Chapter 1

Paris in The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One evening at a cafe in Gangnam, Seoul

 

"Listen, Minjeong.. I.. I think we.. we need to break up..," a guy named Jaehyun nervously said as he stuttered.

 

"Why? Because I can't give what your new girlfriend can give you? Money and her filthy body..," a girl named Minjeong replied, but then immediately stopped by Jaehyun.

 

"Stop it, Minjeong! I came here not to hear you bad mouthing about her. She's a good girl. She's always by my side whenever I need an attention that you couldn't give me all this while!," Jaehyun snapped at her . Minjeong just laughed at him bitterly.

 

"Oh, yeah? I didn't give you enough attention? How old are you? Five years old kindergarten kid?," Minjeong sarcastically replied.

 

"See? This is why I can't have a decent talk with you. You always put the blame on me, when you yourself should be blamed for not taking our relationship seriously!," he snapped again.

 

"I'm the one who's not serious with you? Listen here carefully, Mr. Jeong Jaehyun. You're the one who said you've been busy all this time, and want to focus on your company and music career. And, when that rich suddenly appears in your life, and wants to be a sponsor for your company and your music band, you eventually keep forgetting about me. And, you're the one who said I didn't pay attention to you? What kind of joke are you talking about?," she snapped at him back.

 

Both of them fell into silence for a moment. Jaehyun then took a deep breath, and was about to counter back when Minjeong suddenly got up from her seat.

 

"Alright. You want us to break up, right? Fine! I will give you what you want!," she snapped and then immediately took her handbag, and walked out of the cafe furiously, leaving Jaehyun who was dumbfounded as he watched Minjeong walk away.

 

"Damn you, Jaehyun! ! Arghhh!!!," Minjeong screamed her heart out in anger, causing people who were passing by the sidewalk near the cafe to be surprised as they looked at her. She didn't care about the people around her, and continued walking towards where she parked her motorbike earlier.

 

She immediately put on her helmet, and started her motorbike engine before she left the cafe with frustrated and angry feelings. She sped her motorbike as fast as she could, heading to an unknown destination.

 

______

 

Meanwhile, in an apartment in Apgujeong, Seoul

 

"Just think about it, babe. I don't want to force you to apply for it. I just want you to be near me, and we can live together in the town where I'm living now," Yeji's voice keeps on playing in her mind while she's staring at a piece of paper that was lying on the coffee table. The paper is the visa application form to stay in Switzerland.

 

While she was engrossed in her thoughts, she was suddenly greeted by her housemate.

 

"Have you thought about it?," asked her housemate named Aeri, causing the girl to be startled. The girl then slowly shook her head while sighing.

 

"Part of me wants to leave everything here and just follow her, but I have my family here, Aeri. I can't leave them just like that. Besides, I've been working with Koreana Airlines for five years. All of the staff there are like my second family to me," she replied. Aeri then walked towards the couch and sat next to her housemate who was in a dilemma because of her girlfriend.

 

"She loves you, Jimin, and I know you love her too. Either way both of you need to sacrifice for the sake of your love," Aeri said, giving her thoughts.

 

The girl named Jimin then sighed softly for the umpteenth time, feeling stuck in finding the answer to make the most important decision in her life, and for her future.

 

"Yes, I know that, Aeri. My mind is tangled in a mess right now," Jimin said as she quickly got up from the sofa, heading to her room. After a few minutes, she came out wearing a hoodie and carrying her handbag while taking her car keys.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter