01:53:06 06-11-2022

01:59:59 06-11-2022
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica pulled up at a 24 hour diner that Tiffany had mentioned as a one off a couple weeks ago. The younger woman had wanted to have Connie take Kyungsan for a night and for the two of them to have a late night date at this diner to commemorate how they had met. It was done in the old diner style, complete with neon sign, candy-apple-red cheap plush plastic-covered booths, black and white linoleum flooring, wide cream-coloured cone-shaped light fixtures, and a long white front counter with more candy-apple-red plush bar-seating. Basically the exact replica of that diner in the middle of godforsaken nowhere where she had met the love of her life.

 

Over nine and a half years ago.

 

Jessica unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car, holding the door for her son as he got out as well. Together, mother, son, and cat crossed the street and entered Geller’s, hoping to end the night more together as a family than they had been in a long time.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Tiffany spun around on her bar chair, her suitcase next to her. She didn’t actually have a friend to stay with. Rather she would pick Kyungsan up tomorrow and they would head to a hotel instead.

 

She had been here for hours but couldn’t bring herself to leave. It reminded her so much of so many things. Good things. Terrible things. But all things to do with a crazy, insane woman (who mind you had been brunette at the time) she had fallen in love with in every single way possible.

 

But despite it all, she really couldn’t remember the last time Jessica had even kissed her, really kissed her. Not a glancing goodbye kiss before she left for work and came home in the wee hours of the night. No. Kissed her like she couldn’t bear to breathe anything else that wasn’t Tiffany. Kissed her like a parched soul at an oasis in the middle

Please log in to read the full chapter