The KSG

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was busy finishing some documents on her desk, when one of her employee also known as her friend walked in the room without knocking and plopped down on the empty chair next to her desk. 

 

Joohyun was busy typing things into the document. Her friend glanced up and frowned at the sight of her, 

 

"Unnie, why are you looking so sad?"

 

"I'm not sad, Yeri."

 

Her friend scoffed, 

 

"Yeah right. I know you too well Bae Joohyun."

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes playfully at her friend before continuing typing. 

 

"Joohyun unnie, I heard you had a date last Sunday. How was it? Did it go well?" 

 

Yeri asked nonchalantly as if it wasn't something important for her.

 

Joohyun stopped typing and sighed, 

 

"Yeah..we did.." 

 

She said, but didn't elaborate, not wanting to talk about her date.

 

Yeri frowned, noticing her discomfort, 

 

"If it went well, then why aren't you excited about it? I mean you never had a good date until now.."

 

Joohyun bit the inside of her cheek before answering, 

 

"I haven't heard anything from her after the date..we agreed to meet again..but she hasn't answered my texts.." 

 

Joohyun admitted sadly.

 

Yeri furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, 

 

"Why would she ignore you if everything went well? Is there something you're worried about?"

 

Joohyun sighed heavily, 

 

"I don't know...maybe she changed her mind. Maybe this was just a mistake." 

 

She muttered under her breath hoping her best friend wouldn't catch that. Yeri however did, and she patted Joohyun's shoulder reassuringly.

 

"Don't worry unnie.." 

 

Yeri stated, 

 

"One day you'll someone will fall madly in love with you and sweep you off your feet. Don't give up on that someone yet."

 

Joohyun's cheeks immediately started to flush at those words. 

 

"Stop being so cheesy." 

 

She huffed.

 

Yeri simply laughed, knowing Joohyun would say that and laugh along with her.

 

"Ohh! by the way I'm not here only to hear your sad stories, I have a new proposition for our next project." 

 

Yeri handed her project proposal sheets over to Joohyun for inspection. Joohyun took them and glanced through the pages, nodding her head in agreement.

 

"You suggesting a new line of clothing?" 

 

She read.

 

Yeri nodded, 

 

"But this time, we're going to focus on suit and jacket pieces."

 

"Tell me more."  

 

Joohyun said and she leaned back in her seat.

 

"Well, we've been thinking about creating new looks for women to try on. Suits are quite popular nowadays but we need to find a way to be innovative..to be unique..and this could really help us do that. The idea was that instead of designing suits for men's wear, we could use some kind of fashion style to represent women's interests. The concept is quite simple but it's still revolutionary."

 

Yeri told her boss.

 

Joohyun nodded, agreeing with her proposal.

 

"Sounds good. Give me a day or so to think about this and see how much I like it and what I want to make sure our company doesn't do." 

 

She replied. 

 

"Alright. Take all the time you need and I'll leave you alone to think. Oh and I hope to hear from you soon."

Yeri said but before she left, she added,

"By the way, I'm thinking about this one fashion designer in particular."

Joohyun raised her eyebrow.

"Who's that?"

She asked curiously.

"She never really comes out publicly, but we have her profile. She's a very popular designer in Korea but nobody knew her real name and her face, only that she goes by KSG . We're trying to recruit her to our company. She's one of the best suit designers in the industry." Yeri explained.

 

"Really? That's interesting. I guess we can start working together once if I agree to the project. Arrange a new meeting next week. We can discuss everything more in person with your team. Also, make sure that everyone involved attend the meeting and prepare everything because I won't tolerate any mistakes." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter