The Party

Your Skin On My Skin

 

I guess alcohol just makes things messier.

 

And even though Taemin was underage, SM never withheld alcohol from him at private company parties where there was no press. I didn’t even want to be at this stupid party but Shinee had forced me. Well, all of Shinee except Taemin. According to all of the boys, Taemin was a shell without me and if I didn’t go to this party I would do irreparable damage to our friendship.

 

In all fairness; Taemin had invited me. He’d sent me an invitation like he always did and under the beautiful gold filigreed lettering, there was a small request scrawled in Taemin’s hand, “Jiyeon-ah, please come. I miss you.”

 

I suppose that’s what had melted my heart and gotten me to the party in the end. No amount of Jonghyun’s puppy eyes or Kibum’s nagging could have had the effect on me that a simple plea had.

 

And, also, I was fully aware of the fact that Taemin still didn’t know what was going on. All he knew was that his best friend was suddenly MIA and didn’t want to be near him anymore. I felt guilty. So guilty. This wasn’t his fault, after all. It was mine.

 

So there I was, standing beside a centerpiece that looked like the letters S and M, watching the stage lights cover the crowd – purple then green then blue then red – as they bumped and grinded to the loud club music. And there Taemin was, doing his own bumping and grinding with a girl I’d never seen before. Because even though Taemin had wanted me to come, and even though the oppas had said he was lost without me, Taemin had ignored me since I arrived. He didn’t spare me a glance, just knocked back some alcohol and took to the dance floor.


And I was pissed. I was ing pissed. Because he was Taemin, he was my Taemin, and he didn’t belong pressed up against a girl I didn’t know and maybe even he didn’t know. I didn’t want him pressed up against anyone. And the thought of her feeling his skin on hers, his warmth; looking into his wide eyes and feeling his plumped lips whisper against her ear…

 

Even though I was in a mini dress and there was a breeze coming from some vent in the ceiling somewhere, I felt hot. I was overheating with the rage that was in my stomach, clawing in an escape attempt. But at the same time I felt a bit cold, too. Because I wanted Taemin to hold me the way he was holding her; his arms wrapped around her waist and pressing her to his chest. But it was wrong for me to feel that way. So wrong. I had no right.

 

He was just Taemin.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm updating rather frequently, aren't I? I spoil you guys. ;)

Remember that NC-17 chapter I warned everyone about? It's coming...very soon haha.

Let me know what you think!!!