Chapter 6

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After having their dinner at the restaurant near the beach, Minjeong and Jimin then returned to Seoul. They reached Jimin's apartment building area late at night. As usual, Minjeong helped Jimin to take off her helmet and jacket.

 

"Just keep this jacket with you," Minjeong said. "You sure?" Jimin asked. “Yeah, it's mine. I will buy you a new one later. You like the color blue, don't you?," Minjeong replied.

 

“Yes. Ermm.. can I keep this helmet too?,” she asked. “Oh, not this helmet. I bought this for NingNing. Sometimes she asked me to send her to her workplace whenever she woke up late. I will buy you a new one, okay? A new complete set with blue color,” Minjeong said.

 

“I’m jealous of NingNing,” Jimin suddenly blurted. “Huh? Why?,” Minjeong asked. “She can ride a motorbike with you anytime she wants. I have to wait a month to ride with you again,” she replied with a pout.

 

Minjeong smiled hearing Jimin's words. "You don't have to be jealous of her. She only rides the motorbike with me once in a while, in times of emergency," she said. "How about we go on vacation when you come back later? We can go to a vacation spot near the beach, like in Busan? You can invite Aeri too. I'll invite Somi to join us," Minjeong suggested.

 

"I like your idea. It sounds fun. I can't wait to spend time with you again," Jimin replied excitedly.

 

"Yeah, me too," Minjeong said. "Alright, I have to go now. Get some good rest, okay?," Minjeong said as she moved towards Jimin and hugged her.

 

"Okay. Thanks for spending time with me today," Jimin replied. "Thanks to you too!," Minjeong said as she pulled off the hug.

 

"No goodnight kiss?," Jimin suddenly asked. "Huh? Oh, sorry!," Minjeong apologized as she moved back towards Jimin to hug her once again, and gave her a goodnight kiss.

 

"I'm going to miss you for a month," she said sadly.

 

"I'm going to miss you too. You can just video call me anytime, okay?," Minjeong replied.

 

"You don't want to drop me off at the airport on Monday?," Jimin asked again. "Can I do that?," Minjeong asked Jimin back. "Of course you can! All this time it was Aeri who sent me to the airport," Jimin replied. "I thought you would be picked up in a company vehicle," Minjeong said. "No, dear. We have to go to the airport by ourselves," Jimin explained.

 

"Okay. What time should I pick you up later?," Minjeong asked. "Five in the morning. I have to be at the airport four hours before the first flight at nine in the morning," Jimin informed. "Okay. I'll pick you up at five in the morning," Minjeong replied.

 

"Are you okay getting up early to take me to the airport?," Jimin asked with concern. "I'm okay. I'm used to waking up early since I started working at the restaurant. Sometimes, I have to get up early, and go to the restaurant to check the stock of raw supplies. I have to make sure the stock is all fresh," Minjeong replied.

 

"I see. Alright then. See you later," Jimin said as she gave Minjeong one last hug. "Okay," Minjeong replied.

 

The two pulled off the hug, and Minjeong then headed towards her motorbike, and put on her helmet.

 

"Ride carefully, okay?" Jimin reminds her. Minjeong showed an 'OK' sign, and started the motorbike engine. "Bye!," Jimin waved at Minjeong as she watched her start to ride her motorbike, slowly leaving her apartment building area until she disappeared from her sight.

 

"How am I going to leave you for a month? You just leave me for seconds, but I've already missed you," Jimin mumbles to herself. With a heavy heart, she dragged her feet to walk towards her apartment building.

 

______

 

Time passess quickly, and Sunday goes by so fast. Jimin decided to fill her Sunday by going out to lunch with Aeri at the nearby restaurant first, and then visiting her family one last time before she went back to work on Monday.

 

Meanwhile Minjeong has to go home to visit her parents every Sunday as usual. She then goes back to her apartment on that evening. As promised, Minjeong made a video call with Jimin after she arrived home. They then spend their time talking on the phone for hours before they will be busy with their respective lives again.

 

______

 

Monday morning, 4.30 am

 

Minjeong was startled by the sound of the alarm from her phone, and she slowly got up as her hand reached for her phone. She quickly turned off the alarm, and immediately got up from her bed heading to the bathroom. After getting ready in simple clothes, a pair of hoodies and sweatpants, she then grabbed her pouch and car keys before she left her apartment.

 

As soon as she arrived in front of Jimin's apartment building, she saw Jimin was waiting for her, fully dressed in a light brown flight attendant uniform with a black colored handbag, and also her blue colored luggage.

 

"Oh my God! She looks so gorgeous in her uniform, and it suits her so well," Minjeong said while looking at her in awe. She immediately got out of the car, and walked towards her beloved girlfriend who was waiting for her.

 

"Good morning, babe!," Jimin greeted Minjeong with a wide smile while opening her arms. Minjeong walked towards Jimin and immediately hugged her.

 

"Good morning, gorgeous!," Minjeong greeted her back. Jimin was about to lean forward to kiss her when suddenly Minjeong stopped her.

 

"Why?," Jimin asked as she frowned. "Your lipstick and makeup will smudge later," Minjeong replied. "Don't worry, babe. It’s a smudge-proof lipstick and makeup," Jimin said. “I see,” Minjeong replied, and leaned forward to peck on her lips. “That’s all?,” Jimin asked in frustration. “We will continue later. Let’s get inside the car, okay?,” Minjeong replied while grabbing Jimin’s luggage and putting it inside the car’s trunk.

 

Jimin was still standing beside the car while crossing her arms, sulking. Minjeong just chuckled at her girlfriend’s childish act.

 

“Babe, let’s get inside the car, okay? It’s cold outside here,” Minjeong said while opening the car’s door for her. Jimin just sighed, and got into the car. After closing the car's door on the passenger side, she then rushed to the driver's side.

 

After getting into the car, she looked at Jimin who was still silent, and not wearing a seat belt. Minjeong just smiled, and being a sweet and considerate lover, she then pulled the seat belt, and put it on for Jimin. She then cupped her face, and kissed her sulking girlfriend's lips.

 

"We're leaving now, okay?," Minjeong said as soon as she broke the kiss, and put on her seat belt. “Okay,” Jimin replied as she smiled. Minjeong then started driving her car out of the apartment area towards the airport.

 

______

 

"Okay, we're here," Minjeong said as soon as she parked the car in the airport parking lot. Jimin sighed, and with a heavy heart, she started to unbuckle her seat belt, but was stopped by Minjeong's hand. "Let me do it," Minjeong said as she helped Jimin to open it.

 

"Minjeong," Jimin called her.

 

"Yes?" Minjeong immediately answered. Jimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter