Chae Rin "Lures" Hong Ki

The Case Of The Secret

Hong Ki and his friends were hanging out in a bar that night, drinking booze and partying.

"You and your Noona are totally different, Hong Ki-ya," Jonghun said.

"Yeah," Jae Jin said. "You are a party animal, she's the saucy yet health-conscious type."

Seung Hyun and Min Hwan nodded in unison.

"Aish, you guys, Noona is just like that," Hong Ki said. "She is already 30 something."

"But that does not give you the excuse that you can abuse your health just because you are 22."

"Noona had been into that stage, all right?" Hong Ki said. "Let me enjoy mine."

The guys were not able to argue because they were enjoying themselves too. They even listened to a live band, and Hong Ki's attention was fixed on the female vocalist. The vocalist had a badass attitude on stage, and she was y on the tomboyish side, edgy and unlike the usual cutesy girls in the music industry. She was also obviously having fun flirting with the bassist, who was the boyfriend of the rhythm guitarist.

"Whoa! She is daebak!" Hong Ki said.

"Don't start to like her, Hong Ki-ya," Jong Hun said. "You might be relatives."

"Wae?" Hong Ki asked.

"I heard her family name is also Lee," Jae Jin said. "Just like the two of us."

"There are so many Lees in Korea, goodness," Hong Ki said.

Hong Ki had a Jeremy smile on his face (minus the Jolie dog) as he watched the female rockstar on stage.

 

Now that I know what I'm without

You can't just leave me

Breathe into me and make me real

Bring me to life...

 

"See? See? She is amazing!" Hong Ki squealed like a puppy.

"You remind me of Jeremy in 'Minami Shineyo', you know," Seung Hyun said.

"Grrrr...." Hong Ki growled like a dog.

After the song, the vocalist did some high fives with the lead guitarist before coming down the stage. Hong Ki went to her and gave her a glass of beer.

"I don't drink," the vocalist said.

"Oh, come on, please?" Hong Ki begged.

"I mean, like, I drink, but not now," the vocalist said. "I still have three songs to my neck."

Hong Ki smirked and handed out his hand.

"Lee Hong Ki-yeyo," he said.

The vocalist held his hand for a handshake. "Lee Chae Rin-imnida."

"Wow, it really IS true! We could be relatives," Hong Ki said.

Chae Rin instructed the lead vocalist to cover for her and do some solo. She went with him to his friends' table and was introduced to his friends.

"Ya, ya, I gotta go," Jae Jin said.

"Me too," Min Hwan, Jong Hun, and Seung Hyun said in unison.

"It's nice meeting you, but I really have to go," Jong Hun said to Chae Rin.

The four guys left Hong Ki and Chae Rin to be by themselves.

"Ya...!" Hong Ki shouted, but Jong Hun winked at him. "Aish..."

Chae Rin smiled at the embarrassed Hong Ki.

"Your friends are really supportive," she said.

Hong Ki frowned like a golden retriever, and Chae Rin laughed. Soon, they were talking about many things like birthdays and blood types. Little did they know that the bassist, the boyfriend of the rhythm guitarist, was jealous. The rhythm guitarist looked at her boyfriend and knitted her eyebrows in anger. However, she just could not end the show just because she was angry at her boyfriend for getting jealous at Hong Ki. Complicated.

"I have heard that your Noona is a scientist," Chae Rin said.

"Ah ne!"

And so, Hong Ki elaborated all the achievements that Hyori had made for herself, but he never made mention of her secret inventions. Why not? He never knew, of course.

"Oppa, how about some experiments?" Chae Rin pressed on. She was calling him Oppa because he was older.

"Ah that? Molla. Noona never shared to me some of her formulae either," he said.

Chae Rin pursed her lips. He was a bit drunk, but he could not give her important details about the secret experiments.

"By the way, Noona will speak on a seminar tomorrow," Hong Ki said. "Wanna come?"

Chae Rin perked up.

"Ye!"

So, both of them exchanged numbers, and he told her where and what time the seminar will be. It will be in the hotel where Geun Suk was pianist. After bidding each other goodbye, Chae Rin received a call from Geun Suk. He was telling her that he had infiltrated the apartment of the scientist. Chae Rin also shared that the scientist will be having a seminar the next day at nine in the morning at the hotel where he's pianist. When they hung up, Chae Rin smiled.

"When the experiments will be in our hands, we will use it to our advantage," she smirked. "And our organization will take over the world."

 

~~~~