What is Boring? (Yoongi x Reader)

BTS Drabbles

“Do you think we live boring lives?” 

Your question rang through the quiet apartment, clinging to the minimal decorations, and bringing Yoongi’s attention away from the book he was reading, your pet napping calmly next to him. It was week whatever of quarantine and at this point, you’d found yourself thinking more and more about how little your life seemed to change since going into quarantine. Sure you no longer went to random cafes or your office to work, but your hobbies hadn’t been hindered because you were now limited to your apartment and almost all your friends were online relationships already so it wasn’t as if they had changed much either. 

In fact, you often found yourself talking to them more now that you were on your computer all the time. 

You’d been staring at your empty apartment mindlessly for almost 5 minutes before you proposed the question, your mind slowly circling around the same 4 thoughts.

  1. Were you boring?
  2. What even made something exciting to do?
  3. How would humans look a million years from now?
  4. How many dogs could you fit into your apartment without your landlord complaining?

“No.”

“How come?”

“I mean… just because what we do isn’t exciting for others doesn’t mean it’s boring.” Yoongi started, his brow furrowed in thought as he looked outside, “I enjoyed our little adventure into making our own pasta last night… even if we ruined our grout by getting flour stuck in it.” 

You hummed and nodded, looking out the window at the moving world. Cars rushed passed by, people quickly walked on the sidewalks, and distantly, birds sang. Your apartment was so quiet compared to the outside and you couldn’t tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing. 

Was cooking pasta even an adventure?

“You don’t seem convinced.”

“I’m not.”

“How come?” 

“I wouldn’t call cooking an adventure.” A sigh left you as you readjusted in your seat, “It’s not like it was some grand mountaineering adventure.” 

“True… but it was an exploration of some sort. Neither of us had made pasta before. We were kind of adventuring into the unknown of pasta making. I mean… we didn’t even follow a real recipe.” 

You snorted at that and shook your head. The “recipe” you followed was some coworkers vague descriptions of how she made pasta in the past and it barely gave any measurements… which led to Yoongi thinking it was reasonable to use 10 eggs for 128g of flour.

Spoiler: It was not reasonable. 

“I guess…”

“So we have had some adventures then?” 

“Yeah. I guess.”

“So we aren’t boring.” 

With that Yoongi looked back down at his book and refocused on the adventure happening in it. You continued to think, your mind now cycling through five thoughts as you looked at your pet napping next to Yoongi.

  1. What was your pet dreaming about?
  2. Were they on an adventure?
  3. Who the decided socks were ok to wear indoors.
  4. Was there anyone climbing a mountain right now?
  5. What would happen if you mixed chocolate and water to make homemade hot chocolate?