The Photoshoot

Your Skin On My Skin

 

I was at a photoshoot for some magazine or the other. Taemin had invited me since he wanted me to meet three boys who were part of a new SM group. Apparently he had been friends with them since his trainee days and aside from an essay I was procrastinating, I had nothing better to do.

 

I’d been sitting to the side of the set with Jonghyun for about an hour. Taemin was in hair and makeup but since Jonghyun wouldn’t be on set until later, he was free to keep me company. We were playing with an Instax camera, taking pictures of ourselves as well as the staff. Manager oppa was off to the side, less than pleased. He looked more like he’d like to be sleeping. Suddenly there was a call for relative quiet on the set and I looked up to see two boys standing in front of a wall, hair in somewhat of a whispy style that gave off the impression nonexistent wind was whipping the locks around their heads.

 

One boy, with dark brown hair, stood in a blue shirt and tan jacket. He was attractive, but, honestly, he was nothing compared to the boy next to him. With dyed light brown hair, almost holding a slight auburn quality to it, clear skin, not totally white but nicely pale for his complexion, he was exceedingly handsome. He was staring into the camera; bedroom-eyed and pouty lipped and flawless. Dressed in a steely green jacket and plaid shirt that fit his lithe body perfectly, he looked near irresistible.

 

I suddenly felt so under dressed at this photo shoot in a simple long sleeved tee shirt, blue jeans and boots. Thank the Lord I’d put on makeup but my long, black hair was only in a ponytail. Why hadn’t Taemin warned me his friends would be so attractive?

 

But, still, something about the boy in front of the camera was familiar, so familiar. Surely if I had ever met a boy as attractive as him I would remember wouldn’t I? Something about the way his nose curved and his eyebrows arched. Something about the angle of his jaw line. Something… something… No. It couldn’t be?

 

“Taemin finally looks his age, doesn’t he?” Jonghyun asked idly as he messed with the camera. “I think it’s because they dyed his hair. My dongsaeng is so handsome, and I’m just a dinosaur,” he lamented. I suppose I should have responded; laughed or shaken my head at how ridiculous he was, but I just sat in shock. No, it was impossible. This handsome boy with bewitching eyes and enticing lips and such a beautiful face… No, this couldn’t be my best friend.

 

He was just Taemin.