Coffee Deal

Random Jihyooo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay."

"That's it? Should we retake?"

"Do you want to retake it?"

Jihyo looked at Lee Sung Min and saw him hardly stopping himself from laughing at her and the director's conversation. 

"Well...if-if you think it's good take, then - "

"It's okay." 

She pressed her lips tightly and forcedly smile at the director. Uncomfortable. That's how she can describe the atmosphere with him. She's always struggling to fathom if she portrays the scene nicely or lacking. They're staying in Jeju Island for a week now to shoot their movie "Wind,wind,wind" yet she's still adjusting with how Lee Byeonghun directs the film. 

"It's a good take already Jihyo-ssi." A pat in the back was given to her by the Assistant Director, aware of the ongoing discomfort between the two. 

"Jihyo-yah let's eat by the beach." 

"Arasso, oppa." Jihyo followed Lee Sung Min as they set to eat outside with Lee El and Shin Ha Kyun.

"How should I handle him, oppa?" Jihyo asked while stirring randomly her soup and looking at the small waves.

"Just get used to it. He's a great director but he don't really express himself much." Hakyun replied to her while refilling her glass of water. 

"So whenever he says okay. That automatically means that it's enough for him?" 

"Yes. Unless yourself isn't satisfied. You're free to decide on that." Sungmin said trying to put comfort to a dongsaeng's work struggle. 

"Okay." Jihyo concluded that made El snorted.

"Wae?"

"Unnie, that's a disappointing okay."

"Omo, am I starting to be like him?"

The four shared laughters and worries throughout their break. Jihyo somehow acknowledged the reality that she cannot get along with everyone naturally. Maybe their current director is someone she needs to put extra effort in dealing with. 

At the end of their filming, everyone went into their own rooms to recharge for as long as they can. The movie's set-up isn't something that needs to be taken in and out repeatedly but the weather is something they need to worry about. Besides, it's always a practice to every filmmakers to shoot scenes as many as they can, as early as they can to prevent accidents or unexpected situations that can halt the filming. 

Jihyo was walking towards her assigned room when she saw the director walking away from their rented place. 

"It's 1:00 AM, where would he go?" 

It's probably due to the director's shyness that she gets curious with every little thing he do. People around her find herself mysterious as well since she usually spends time alone so meeting someone more introvert than her is intensifying her curiousity.

Jihyo silently followed him. She walks like a fox, afraid of her prey noticing her presence and finds time to escape. The thrill is washing away her bed's strong pull and suddenly feeling the moment she's most awake that day. She saw him sat down on a bench by the beach. The lamp beside his location is weak enough for the crew and casts not to clearly recognize him but strong enough to allow him to read what he's reading. 

Is he reading the script?

She walked nearer to him trying to take a better look of what he's reading.

"Jihyo, come out. I can clearly see you." 

She was startled when she saw him looking at her. Various explanations were circling her mind but her worries disappeared when she heard him slightly laugh. Jihyo walked confusedly towards him. Byeonghun moved slightly to give space beside him so she used that as a sign to occupy the space.

"Wae?"

"Mong." The director said while smiling a bit and get back in what he's doing.

"Are you watching Running Man?" Jihyo asked enthusiastically, obviously ecstatic that the director knows her famous character.

"I don't." Jihyo pouted with his immediate denial. "But you're famous. Of course I'd heard about it." She then looked at him and acknowledge the truth behind his words. 

"What are you doing?" She took a quick glance at the script he's holding but he quickly took it away from her sight.

But Jihyo is stubborn. They're both introverts but as a common observation, when introverts gather, someone or all of them will become temporary extroverts. She fights against him in reaching the script while he extended his hands sideward to prevent her from getting it. 

Byeonghun stiffened when Jihyo raised her feet to kneel on the bench, placed her right hand on his shoulder to balance herself and extended her left arm sidewards to reach the script. Their faces are so near that he was caught off-guard and subconsciously put down his arm holding the script.

"Got it!" Jihyo happily exclaimed and again sat properly beside him.

Jihyo looked at the director once she read the notes written on the script. There were written emotions that the actors need to portray. But what made her more shocked is how detailed it is. 

"You did this?" Byeonghun looked away but Jihyo saw him nodded as a response. "Wait, are you blushing?" Jihyo asked as the weak light beside them still highlights the redness of the director beside her. 

"Stop." Byeonghun took the script back from her and fanned himself to somehow remove his embarassment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter