The Flash Drive

The Case Of The Secret

Hyori went to the hotel to hang out at the restaurant. She wanted to flirt with Geun Suk...and maybe even see Lee Jong Hyun again. Hong Ki went with her because he heard that the food was great.

"Noona, I will pay for our lunch," Hong Ki said.

"Joha (Fine)," Hyori said.

The two were ordering while Geun Suk was playing "Fly Me To The Moon" on the piano. After the order, Hong Ki noticed Geun Suk looking at their direction.

"Noona, the pianist is looking this way," Hong Ki whispered.

"Geurae?" Hyori feigned being shock. "Maybe he is looking at me."

Hyori flipped her hair as she turned to look at the pianist, who winked at her.

"Whohoah Noona! Do not tell me you are seeing another guy!" Hong Ki commented. "After breaking up with Hyun Joong-hyung, you are flirting with another."

"Ah, but Geun Suk is the better man," Hyori said. "Too bad he is way, way younger than Hyun Joong."

Hong Ki's eyes grew wide.

"Mwo????" Hong Ki asked. "Aish, Noona, where were you? You are being a cougar!"

"And would you believe that a rockstar your age flirted with me? Ohohoho!!!!" Hyori shared.

"Ew~ Yuck!" Hong Ki said. "I could not imagine you dating someone as old as me."

"I would never date him, mind you," Hyori said. "He is busy."

Their order came after thirty minutes. The pianist continued playing while they ate. Later, after Hong Ki finished with his steak, he saw Chae Rin getting near Geun Suk and handing him something.

"Oh! It's the rocker chic!" Hong Ki pointed at Chae Rin.

Hyori turned and saw Chae Rin, who turned to their direction and winked at Hong Ki.

"Your girlfriend?" Hyori asked.

"Ani. She and I just met the other night at the club," Hong Ki said. "She was the badass girl I told you about."

The Lee siblings saw the syndicate members getting near them.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Chae Rin greeted them.

"Annyeong?" Geun Suk greeted them.

"Annyeonghashimnikka?" Hong Ki stood as he greeted the pianist and gave a very, very deep bow.

"Annyeong?" Hyori said.

"Wow, it seems that you know each other," Geun Suk said to Hyori, faking the knowledge that Hong Ki was also an acquaintance.

"Ah, he is my brother," Hyori shared.

"Hyung, you know Chae Rin too?" Hong Ki asked Geun Suk.

"Ne, she is a distant cousin," the pianist lied, and Chae Rin nodded.

"Wow, the world is really small," Chae Rin said.

"And really strange," Hyori joined.

Hyori invited the two to eat with them, her treat. She kicked her brother's shin and winked at him. Hong Ki sighed in relief.

*****

Hyori invited Geun Suk and Chae Rin to their house. When the two came in, they were astounded because the house was really huge that it was like a manor. Hong Ki invited Chae Rin to the common room where they played video game.

Hyori invited Geun Suk to her lab. He looked all around and saw that it was fantastic, but he kept his eyes alert for the sign of the flash drive. Hyori showed him some of her inventions which she had shown in seminars and fairs.

"Do you have inventions regarding...uhm... you know," Geun Suk said, getting into y mode.

Hyori smiled at him and tousled his hair.

"I am not an inventor of such things, you know," she said to him. "My inventions are more on the worthwhile and wholesome side."

The suave pianist's eyes flickered.

"Ah, geurae? It seems I may not benefit anything from your inventions."

Hyori released her hands from his hair and chuckled.

"Oh, puh-lease! I am even too busy for that," she said. "I am a flirt, but I am not into commitment."

And so was he. Hyori showed him more of her inventions, and he feigned interest while searching for the flash drive. Later, he found it and snatched it without her knowledge. He faked a yawn, and she looked at him.

"It seems that my visitor is very tired," Hyori said.

"You bet I am," he replied.

The two of them went to the common room where the other two stayed. Geun Suk told Chae Rin that they needed to get going. Hong Ki pouted because he had a lot of fun playing video games with her.

"Mianhae," Chae Rin said to him.

The two syndicate members went their way, much to Hong Ki's disappointment.

"He's hot!" Hyori commented about Geun Suk.

"He looks like gay," Hong Ki commented.

"No, he is not," Hyori snapped, and told him that the pianist was looking for some y inventions.

"Bwahaha! I bet he will be using it with a gay lover!"

Hyori slapped him with a rolled-up newspaper out of nowhere.

"Ya! He's handsome, and he is definitely not gay!"

"Arasseo, arasseo!" Hong Ki replied spitefully as he nursed his painful head.

****

That night, as Hyori was delving through her bag, she noticed a device planted at her bag.

"Mwoya?" she asked.

When she examined it, it was a device for stalking. But who would be stalking her? Suddenly, she remembered inviting Geun Suk to her pad (the one she is in at the moment is her parents' house).

"Andwae! Andwae!" she thought, shaking her head.

The thought made her dizzy. If Geun Suk planned to stalk her, for what reason?

"My inventions!" she thought in paranoia.

She ran to her lab and went through all her inventions. To her dismay, the flash drive was nowhere to be found.

"ANDWAE!!!!!" she shouted.

Hong Ki, who had heard her sister's scream, dashed out of bed and out of the room, and into the lab.

"Noona, what happened?" he asked.

"My flash drive," she wailed. "It is gone!"

"Mwo?" Hong Ki asked. "The red one with the gray band?"

"Yes, that is it."

"Can you just buy another one?"

"I can't! That flash drive is extremely useful to me!"

Hong Ki paced.

"Who would do such a thing?" he asked.

Hyori looked at him sternly. "That person whom you called 'gay' probably did that."

"Mwo? Geun Suk-hyung? Wae?"

"Molla. All I know is that it must have something to do with the inventions," she said as she got her phone.

She handed a black device to her brother and told him to destroy it.

"Wae?"

"I think it was because of that device that I was being stalked," she said.

Hong Ki threw the device off the floor and stomped on it.

"Ya! Why did you do it inside the lab????" Hyori freaked out. "I do not want my lab floor dirty!"

"Mianhae, Noona," Hong Ki said, picking up the broken pieces.

As Hong Ki exited the lab, Hyori vowed that she'd find Geun Suk wherever in the world. She got her phone and dialed JYP's number. She talked with him, and he told her where Geun Suk resided.

"Wae?" he asked.

"Ah, nothing," she lied before hanging up.

After the call, she called Hong Ki, and they dressed up to go to the address given by JYP.

****

When they got there, the flat which Geun Suk said would be flooding was built on good foundation, meaning, it was impossible for flood water to get in the house.

"He's a liar," she hissed.

As she got in the front of the house, she peeped inside, and saw a family, consisting of a mother, a father, and three children.

"Are you sure this is the address?" Hong Ki asked.

Hyori nodded and knocked at the door. A little later, the young mother opened the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo? We would like to ask if there is someone here by the name of Jang Geun Suk?" Hyori asked.

"Jang Geun Suk?" the woman asked back. "Aniyo. We lived here in the flat for seven years, and we have no neighbor by that name."

Hyori and Hong Ki looked at each other before bowing and saying goodbye to the family.

"What is motive," Hong Ki asked. "For him to steal your invention?"

"Molla. I got the feeling that Chae Rin is into this too."

Hong Ki suddenly remembered Jae Jin telling him that Chae Rin might be their relative due to the surname fact.

"I'm gonna ask Jae Jin and the guys," Hong Ki said.

"Arasseo," Hyori said with a pale face."

 

~~~~