Yakuza

The Case Of The Secret

Flashback:

When T.O.P was still with Hong Ki, they received a call from an anonymous person, looking for the blueprint of the flash drive that would gain access to the files inside it. They had tried to open the flash drive, but it was so complicated that they had to kidnap the inventor as well. Since Hyori would not cooperate with them, they called Hong Ki up to bring the blueprint.

"Blueprint? What blueprint?" Hong Ki argued.

****

Hong Ki was already in Japan, looking for that house which T.O.P had written in that small scrap of paper. According to T.O.P, who understood Japanese, the Korean syndicate were smuggling their kidnap victim to the Yakuza, and according to the investigations made by Daesung, the Yakuza group was named Black Dragon (Kokuryuu 龍).

He roamed around the streets, trying to look for the address. He had passed beautiful houses, but none had matched the number in the paper.

"Aish! Where am I gonna find this?"

He felt his Swiss knife beeping, and when he got it, he got a beeper message from Taeyang, stating that Hong Ki is already near the premises.

"Ah, those old-fashioned vampires," he chuckled. "Beeper is no longer used, but they are giving me much more advanced information!"

He saw a takoyaki stand near the shrine, so he dragged his tired feet to buy some food.

"Aniki (Elder brother)," the bald and fat guy said to the other one with bushy beard and fierce eyes. "What will Ojou want for dinner?"

"Shirinai (I do not know)," the fierce-eyed man spoke.

"We will give her takoyaki for dinner," the fat man said.

His elder brother grabbed a rolled-up newspaper out of nowhere and whacked the fat man with it.

"Sumimasen (Sorry), Aniki...." the fat man sobbed.

The two men stopped their fight when they noticed a customer. Hong Ki was not that fluent in Japanese even if his parents had him and his Noona study Japanese.

"Konnichiwa," Hong Ki said. "Takoyaki wa ikura desu ka (How much is takoyaki)?"

The fierce-eyed man told him the price. Hong Ki bought takoyaki and suddenly missed the tteokbokki and the fish cakes he loved back home. He knew it was takoyaki because Jong Hun and Jae Jin were fond of making takoyaki and cooking.

"Tetsu! Minoru!" a woman spoke up cheerfully.

"Oj--...Itai!" the fat guy started to greet when the other guy whacked him again with the newspaper.

Hong Ki looked at the woman who came. She was wearing a very nerdy but formal teacher's uniform, but she did not look like a professional at all. She had two side ponytails like she was from kindergarten, and she was wearing dorky glasses.

"Yamaguchi-sensei," the fierce-eyed guy greeted. "Konnichiwa."

Yamaguchi-sensei went to the takoyaki stand and received the takoyaki from the men. Hong Ki greeted the teacher politely, knowing that the guys greeted her properly.

"O, Konnichiwa," Yamaguchi said. "I have never seen you around here."

"Ah, watashi wa Kankoku-jin desu (I am Korean)," Hong Ki said.

"Ah, demo, anata no Nippongo wa ii desu yo (ah, but your Japanese is good)," the fierce-eyed man replied.

"Hontou desu ka? Arigatou gozaimasu (Really? Thank you)," Hong Ki replied.

Yamaguchi-sensei introduced herself and her friends to Hong Ki.

"Just call me Yankumi," Yamaguchi said. "I am single and available. Yipee!"

*cricket sounds

*cat and dog chasing

*cricket sounds

Yankumi got embarrassed and smiled sourly. Then, she noticed Hong Ki's bag.

"Looks like you are in for some tour," she said.

Hong Ki fumbled through his pocket and grabbed the paper. He handed it to Yankumi, who read the paper.

"Eh????" she freaked out.

"Doo an (What happened)?" Tetsu, the fierce-eyed guy asked.

Then, Yankumi's cellphone rang, so she answered the call.

"Moshi moshi."

After a minute, she hang up.

"Oh, so you are the Korean person that T.O.P had sent to us," Yankumi said.

"T.O.P? You know him?" Hong Ki asked.

"Ee (Yes)," Yankumi said.

Yankumi accompanied Hong Ki to her ojiichan's house, leaving her henchmen to tend the store by the shrine.

****

The head of the house, Kuroda Ryuichiro, was very warm and accomodating. When Hong Ki saw the emblem adorning the wall, he gulped hard. He could not read Kanji, nor Hanja, but he had a feeling that he was in the house of someone awefully powerful. He began to shudder when he saw the katana by the wall.

The old man saw the scared eyes displayed by Hong Ki, so he told the young lad not to fear. They were Yakuza too, the Oedo clan, but they uphold justice.

The other Yakuza members all began talking, and they said that Yankumi was the fourth-generation who would be the leader soon.

"I don't want to be a leader of the clan," she said. "I want to be a teacher."

Hong Ki let out a smile.

"Ii desu ne (It's good, right?)," he said.

The old patriach asked Hong Ki what his purpose was, and Hong Ki said that his Noona-er--Ane ue (Elder sister)/Anechan had been abducted by Korean syndicates who had Yakuza connections.

"Ah, but we are sure we are not that one," Ojiichan (Grandpa) said.

"Ah, anio--er, iie...," Hong Ki replied with the slip of the tongue.

He told them it was the Kokuryuu holding hostage.

"Ah?" Yankumi asked. "But we thought we had been banished some time ago."

"But according to the T.O.P, they exist," Hong Ki said.

Ojiichan let Hong Ki stay at their house and helped him on how to get to the Kokuryuu's hideout. The Yakuza did all they can to assist him, and Hong Ki was very grateful because they were helpful.

 

~~~~