The Beginning

Your Skin On My Skin

 

Few people knew me, really knew me, like Taemin did.

 

Most just saw me as a girl with too much money, too small a waistline, and too big an ambition. But Taemin had never thought that about me.

 

We met during a hip-hop class when we were fifteen (a secret, I was told, because he wasn’t supposed to be training outside of SM). We got into a fight about who could perform a move better. Taemin won easily, especially with my forte being ballet, but we’d talked after that quite frequently. And then we met outside of class – he’d only come sporadically, anyway – and then we were talking on the phone and texting all day long.

 

Taemin was my best friend. He believed in my dreams and I believed in his. Sometimes people judged our closeness incorrectly including many of our friends and family members. My grandmother, for example, wanted us to get married and was pretty vocal about it, ignoring my cries of ‘we’re just friends’ and ‘we’re eighteen, for God’s sake.’ Besides, I could never see my best friend like that.

He was just Taemin.

 

-----------------

Sorry this is short, but the chapters get progressively longer as they go.

This story will NOT be long. Maybe 10-15 parts at most.

Please don't be a silent reader... that was pretty much the downfall of my Jonghyun story, I think.