.

 

Lee Taemin.

 

Clearly he didn’t know. He wouldn’t be calling if he did.

 

The phone faded to black after the call went to voicemail. It stayed that way for a few seconds before lighting up again.

 

Lee Taemin.

 

As tears slipped from my eyes, I rolled away from the device and curled my arms around my body.

 

Is it possible to die from broken heart? Even if it’s your entire fault?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. How'd you like the last chapter? I only heard from a few of you. =[

I hope it was okay? ^^ I also hope my math adds up in this part, I wrote it like a week and a half ago and can't remember if I checked haha.

The next part is already written, I'll probably post it on Wednesday night (Japan time). 

Please let me know what you think, what you like/dislike, any comments. Thanks for reading.  =)