Cold

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun woke up early the next morning, feeling unusually excited for some reason. Seulgi will be picking her up. She was looking forward to spending more time with Seulgi again.

 

As she freshened up and getting ready for work, she heard her phone buzz and saw that she has a new message notification. Joohyun picked her phone up and read the message.

 

'I'm already outside waiting for you.' - Kang Seulgi 

 

Joohyun couldn't contain a big smile from forming on her face when she reads the message. She quickly made herself presentable and rushed downstairs.

 

As she arrived at the entrance of her building, Seulgi was standing right infront of her car. Seulgi waved cheerfully at Joohyun. 

 

"Good morning, Joohyun."

 

Joohyun returned the smile. 

 

"Good morning, Seulgi." 

 

Seulgi opened the passenger's side and offered a hand for Joohyun to sit in. Seulgi sat in the drivers seat. Seulgi waited for her to buckle her seatbelt before starting off the engine and starting the drive to the company. 

 

"Uhmm...I don't know if you already had a breakfast but I bought a breakfast for you to eat later on. I heard you'll have a meeting later in the morning. I don't want to you to starve." 

 

Seulgi commented as she continued to drive down the roads to the company. Joohyun was delighted by Seulgi's gesture, 

 

"Thanks Seulgi, that's really nice of you." 

 

She said softly and kissed Seulgi's cheek softly, earning a blush from the latter who smiled shyly.

 

They finally arrived at the company's building in only 30 minutes. Joohyun stepped out first and thanked Seulgi again for bringing her and her breakfast. 

 

Joohyun looked around before kissed Seulgi again on her cheek and headed to the elevator. Seulgi stood there with a dumbfounded expression on her face.

 

Seulgi finally arrived on her floor after skipping one elevator ride. Seulgi greeted everyone at the company and headed to her office. As she entered the room, she found her new friend from the company sitting patiently by her desk waiting for Seulgi. 

 

"Ahh, Seulgi! Morning!" 

 

Her friend greeted cheerfully. Seulgi returned her friendly grin and took a seat at her desk.

 

"Morning, Seungwan."   

 

Seulgi replied pleasantly.

 

"What are you doing here?" 

 

Seulgi asked curiously. 

 

"I missed my friend." 

 

She answered truthfully, pouting playfully while crossing her arms over her chest.

 

Seulgi chuckled at her friend. 

 

"Did you had your breakfast? Should we go grab some from the cafeteria?"  

 

Seulgi suggested. 

 

Seungwan smiled brightly. 

 

"Sure! Let's go!" 

 

Seungwan hopped out of her chair and dashed towards the door.

 

Seulgi chuckled again and followed behind her friend.

 

As they walked through the empty corridors, Seulgi's thoughts wandered back to earlier this morning.

 

She could still feel the softness and sweetness of Joohyun's kisses on her cheek. They left a sweet and  tingly sensation on her skin and it wasn’t long until Seulgi started blushing like crazy. 

 

"Are you ok?" 

 

Seungwan suddenly questioned making Seulgi jump.

 

Seulgi laughed nervously. 

 

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine."

 

Seungwan frowned. 

 

“Are you sure? You look kind of flushed, too.”

 

Seulgi gave Seungwan a nervous chuckle. 

 

“I think I ate something wrong at home this morning.”

 

"Huh? but we're heading to cafeteria for breakfast."

 

Seungwan pointed out confusedly. 

 

Seulgi felt a shiver ran down her spine at Seungwan's words. Seulgi forgot about where she was going. She did go and bought a breakfast for Joohyun but she didn't buy anything for herself. 

 

"Well," 

 

Seulgi began, trying to find some lie or an excuse,

 

"I-I mean yesterday! I ate something yesterday!  That's why I’m feeling weird now!" 

 

Seulgi internally facepalmed at her own words, but thankfully Seungwan believed them.

 

"Oh, ok then," 

 

She said and shrugged nonchalantly.

 

They reached the cafeteria in no time, Seungwan paid the fee for both of their meals and brought her tray to the table. The two girls ate together for several minutes before Seulgi spoke up, 

 

"So... How's your progress with Park Sooyoung? Did she finally noticed you yet?" 

 

She said teasingly. She knew her friend head over heels with Park Sooyoung. Seungwan rolled her eyes and sighed.

 

"Not yet, not yet. It would be so great if she would notice me already, though. She's just so hard to get..."

 

"Hmm..."  

 

Seulgi hummed, unsure of what else to say.

 

"Hey.." 

 

Seungwan called to catch her attention. 

 

"We should do something during our free time, just the two of us! We haven't been spending much time together lately."

 

Seulgi nodded and agreed. 

 

"You're right. I guess we've been busy with other things these days."

 

"Exactly. We need a break." 

 

Seungwan said.

 

After their breakfast, they went back to their respective floor for their respective jobs. Seulgi on her way to her office when someone suddenly blocked her path. Maybe it was one of her coworkers fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter