23:52:38 05-11-2022

01:59:59 06-11-2022
Please log in to read the full chapter

“!” Jessica swore as she tried to navigate the slippery roads of Brooklyn. Her Toyota 4Runner, the very one she had traded in her precious BMW Z4 for when both Tiffany and her agreed they needed a more family-oriented car, slid a tiny bit then regained traction again as the snow began to come down harder.

 

It was madness. It was reckless. But Jessica was anything but cautious when it came to anything to do with Tiffany, and she wasn’t about to start now.

 

She was on her way to pick up Kyungsan. She didn’t give a flying rat’s about it being 11:52:38 PM on a Saturday night. She needed to get her son back and then she would go get her wife back. She loved her son and wife more than anything else and Jung Jessica didn’t know the goddamned definition of ‘quitting’, especially when it came to the love of her life. Solely when it came to the love of her life. The one she had fallen so insanely in love with some nine and a half years ago.

 

Jessica’s SUV slid into a parking spot that definitely was not a parking spot but she could care less at this point. Her years of New York City driving meant she had picked up the ability to park in even the tightest of crevices. She ran up the steps of…

 

“!!!”

 

Which goddamned unit was it?! 403? 405? 407? She knew it was 40-something! it! Jessica cupped her bare hands to , in her haste she had forgotten to bring her gloves but it didn’t matter now! Frostbite be damned!

 

“Kyungsan-ah! Kyungsannie! Kyungsannnnn!!!!” She screamed while running up and down the block, hoping her son would hear her. Jessica Jung screamed like a mad woman for seven minutes and twenty-two seconds when…

 

“Mom?”

 

She whipped around like the madwoman she was.

 

405!

 

Running up the stairs to the red brick unit she grabbed her son and hugged him to her tight. She couldn’t remember the last time she had held him like this, really held him rather than just a distracted loose-armed affair before she rushed off again to god knows where.

 

“Umm…Jessica?”

 

The blonde looked up into the concerned eyes of a woman she had seen many times before but never really took the effort to know. Her son’s best friend’s mom. She couldn’t even recall the woman’s goddamned name for s sake!”

 

“Hi! Hi! Uhhh

Please log in to read the full chapter