Geun Suk "Lures" Hyori...

The Case Of The Secret

Lee Hyori was in the hotel restaurant, tired of waiting for her date. She was sitting at the table and bored to death, and she did not want to order just anything just to kill her time. However, one person caught her attention.

The other person, the pianist, was looking at her intensely, as if she was the only person in the room.

The pianist was playing Moonriver, and the oldies swayed their heads as they reminisced the years gone by.

"Why is he looking at me? Do I know him?" she asked.

Hyori was a scientist, and she had held conferences and seminars too regarding electricity, matter, computers and all those stuff. Perhaps, he had attended one of her seminars. Forgive me, for I am not a scientist.

After playing the piano, Geun Suk stood up and stepped down to go to her table.

"Agasshineun oerowoyo (Are you lonely, Miss)?" he suavely asked.

Hyori looked at the younger man staring at her.

"Aniyo. I am waiting for my date," she said. "I am not lonely but way tooooo bored..."

"Mianhae..." a voice came up.

Hyori looked up to see her date, Kim Hyun Joong. He smiled at her apologetically.

"I am sorry for being..."

*PAK!

Hyun Joong held his cheeks. That was quite a slap!

"Do you think it is kinda rude that a guy had to let a girl wait for, like, one hour????"

"M...mianhae... I was late coz I bought something and..."

"We're through!" Hyori shouted.

The people inside the restaurant were shocked at the commotion, and much more shocked when the scientist pulled Geun Suk away, leaving Hyun Joong at the spot.

****

"Noona...please..." Hyun Joong finally said as he followed them outside the restaurant.

"Huh! I don't know why I was being patient with you for the last two years! You had always been late, and you never kept your promises!"

"But Noona..."

Hyori hissed at him as she dragged the pianist away.

"Agasshi, I..." the pianist finally blurted out.

"Mwo!" Hyori shouted.

"Geuge... you dragged me out and... I am still on duty at the piano," Geun Suk said.

"No worries," she said. "I'll explain to your manager."

Hyun Joong looked at the pair hopelessly as the two went away.

*****

Hyori was in no mood to get back to the restaurant, so she took the pianist to the restobar.

"Ireumi mwoya?" Hyori asked.

"Jang Geun Suk-iyeyo," he answered.

"Lee Hyori-yeyo," she introduced herself. "Cheoeum boepgetseumnida. Bangawoyo."

"Bangapseumnida, Hyori-ssi," Geun Suk said.

Hyori asked. "Myeot sal?"

He told her that he was 25, so she told him to call her Noona. Geun Suk smirked when she told him that she preferred the company of younger guys even though they can be immature.

"Waeyo?" he asked.

"I don't know, there must be something in younger guys that I like," Hyori said. "Like I like Hyun Joong. But I get tired of him because he was always late for our dates."

She told him to order anything, it was on her. She even asked for his manager's name so she could ask permission from him. And when she knew that his manager was Park Jin Young, she smirked and told him that they were close friends.

"No problem," she said.

He ordered food just as she made a call to Jin Young, stating that she stole his pianist for a while. Jin Young was shocked yet happy at the same time because she was reliable, so he let her borrow Geun Suk for a bit. And Jin Young liked the idea because he had been wanting to play the piano too.

"Settled," she told Geun Suk afterwards.

Geun Suk also ordered food for his noona.

"Any drinks?" he asked her.

"No, just water," she said. "I am vegetarian now."

The bartender erased his entry as Geun Suk told him to forget his order. Hyori pitched in and told the bartender of her choice of food in the menu. After reading back their order, the bartender went his way. Hyori liked the place because even if it was a bar, a restobar, it was a no-smoking area, and she hated how smoke can make her cough now that she's vegetarian.

"So, vegetarians do not drink?" Geun Suk .

"Ani. Not even alcohol-based products," she said. "I am detoxified and all, and I am allergic to alcohol."

They talked of many things, including her work as a scientist. However, she made no mention of her secret experiments because it was her trade secret. Even to her close friends, to Jin Young, she did not reveal them.

Later, Geun Suk got a bit tipsy with the tequila that he had ordered, so Hyori offered to take him home.

"Aniyo, Noona, please take me back to the hotel," he said. "My things are there."

Hyori bit her lips. If Jin Young would find him in this state, she is so dead.

"No worries, Noona," he slurred. "I'm fine."

"Just get back to the hotel, and I'll bring you home."

Hyori did as she planned. She brought him  back to the hotel, and she offered him a ride home. But just as she was about to reach her pad, the rain suddenly poured heavily.

"Eotteohke? My place floods at a time like this!" Geun Suk wailed.

Hyori could not imagine how someone with decent living could live in a flooded house. 

"Just stay at my place for tonight," she offered.

Geun Suk did not argue, so she allowed him to be in her place. She had him stay in the guest's bedroom for the night.

"Should you need anything else, just knock at my door," she said before closing the door behind her.

As the door was closed, Geun Suk got his phone and smirked.

It was a lie that his house was flooded.

It was a lie that he was tipsy.

It was a lie...though not really, that he was a pianist.

He dialed a number, then waited for the other person to pick up.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Chae Rin-ah, I got in," he told her.

"Good," Lee Chae Rin said over the next line. "I am sure the boss will be thrilled."

"I got her confidence in me, and I want her to tour me to her laboratory the next few days," he whispered.

"Jinjja? That is gonna be a good one," Chae Rin said.

After hanging up, Geun Suk smirked.

"Noona, I want to see the wonders that your secret experiment will bring," he thought. "Money, money, money..."

 

~~~~