Anniversary (Namgi)

BTS Drabbles

A comforting feeling washed over Namjoon as he entered his apartment. After a long day of work, he felt his body fall into a more relaxed state, his ears and shoulders sagging as his whole body released pent up energy collected from the day. Yoongi, his boyfriend, wouldn’t be home for an hour or so longer and Namjoon was glad about it. Not only did he know how stressed Yoongi got when Namjoon was stressed, but more importantly, Namjoon needed time to prepare.

It was their two year anniversary and he didn’t want anything like last year where he mixed up Yoongi’s birthday with their anniversary. The celebration was similar but there were more people around… and Yoongi was so confused when Namjoon had a bunch of “Happy Birthday” paraphernalia… he loved it but Namjoon wanted to cry in embarrassment (and none of their friends let Namjoon live it down).

No one would be able to clown him over their first anniversary mix-up when Namjoon awes everyone with all that he has planned for tonight. Namjoon was going all out:

A few cheese cakes.

Lamb skewers.

Fried chicken.

Bulgogi.

A cheese platter.

A 6 pack of americanos (even though it was almost 6 pm).

That didn’t even take into account the few gifts Namjoon got and the decorations and the gift card. For once, Namjoon was prepared and shortly after returning to their apartment, Namjoon was setting up for their anniversary dinner. Yoongi would love it.

After tonight, he wouldn’t be called a “forgetful lab” anymore. Namjoon let out a triumphant sigh when he finished setting up. If he actually had a good celebration last year, he’d say he outdid himself! Although this might make it harder to do anniversary stuff next year with how amazing he did. 

Before he had too much time to gloat, he heard the tell tale noise of the door unlocking. Yoongi was home!

Namjoon had to grab his tail to stop it from thwacking the table excitedly, wanting to keep the dinner a surprise until Yoongi entered the room. Yoongi would love it. Omg. Yoongi would love it so so much.

Sure enough, Namjoon saw Yoongi’s beady eyes widen and his tail flutter around excitedly as he entered the kitchen, his small nose twitching as he sniffed the air. 

“Namjoon-ah? What’s all this for?” Yoongi asks quietly, his eyes growing bigger by the minute as he takes all the food Namjoon got into account.

“Happy two years together, Hyung! I know last year I goofed up but I was determined! Come here! I got all your favorites!”

Yoongi blushed deeply and nodded, letting Namjoon talk and talk about all the stuff he’d gotten. By the end of the night, Namjoon was absolutely SURE that he had wowed Yoongi’s socks off! He was a soft blushing mess all night and all the excitement made it hard for Namjoon to sleep. He was holding Yoongi close, occasionally getting flicked by Yoongi’s soft racoon ears that twitched as he dreamed, and trying desperately to calm down.

Today went so well.

It was the perfect Thursday night for their anniversary celebration.

Wait…

The 5th was a Monday. 

Namjoon’s tail stilled.

.