Little Date

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Joohyun returned to her apartment, exhausted and tired, having just finished attending a charity gala event. The events were always exhausting to go to. 

 

Joohyun needed her beauty sleep because she had an early morning meeting in the morning. Joohyun immediately went to bed after cleaning herself. 

 

She slept soundly the whole night, dreamlessly. She woke up later at 6 am and decided to have a quick shower before going to eat breakfast.

 

Joohyun applied her favourite fragrance body lotion, her makeup and fixed her hair before put on her work attire. 

 

Once she checked her appearance once more, she headed downstairs to grab breakfast. She ate a light breakfast then headed straight to the office. 

 

She arrived at work shortly after 7 am, greeting everyone at the company. She started working immediately, reviewing some on-going projects that needed improvements. 

 

She was immersed in her work until she didn't notice lunch break approaching. She heard someone knocking on her door.

 

"Come in." 

 

She called, still focused on her work. 

 

"Ms Bae..?" 

 

Seulgi greeted, poking her head into Joohyun's office.

 

Joohyun lifted her eyes from her laptop screen when she heard familiar voice that made her heart jump excitedly. 

 

Joohyun smiled and said, 

 

"Hey Seulgi. How are you?"

 

"O-Oh, I'm okay." 

 

Seulgi stuttered as she closed the door behind her. She walked slowly toward Joohyun and put down a lunch box on Joohyun's desk. 

 

"I figured that you skipped your lunch again as usual so I packed you lunch and bought a sweet drink from a cafe across from here and thought you might need them." 

 

Seulgi explained sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck in embarrassment.

 

Joohyun smiled brightly and took the lunch box.

 

"You've been watching me haven't you?" 

 

She teased Seulgi.

 

Seulgi blushed deeply. She cleared , embarrassed by her actions. 

 

"A bit yeah maybe."

 

She admitted, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

 

"Don't worry. I don't think I minded if it's you."

 

Joohyun chuckled causing Seulgi to smile.

 

Joohyun opened the box and saw some dishes filled with rice and soup. It smelled delicious.

 

"You cooked this by yourself?" 

 

She questioned, surprise evident in her voice.

 

"Um..." 

 

Seulgi stuttered for the second time. 

 

"Yeah..living alone makes me want to try new things, especially food. I don't want to eat takeout everyday."

 

Joohyun nodded understandingly. This girl never fails to impress her, making her melt even more than she already was.

 

"Thank you, Seulgi. These are very nice."  

 

She said gratefully and started eating.  

 

Seulgi smiled proudly, looking extremely proud of herself after hearing Joohyun's response. 

 

"It's so delicious, Seulgi." 

 

Joohyun praised again, earning a huge grin from Seulgi.

 

"Uhmm...I-I should go back continue my work now..E-Enjoy your lunch Ms Bae." 

 

Seulgi stammered, her cheeks pink. She turned around and hurriedly exited the room, closing the door behind her.

 

Joohyun giggled at the way Seulgi reacted, remembering her first date with Seulgi. She then ate happily, thinking back to those moments she shared with Seulgi.

 

 

...

 

 

As it was getting late, Joohyun decided to finish her work and leave. As soon as she stepped out of her office, she noticed some lights from a certain office which was not too far from hers. Seulgi must be there, she concluded.

 

Joohyun slowly walked towards the dimly lit office, she peeked through the glass window of the office and she saw Seulgi sitting behind a desk, sketching something. 

 

Joohyun felt her heart skip a beat. Seulgi looked completely engrossed in whatever she has drawn.

 

Seulgi was wearing a white shirt tucked in the pants, her sleeves rolled up exposing her fair arms. Her hair was tied loosely giving her a y look that Joohyun couldn't resist.

 

After observing Seulgi for a few minutes, she slowly opened the door and entered the room, careful to not make too much noise.

 

Seulgi suddenly snapped her head towards Joohyun who had finally entered the room, her eyes widened at the sudden entrance. 

 

"O-Oh Ms Bae! I'm terribly sorry, I was too focused on my work and uh..I didn't notice that you were coming in."  

 

She apologized frantically, standing up to bow in apology.

 

Joohyun couldn't help but chuckle at Seulgi's cute reaction, causing the other woman to blush furiously. 

 

"Seulgi please calm down." 

 

She chuckled again and approached Seulgi.

 

"May I see what you're doing?" 

 

Joohyun asked curiously and walked closely to Seulgi's desk. 

 

"Of course, but uhm... it's still unfinished. I'm still working on it." 

 

Seulgi replied, avoiding eye contact with Joohyun.

 

"Is..it a design for our suits?" 

 

Joohyun asked with curiosity, leaning against Seulgi's desk, staring intently at Seulgi's drawing.

 

Seulgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter