Baeksang

Random Jihyooo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Insung hyung, what's wrong?" Kwangsoo asked Insung as they are now in a private bar, after the latter called him to meet up and drink.

He sighed and finished his 2nd bottle of soju that night. "Your noona..." He started.

Kwangsoo's attention was quickly caught when he realized the person his hyung is referring to. "Jihyo noona? Why? Did you two fight?"

"Not literally. I just felt like, she doesn't want our relationship to step up. We've been...we've been together for three years now. We're not in that age anymore to hide."

"Did you ask her to finally come clean about your relationship to the public?" 

"I didn't ask her directly. It's just what I was able to interpret from all her actions."

He told Kwangsoo about his attempts to finally told everyone about their relationship. He was so sure about her now that he felt his conscience bothering him that Jihyo is not someone that should be hidden. She's someone deserving to be flexed. Besides, he wanted the guys out there to know that she's taken so they can back off. Especially how Jihyo's beauty these past months heightened, he can't help but be more  possesive of her. 

What triggers this? The numerous conspiracies of Jihyo's fans regarding the ring she's wearing these past months. He was able to confirm from her that it was a friendship ring with her staff however, his jealousness that her fans linked her with guys they are hoping she's with right now lingers within him. He hated the fact that he's not one of those. He was glad that the fans think of her being in a relationship because she appears happier these past months, but he wanted to tell them as well, that it's because of him.

He wanted to take pride of the fact that he was one of the people contributing the most to her happiness.  

That's why he tried for how many times, directly and even indirectly to confirm if she's feeling the same way. However, Insung felt betrayed and hurt with the fact that Jihyo seems content now of remaining in the shadow, sneaking their dates, and most importantly, being linked to a lot of other guys.

1st attempt

"Jihyo, hurry up. It's already late, the store might close soon."

They are going to convenience store, late at night, because Jihyo suddenly craves for corndog. He tried his best to refuse her but Jihyo's aegyo won against him, as always. Yet here he is looking like the one with the sudden craving as her girlfriend is taking her sweet time decluttering their shared cabinet. 

"Wait...I'm looking for my hoodie. Have you seen it? Why were your hoodies not here as well?" She shouted from inside their room.

 "I didn't see yours. Mine might be in the laundry " 

He lied. Of course he saw it. There's no way he would use all his hoodies as well, considering that they rarely go out. He hid hers while he just shove all of his in the laundry. 

"Jihyo-ah, just use a snapback or wear a mask." He tried to convince her.

"But even the hats aren't here. Did someone trespass us?" 

Oh right, he hid those as well. "I'm sure, it's just there. Let's go Jihyo, it's getting late. Just wear a mask, please." 

"No way! That won't work. We'll still be too noticeable that way." She countered. She's now out of the room, but looking around the living room this time. 

"It's dark outside Jihyo. There's even a possibility of not seeing anyone outside."

"Still not convinced. It's too risky. It's best not to give them any opportunity to sneak up on us." 

He breathed heavily with what she said. Despite three years of being together, she's still too afraid of letting the public know. 

"Argh! I can't find our things. Did I misplace them?" She dejectedly utter since it was her who always arrange their clothes. 

"Hey...what's wrong?" He softly asked her after she fell flat on the sofa. 

"I really want to eat a corndog now. But if it's like this, let's just stay here and eat what we have here." She muffly answered, still laying flat on the sofa.

He smiled. Despite his determination to ignore her and continue with his plan, he just can't really ignore how adorable she is in moments like this. He defeatedly went inside their room and took out her hoodie and cap from where he hid it. 

"Jihyo-ah. Get up there now if you still want to have your corndog." 

She sat up lifelessly. "Andwae! Not until I have - ahhhh, omo!" She shrieked after seeing Insung holding her own hoodie and cap. 

Well, whatever. He thought after Jihyo ran towards him and hugged him, before getting what he's holding and wore it immediately. 

"That's it? I only get a hug?" 

She hooked her arms around his neck and gave him a peck on both cheeks and lips. "Thank you love. Because of you my cravings are always satisfied." 

He chuckled at her response before interlocking their hands together. "You're lucky that I'm whipped." He proudly admitted to her before both went out of his unit.  

2nd attempt

"Jihyo, our shadows look so good here." 

In his living room, the two cuddly sat beside each other as they watch the movie Miracle in Cell No.7 as Jihyo insisted after failing a game during their Running Man filming, just because she doesn't know anything about the movie. Since he already watched it, he spent his time scrolling through his phone.   

"Shhh." Jihyo silenced him as she focused watching the movie. His lips' corner raised after seeing her current state. He reached out for the tissue box and pulled out one to wipe off her tears. 

When he got back to his phone, he thought of something to do, hoping to take advantage of her focus on the movie. "Love, I'm going to post our shadows on my Insta."

That quickly caught her attention. She hastily looked at him and took away his phone. He was startled so he wasn't able to stop her from deleting the photo. 

"Why did you delete it?" He tried to ask her calmly.

"Why would YOU post it?" She asked back. 

"Stop being so uptight Jihyo, it was just our shadows. They won't even be able to recognize that it's us. Besides I'll caption it with something general." 

"Don't underestimate what our fans could do Insung. If you post this, they will just be curious and will start watching your every move. Trust me, if you post this, it will just be days before rumors to happen about us."

"And what's wrong with that?" 

"Insung..." She pleads and looked at him sympathetically. "You know why we can't just carelessly reveal what we have, right?"

"Yeah, you told me for how many times already why we can't. I understand that. It's just that, I don't know how long I can." 

That was the first time that Insung told her what he feels with their set up, so she was kind of taken aback. He used to understand it. He used to just agree to what she wants. But he's starting to waver especially now, that he can clearly see his future with her. 

3rd attempt

Despite their misunderstandings, the two were always quick to fix things between them. In their relationship, it was Insung who always can't last of getting upset to her but he doesn't mind it. That's how sure he is with his intentions. That's how much he treasures her so he's willing to always back down to keep her. 

"Answer it, Jihyo." Insung encouraged her and squeezed her hand to give her courage. 

Just minutes ago, Insung was able to confirm that he was nominated for a Best Actor award for Baeksang. With Jihyo's latest television series which marked her comeback after a two-year hiatus, without any leading man, her performance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter