First Date

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*phone ringing*

 

"How's your date, Joohyun?"

 

Joohyun sighed, 

 

"Disaster Appa. Can you please stop setting me up with people I don't even know or have a chance of getting along with?"

 

The man in question let out a chuckle. 

 

"I'm not getting younger and neither are you. You've been stuck in your office for days on end doing nothing but working hard."

 

He paused before continuing, 

 

"Your brand is successful now and you have your own employees you can rely on. Do something else besides just sitting around all day like an old man." 

 

He teased. 

 

"And you should take a break every once in awhile and enjoy yourself, you deserve it after all the work you put into making this company what it is today."

 

"But Appa, every man and woman you set me up with ends up being either boring or uninteresting." 

 

She whined.

 

"Don't worry! I still have one more person that will be perfect for you! Someone who will make you forget about how dull this office life really is!" 

 

He replied enthusiastically, clearly proud of himself for finding the perfect candidate for his daughter.

 

"Again Appa? I'm doing well enough as I am, my company is my life and I have no interest in starting anything with someone else." 

 

"But Joohyun, if you're truly satisfied with the way things are right now then why not try? Just one more time and if this person turns out to not be good enough for you then I'll stop setting you up again." 

 

He bargained.

 

She groaned loudly before relenting,

 

"One more time, that's it, then we're done."

 

Her father cheered and agreed happily, knowing full well that he'd won. 

 

"Great! Your date will be on Sunday at eight o'clock sharp. Wear your nicest outfit. I'll send you more details later. I love you! Bye!"

 

"I love you too. Bye, Appa." 

 

She mumbled softly as she clicked her phone off.

 

She turned back towards her computer screen. Not long after that, she received a message from her dad, detailing her 'date.' 

 

The last thing she needed was him setting her up with some random person she'd never met before.

 

She knows that she was getting older but heart wasn't quite ready for such a drastic change, especially when she couldn't find her soulmate yet.

 

Joohyun opened the message sent by her dad and saw that he had set her up on a blind date with a woman named Kang Seulgi. 

 

She sighed deeply, not sure why her father thought meeting with Kang Seulgi would turn her life around. 

 

"You can do it, Bae Joohyun. One last time. Let see if Kang Seulgi is someone worthy of you." 

 

She said to herself as she went to continue her work.

 

 

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday came sooner than expected and before she knew it, Joohyun was dressed up and ready for her date.  

 

She decided to wear black off-shoulder ruffle sleeve dress. Her hair hung loose, almost reaching down her back, with small strands falling around her face, giving her a relaxed aura. She took a deep breath before heading out the door.

 

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

 

 

It was already 7:50 pm when she got there. Looking back at the message her dad sent here before, 

 

'Blue deep suit, monolid eyes'

 

She sighed again. She quickly entered the venue, scanning the area for her mystery person and saw a familiar silhouette. 

 

Upon closer inspection, Joohyun noticed her outfit exactly matched the one her father described.

 

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter