Chapter 6

Seven Date nights

Roseanne was laughing when they reached Jennie's studio. The latter was, as usual, annoyed and grumbling, so the laughter coming out from the blonde's mouth was like a dagger being stabbed repeatedly into her poor ears.

"Come on, I was joking."

"Yeah right." Jennie scoffed, putting away the empty box in her hands.
Roseanne helped her clean up before the tiny girl unexpectedly pinch her on her arm.

"Aw. What was that for?"

"For existing," Jennie told her, ready to step off Roseanne's car when a soft hand stopped her. "What?"

"You forgot something, Jenbear. "

"No, I didn't," she says, looking down to double-check her stuff.
Roseanne ignored that and leaned forward to retrieve something from the backseat.

"Here." she excitedly announced, holding up a bouquet of roses to Jennie's face.

"The hell am I gonna do with this?" the brunette frowned.

Roseanne placed the roses on Jennie's tiny hands and then looked up to smile at her. "Accept it." then she pouted her lips before adding, "Please?"

Jennie rolled her eyes. "Fine. Just to end this conversation."

The blonde's face lit up in joy, mentally doing a celebratory dance and high-fiving herself in her mind. Today's her lucky day, it seems. Jennie's extra nice today. She's accepting flowers voluntarily.

"Thank you, princess," she exclaimed, watching the love of her life walk out of her car. "Have a nice day! And don't forget, I'm coming back to fetch you later for our date."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Jennie says, gently closing the door behind her.

Roseanne rolled the windows down for a quick second to smile at Jennie and wave her goodbye. Jennie glanced back, although she just gave her a teeny tiny smile before turning her back on her and hurriedly entering her studio.

"I have the perfect date plan for today"

Roseanne
Yo
Lalisa
Can I ask for a favor

Lalisa
What is it
Make it faster cause I'm in the middle of something

Roseanne
Well, I just want to ask if I can borrow your truck tonight.
Don't worry I won't scratch it, I won't dent it, And I most definitely won't have on it

Lalisa
Ew

Roseanne
I mean it

Lalisa
Why do you even want to borrow it?
Don't you have your car?

Roseanne
Yeah, but we don't go stargazing with a Benz that's not romantic

Lalisa
What?

Roseanne
Okay
I'm planning to take Jennie on a picnic later for our date
Then we'd go stargazing after
And I figured your truck would be a nice touch for it to look more romantic
you know, after I throw some blankets and pillows at the back

Lalisa
Oh, that does sound Romantic
Why didn't I think of doing that to my baby 🤔

Roseanne
You're welcome for the idea
Soooo
Can I borrow it?

Lalisa
Yeah sure

Roseanne
YES!
Thank you, Lisa

Lalisa
Just return it early tomorrow
I have a delivery

Roseanne
Sure thing

Roseanne smiled, thinking about all ways to charm the love of her life, Just thinking about her giving ecstasy but also pain, she decided to shrug off the latter, All she has is to just hope. And let the time speaks.

Thinking of the brunette, her mobile pinged with an update notification, She immediately dropped whatever work she had and focused on the mobile.

@rubyjane
This is so frustrating

@cypark
I know you miss me, pumpkin pie

@rubyjane
😐

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Rosie
Miss you already princess.
:(
Are you not done yet?

Rubyjane
This is the third time you asked that, Roseanne

Rosie
And??

Rubyjane
And my answer will remain the same
NOT YET

Rosie
Why :((
Can't you continue tha tomorrow
I really want to see you now, Jenbear
Pls?

Rubyjane
No
Why are you being so clingy

Rosie
Because I miss you

Rubyjane
We literally just saw each other 6 hours ago

Rosie
Exactly

Ruby Jane
Ugh don't you have a job or something

Rosie
Yes but I'm already done

Ruby Jane
Do something else then
I'm busy

Rosie
Can I go to your studio and watch you work
I'll bring food

Ruby Jane
No

Rosie
Pls

Ruby Jane
We are gonna see each other later tonight, Roseanne
I don't wanna see your annoying face the whole day

Rosie
Why

Ruby Jane
Coz, I don't want to

Jennie suddenly heard a good knock on her front door, she wondered who was it because no one tends to interrupt her work hours except one human being in the world.

And she is standing right in front of her when Jennie opened the door. Roseanne pouted looking down at the brunette, Jennie groaned and rolled her eyes, throwing her head back. She was about to close the door but Roseanne caught it.

"What's with the long face, baby bear?" Roseanne pondered over, being strong enough she pushed the door wide open, but Jennie protested and tried to close the door with her whole body's strength Roseanne stood still, watching Jennie trying so hard even though Jennie herself knows she can't win.

"Why are you here?" Jennie stopped and glared at her. Internally rolling her eyes at Roseanne's grin.

"You know why" Roseanne showed her bag of snacks which is quite bigger than usual. Jennie did a double glance at the bag and Roseanne before reluctantly letting her in.

"Thanks for letting me in"

"You forced me" Jennie took the chisel and lightly pointed it at Roseanne's chest. "Sit where you always do, and zip your mouth shut"

"" Roseanne smiled, raised her hands in surrender, doing a zipping motion on her lips, and took a seat on the stool next to Jennie.

"You usually sit on the bean bag"

"Then How I suppose to feed you?" She popped open a bag of gummy bears which is Jennie's favorite snack so far of all the snacks Roseanne feeds her.

Roseanne held the jelly to Jennie's mouth, Jennie looked incredulously at the latter before taking a bite and also biting the blonde's finger. Roseanne took her hand back and winced.

Roseanne pouted but Jennie didn't mind it even a bit and started continuing her work. So it seems like Jennie settled with craving a statue of an angel, which she never did before. Compared to her previous works which consist of Victorian-time peoples and goddesses.

This is quite new for her.

"Pssst" Roseanne whispered getting close to her and basically breathing the words in her ear, Jennie clicked her tongue and shrugged her off, "You look so pretty, working there Jenbear, so hot"

"Why are you whispering?" Jennie barked those words, twice the volume of Roseanne's voice, The blonde leaned again and whispered again.

"You told me not to talk to you because you were busy working, and I'm just doing what my princess ordered me"

"Tsk, annoying" Jennie crumbled but opened and let Roseanne feed her.

"And you are Annoyingly cute, baby bear" Roseanne whispered "I will not disturb you while you work because you are really into it"

"Yeah yeah, whatever" Jennie mumbled, mouth full before taking a sip from her iced coffee, "Mmm"

"What?"

"How did you know my Starbucks order?"

"Seriously?" Roseanne raised her brow.

"Yeah, it's a difficult one, Jisoo unnie always misses something when we order"

"It's stored in my mind, A Venti iced coffee with extra caramel drizzle, extra heavy cream, 2 pumps of vanilla and caramel syrup" Roseanne repeated her drink's order. "I won't do anything from your lists of dislikes"

Jennie gulped, her heart warmed at that. She shouldn't be feeling things for this girl who is nothing but annoying, Not gonna lie when Jennie first saw Roseanne she had a little crush on her, But Roseanne always being sweet and cute irritated her, and Jennie started to hate her on purpose, she created reasons which she forgot why she did it in the first place.

Looking at her now, Jennie can feel the unknown hate vanishing and all she can feel is warmth and butterflies. She snapped out of her thoughts when her fingers snapped right in front of her face.

"I know I'm charming, if you want I will allow you to stare at me all day"

"As if I want to, you are not inspiring as you think"

Roseanne pouted, resting her chin on Jennie's shoulder "Do you want me to do modeling for you to find me inspiring?"

Jennie flushed at that, as an artist she don't mind seeing models but Seeing Roseanne as one turned her whole body red, her chest is hammering at that thought.

"I-"

"Oh, It's 6 already. Date night, let's go let's go let's go" Roseanne squealed, rushing Jennie to pack up.

"Oookay" Jennie smiled, moving to the bathroom to get ready, For once she is not annoyed to go for the date.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jennie pouted on her way out of the studio " I didn't even finish my work"

Roseanne looked at her before wrapping her lean arm around her neck, softly pinching her chubby cheek with her fingers to try and cheer her up. "Hey, don't be sad, princess. You know, there's still tomorrow. Maybe by then, you'll finally finish your work of art."

"You mean work of crap."

"Now, don't say that."

Jennie rolled her eyes, then realizing their current position, she slightly nudged Roseanne with her elbow. "Get off me, you er."

"No," she said, tightening her hold on the brunette, but still enough to let her breathe.

Jennie just let her do it. There's no point in arguing anyway since she knew Roseanne wouldn't listen to her either way. Besides, it's not like it's making her feel uncomfortable or what—if anything, it kinda grew to her already: Roseanne being clingy and everything. She doesn't know but there's a certain warmth in her that Jennie secretly likes. Something that makes her feel safe and warm.

"Just because I'm letting you do this doesn't mean I stopped hating you, Roseanne. Cause I still do. Don't forget that." Jennie reminded her as they continued to walk their way towards Roseanne's car—the latter's arm still wrapped around her.

Roseanne laughed. "Tattooed on my mind, baby girl," she said, ruffling Jennie's hair.

Jennie shot her a glare. "Don't do that."

"I won't. Sorry." Roseanne grinned, poking Jennie's cheek instead.

It didn't take long before they finally reached the blonde's car, only for Jennie to realize it wasn't Roseanne's Mercedes Benz waiting for them, but rather a very familiar vehicle that made Jennie a bit confused. "Uh, why is Lisa's truck in here?"

"I borrowed it," Roseanne answered nonchalantly.

"What for?"

"For our date," she added, wiggling her eyebrows at the frowning girl.
Roseanne opened the door for her before she entered the driver's seat as well.

"So we're delivering flowers on our date?"

"Not really." Roseanne chuckled softly, starting the engine of the truck.

"Then where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "You're so dramatic."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jennie gasped at the setup Roseanne did at the back of the truck. A long white Mattress was covered to smooth the rough surface of the truck's bed floor, and some baby pink big pillows are thrown at the rear panel with some extra blankets.

Roseanne immediately jumped inside and leaned on the rear panel, opening the arms for Jennie, The latter raised her brows looking cynically. Roseanne tapped the space in between her legs and gestured to Jennie toward her. "Come on, babydoll. Don't want you to get cold"

"I don't want to sit with you" Jennie grumbled and sat a step before Roseanne, Roseanne held a sad expression looking at Jennie with a pout, and Jennie just rolled her eyes and covered herself with the blanket.

Roseanne jumped from the truck sideways, startling the brunette. "Want something to drink?"

"Hot Chocolate would be nice" Roseanne squeezed Jennie's knee before going over down the hill where a coffee truck is parked.

A few moments later, Roseanne's phone rang, Jennie, took it and answered the call since it was her sister.

"Rosie?"

"Hi, unnie"

"Jennie, what are you doing with Roseanne's mobile?"

"Talking to you obviously" Jennie chuckled.

"Where is she?"

"She went to buy something to drink"

"Oh" Jisoo sounded defeated at talking with her.

"Anything you want to say?"

"Nothing, just tell her it's important"

"Why, what is it?" She questioned curiously

"Uh, it's nothing"

"You just said it's important"

"Well, it's just something between the two of us, not really that big of a deal"

"Then tell me" Jennie sounds frustrated, that her sister and Roseanne hiding something from her. "I'll just tell her later when she returns so you wouldn't have to wait for her response"

"No, baby it's fine. enjoy your date" Jennie can see the tight-lipped smile from her sister from that. Making Jennie annoyed more.

"Tsk, Fine don't tell me, I don't care anyways" Jennie cut the call and threw the phone on the pillow baffled.

Roseanne came back with two cups of hot chocolate one with extra cream, and she passed the creamy one to Jennie, Roseanne smiled but Jennie just looked away avoiding her gaze, Roseanne got alarmed and moved towards her in the middle of her truck. A cold breeze washed over them making Jennie herself tight, She is not wearing a long coat, unlike Roseanne.

"What are you hiding from me Roseanne park" Roseanne was caught off guard by the outburst, Jennie had a hurt expression is doing a bad thing to her heart.

"Baby, what are you talking about?"

"Why are you asking me? Ask Jisoo unnie" Jennie grumbled and crossed her arms grumpily.

Roseanne took her phone and sent a text to the said person who caused this misconception.

Rosé
What the hell did you tell my jenbear, Jisooni?😭

Chu unnie
I thought she didn't care huh

"I DON'T" Jennie yelled after looking at the text.

"I will call her, okay?" Roseanne smiled and ruffled her hair before getting out of the truck.

"Why can't she do it here" Jennie mumbled, it was not long before Roseanne came back and she gave the brunette a shrug.

"You are dead to me, Roseanne"

"Noooo, I'm telling you, I'm telling you, I'm telling you, I'm telling you" Roseanne whined, Jennie just looked at her skeptically asking her to continue.

"Not much of a big deal baby, she just asked to pick her up since Lisa is unavailable"

"Unbelievable" Jennie scoffed, but Roseanne just jumped at the back and pulled her into her embrace, the position she insisted on when they
arrived. That is enough to shush the grumpy kitty.

Chu unnie
What did you tell her

Rosé
Nothing I said I will pick you up later

Chu unnie
And she believes it

Rosé
No, but I distracted her with my charm, so it's all good

Chu unnie
You don't have that

Rosé
Don't lie
You love that on me
You and your sister.

Chu unnie
I'm throwing up

Rosé
Uh-huh

Chu unnie
Anyways
I guess you'd be driving me towards my office then
Since you told my Lil sis that excuse

Rosé
Do I really have to?

Chu unnie
Yes
Lisa is already asleep
So I don't have an Uber driver available for tonight 😙

Rosé
You tire her too much

Chu unnie
Not my fault she is a weakling

Rosé
OMG

Chu unnie
I said what I said

Rosé
I'm sending her this

Chu unnie
Go on
No one is stopping you

Park-Kim-manoban family

Roseanne
Another reason to shame lalisa

Jisoo
Her being good in bed makes up for it, so no shaming my girlfriend

Roseanne
Too late

Roseanne looked up from her phone when Jennie shuffled, nuzzling closer into Roseanne's embrace. Roseanne put the phone down and grabbed her long coat covering both of them in a warm hug.

Jennie was trying to get a pic of the sky, head thrown back on Roseanne's shoulder. Biting her lower lip and focusing fully on the night sky filled her clusters of stars glowing in the landscape from the top of the hill. Like space dust covered the night blanket, just let all the pretty little lights get jealous at the sight in front of Roseanne, along with the blonde to admire and love the most beautiful woman the earth ever created.

"Oh my God, Roseanne! A shooting star, look." Jennie perked up when her eye caught sight of the flashing light in the almost empty night sky. She sat up immediately and almost bruised her elbow when it hit the side of the truck.

Roseanne was quick to aid her tho, leaning closer to gently rub the slightly wounded area on the brunette's tiny body.

"Make a wish, Princess," she whispers; and Jennie leans her back against her chest. "A wish other than me of course, 'cause duh, you already got me," Roseanne rests her head on Jennie's shoulder, "head over heels for you."

Jennie pushed her face away when Roseanne pulled that 'charming casanova' looks on that gorgeous face of hers. She was smirking and Jennie felt the need to wipe that away with her fingers slightly pulling Roseanne's cheek.

"Aw."

"That's very funny, Roseanne."

"I wasn't joking."

"Shh. Quiet now. I'm gonna make a wish for the next star. You distracted me on the first one." Jennie said, settling herself comfortably in their current position. She pulled Roseanne's arms and rested them on her lap—even pocketing her hands on the holes of Roseanne's sleeves.

The latter was trying her best to contain her smile. "Wow. I'm surprised you're not pushing me away."

"It's because I'm cold. I need you to keep me warm." she defended before snuggling closer to Roseanne until she was almost buried in the girl's jacket. She kept moving her head to find the most comfortable spot to lie on and when she landed on her shoulder, she finally settled in, "Besides, I don't wanna catch a cold. I hate having to blow my nose all the time."

"I know. And you're extra cranky when you're sick so,"

"Hey!"

Roseanne released a laugh.

At the same time, the second shooting star passed by that immediately caught Jennie's full attention. She hastily brought her hands together to make a wish, not bothering to make a clap back anymore. Roseanne did the same thing, although she wasn't able to bring hers together as they were trapped inside her sleeves. She just held Jennie's both hands and stared at her as she closed those beautiful eyes of hers.

There's no point in wishing anyway when she already got what she wants; right here snuggled up in front of her and just being with her every night of the day. Jennie may hate her guts or despise every flesh of her being, but at least she knew she could somehow make her happy with just the littlest things that she does for her every day.

'God. I love you so ing much.'

Jennie opens her eyes after a few seconds, and the first she does is glare at the blonde who's still pretty much staring at her at the moment. "What are you looking at?"

"Just the most beautiful woman in the world." Roseanne smiled.

Jennie brushed Roseanne's face with her hand. "You're such a cheesecake."

"Yeah." Roseanne chuckled, then she softly pulled the skin of Jennie's hand with her pursed lips. "So what did you wish for, Jenbear?"

"Can't tell you."

"Why?"

Jennie grabbed the mug of hot chocolate beside them before hiding in Roseanne's warm body again.

"Hey, that's my mug," Roseanne told her, but Jennie ignored that and went on to drink the hot beverage.

"It's mine now." she just shrugged.

Roseanne softly laughed. "Fine. But you gotta tell me your wish now."

"I'm not gonna."

"Was it me?" Roseanne pushed. "Cause if it was then boy, you just wasted your wish, princess, 'cause like I said, you—"

"Actually, it was you."

"Really?" Roseanne perked up.

Jennie nodded her head. "Yeah. I wished for you to finally get a new hobby that would take up most of your time so you wouldn't have to annoy me anymore."

Roseanne pouted.

"Sounds like a good wish, right?"

"Nuh-uh."

Jennie laughed. "I'm kidding. I wouldn't waste my wish on you."

Roseanne grinned after hearing that. "I knew deep inside you wouldn't want me to go away."

"Not true. Stop putting words into my mouth." Jennie rolled her eyes but broke into laughter when Roseanne hit both her hands onto the side of the truck in an attempt to tickle Jennie's tummy.

───※ ·❆· ※───