Chapter 12

Seven Date nights

Jennie woke up warm and safe which she never had in her lonely bed, which was quite sad, her bed which is annoyingly big for a single person is too much, and cold sheets on every side she turns. But now she is trapped in between the sofa and a warm body that has one arm around her waist and the other below her neck, a big blanket is covered around them, it's the last week of November, so it's quite chilly, her hands are freezing and her body seeks warm because they are sleeping outdoor. But Jennie didn't need that she is quite comfortable in that position, so she curled her hands in front of her chest and nuzzled closer. A small smile took over her features before she closes her eyes one more time. She was brought back to consciousness when she heard a loud yawn. She looked forward and saw Jisoo petting Lisa who is asleep on her lap.

If Jisoo is sitting two steps away from her then who the is she cuddling with!?

Jennie's eyes widened comically when she looked up to meet a blonde head and she knows who it is, she sighed in relief once again, it was Roseanne, no wonder she is so warm and comfortable right now. Jennie's heart swelled when Roseanne without her consciousness secured the covers around Jennie and hugged her closer, much closer Jennie felt like drowning in her. A smile took her face seeing the blonde in her arms tight, she placed a kiss on her neck, which tickled Roseanne, she smiled in her sleep, she got up and caught Jisoo looking at Jennie's lovely stare at the blonde.

"Cuddle more if you want, it's just 5 in the morning" Jisoo commented, wiggling her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"As if I want to"

"Oh, you definitely want to" Jisoo teased.

Jennie gave her sister a tight-lipped smile. She watched her sister gently take Lisa's head from her lap and placed it on the pillow and tucked a blanket around her. Jennie was always curious about why the couple wasn't married yet, they have been together for almost four years, and if she ever loved someone like that she would sure as hell would ready to sign their prenup and jump into the arms of her partner. Jisoo and Lisa are fast in everything except making decisions for their future when they jumped straight to bed after their first meeting at the study club in college and moved after a year, Jennie asked many times why but her sister will always say 'we are talking things slow' and Jennie would always scoff at it.

She followed her to the house and the kitchen, admiring and literally gawking at every piece of fine architecture her eyes landed on, she is a sculptor anyways, and Roseanne is an architect, sure she had put some effort in making this house a literal masterpiece.

"God, I love Roseanne's house, it's extraordinary" Jennie emphasized every word of it, Jisoo didn't reply instead she hid her face inside the fridge searching for some food. This made Jennie incredulous because Roseanne had the same reaction as her sister when she appreciate this house.

"Okay, what is it?" Jennie broke the silence that her sister think she would get away with it.

"What!?"

"That face, as if you scared or something, what are you hiding?" Jennie crossed her arms, using her baby pout to glare at her sister. Jisoo gulped her invisible lump.

"Hiding? I'm not hiding anything, what do you want me to say, I have seen this house multiple times as you are, of course, it's pretty and marvelous, but you know ours is prettier-"

"As I am?? I am here for the first time" Jennie cut her off in the mid-sentence of her nonstop rambling to prove her right, Jisoo was tongue-tied as she realized she was cornered by her own words. When she was contemplating how to escape her baby sister's interrogating eyes. Her girlfriend appeared out of nowhere for rescue. Lisa stretched her limbs on her way inside as she gave Jennie a brief hug and a kiss on the back of her head, before moving past to kissing her girlfriend on the lips.

"Good morning my beau mmmph" Lisa gave her a peck, but Jisoo pulled her by the collar and started to messily make out with her in front of her sister. Jennie did a gagging noise and left the kitchen, throwing a snide comment at Jisoo which is more of a command

"Don't forget to make coffee for me and Rosie"

Lisa's hands traveled along her waist before she flushed their bodies together tightly. Jisoo's hands are around her neck, leaving no space between, Jisoo tugged her bottom lip and her asking for entrance, but Lisa pulled away out of breath and nuzzled her nose in the crook of Jisoo's neck. Leaving little pecks around her ear.

"So worked up in the morning huh?"

"She almost caught me"

"Huh?" Lisa frowned, she looked at her with flushed cheeks and droopy eyes. Jisoo looked at the door making sure that no one is eavesdropping on them.

"I almost spilled that it's her house"

"Wow" Jennie's eyes are on the drawing carved on the pediments and frieze as she wandered around the house, the house has three floors, first, we are invited by the lounge in the living room, flat screen TV and also a projector white screen was clung on the ceiling. Sapphire-colored couches, and a fireplace at the left side of the hall, with three brown human-sized bean bags, then start the stairs that take to the second floor. Next to the stair hallways that lead to the kitchen and a guest room.

Jennie found a study room, a music room, and a bedroom on the second floor, there is another room in the far left corner, from the size of the bedroom and some items which looked newly placed, she can tell it was not the master bedroom, but it was somewhat well arranged, there is a window overlooked the beach next to it, messy bed, in the table next to there is a laptop, bundle of paper charts, A1 size papers, and geometrical aids, a closet full of cute casuals but also many suits which are all black, this Room is full of surrounded by Roseanne and her vibes. But As far as Jennie has observed the rooms in this house are spacious but why Roseanne chose this confined room to be her bedroom?

With that thought, she intended to go back to the kitchen but her legs took a path that is quite specious, she felt like she has been there before but she is sure she is not. Considering the fact she just came here today for the first time, she knew all details about the picture that are painted on the walls but was in denial to accept that she knew that, Her feet dragged in front of a white door. Her heartbeat started to race for an unknown reason, and her lips started to tremble she bit it to control herself her body started to lose its comfort all of a sudden then she felt that all too familiar flash that brings back those certain visions of the mysterious blonde girl again but she took control of it by taking a deep breath.

"Why am I acting so dramatic? it's not that Rosie is a serial killer and her photos of her victims are hung inside here". Jennie exhaled a long breath before she twisted and turned the doorknob.

"What are you doing here?"

The Door is Locked

"Jesus! Lisa, you almost gave a heart attack" Jennie clutched her heart in the emphasis of her words.

"Well then bless you, my child" Lisa chuckled, crossing her arms and walking towards her until she leaned next to the door. "Find something interesting?"

"I'm just looking around," Jennie said, looking back at the door, grabbed the doorknob turning it around again, and failed. Lisa was observing her and was glad that the room is locked, for now, she is angry with Roseanne for not telling Jennie the truth because she was so hurt seeing her best friend sad and broken, not taking care of herself for almost a year now, she saw her going from a bubbly and the cute ball of sunshine to a dark, pathetic, hopeless and depressed girl, she wants this to end but Roseanne is so stubborn and adamant to pursue Jennie to remember something about their past, but they all know she is healing and having a glimpse of her life, So Lisa thinks and argued with Roseanne that all she needed was a push to make her memories to get crashing back to her. Lisa was almost contemplating giving her the key to the door. But she bit her inner cheek and restricted herself from giving in.

"Roseanne doesn't like anyone coming here, come on let's go down" Lisa caressed the small of Jennie's back urging her away from the door.

"Aww, even me" Jennie pouted dramatically and showed her puppy doe eyes to her, but Lisa refuse to be thawed by that. She fixed the limits at least until their last date to behave unbothered.

"Come on, Let's wake up Rosie and eat breakfast, so we can have some family time today" Lisa successfully took Jennie away from the floor, Jennie gave a glance through her shoulder to that mysterious door, before following Lisa's lead.

"I ordered some extra mandu for you, is that okay?" Jisoo asked Lisa once she showed up in the kitchen with Jennie, But instead of Lisa, Jennie's eyes lit up and she pushed passed towards the kitchen counter.

"Where is it?"

"Yet to come" Jennie was disappointed and sulked and pursued her lips tightly crossing her arms in an offended manner, Jisoo placed her coffee in front of her but she grumpily refused and turned her face away. Lisa and Jisoo looked at each other at Jennie's antics and giggled.

"Good morning" Roseanne sleepily announced and was soon invited by the smell of coffee around the room.

Before Jennie can turn around to look at her, she was engulfed by long arms around her waist in a tight hug, Roseanne hid her face at the crook of her neck and peppered kisses on her skin which connected her shoulder and neck. "Mmm, morning wifey"

"Morning" Jennie turned her head, connecting their foreheads into a light thud, smiling at her until Roseanne distracted her with a kiss on her cheek, a flick of the camera flashed around them with a groan.

"Baby, you ruined it" Lisa whined, clicking her tongue at her girlfriend but Jisoo shrugged at her and showed the picture.

"Well the picture came out well"

"You would have taken without the flash"

"Why are you complaining? Look they haven't even noticed" and Jisoo was correct they didn't even mind the bickering people in front of them. Roseanne was caressing her forearm and Jennie enjoyed the warmth radiating from the blonde. And combed her disheveled blonde hair. As Roseanne leaned on her touch.

"Did I remind you that you are annoying?" Jennie softly whispered which made Roseanne giggle.

"You do, every single time" Roseanne whispered back in the same volume of voice as her. Not noticing two pairs of eyes watching them.

"Then add this to it" Jennie's hands came to a rest on Roseanne's cheeks as she closed her eyes and leaned on her forehead leaving no space in between them.

"Better than you hating me" Roseanne's smile widen.

"I still hate you though"

"If this is how you show how much you hate someone, then please hate me more" Jennie turned around in her embrace and pinched her chipmunk cheeks hard which made Roseanne wince in pain.

"You and your cheesiness, are you always like this? Or only with me"

"Are you jealous?"

"Absolutely-" Jennie unconsciously dragged the word, which gave Roseanne time to cut her off.

"Awwww, Jenbear is so jeal-"

"-Not, absolutely not" Jennie cut her off in the middle before Roseanne will start acting like Jennie is a possessive girlfriend. Roseanne pouted and buried her head in her shoulder, immediately started sulking "I hate you, Nini".

"The feelings are mutual"

"Is that 'I hate you' your love language?"

"Kim Jisoo!" Lisa snapped at her girlfriend which made Jennie and Roseanne snap out of it and realized that they have an audience.

"See, still not my fault" Jisoo nonchalantly shrugged as they all heard the doorbell. Lisa groaned out loud at her girlfriend who also urged her to get the food from the delivery.

"My baby is acting like a baby again"

Jennie was pouting immensely, she wanted a house tour When Roseanne showed everything in the house except that mysterious door, which is annoying the out of the curious cat. Roseanne unexpectedly snapped at her. Which leads to Jennie not talking with her or letting her get near for half of the day. Roseanne apologized so many times but she is still persistent and adamant.

"Buttercup, I'm sorry" Roseanne was kneeling in front of the brunette who is sitting with crossed arms on the couch, sulking. Jennie scoffed turning her face away from her.

"Darling?" Roseanne leaned in near her face, leaving an inch of gap between them. Jennie closed her eyes and refused to listen.

"Princess?" When Roseanne moved her face from left to face she moved it right. And it continued for a minute.

"Jenbear?"

"Wifey?"

"Baby girl?"

"Jennie?"

Jennie groan aloud and stood up on the couch towering over Roseanne making her look up at the brunette. She suddenly pointed an accusing finger at her face, making Roseanne confused. "Don't say my name"

"But that's your name" Roseanne let out a fake cry and used her pleading eyes to look up at her.

"Not for you"

"Okay, Princess I won't use-"

"I didn't mean it like, you know use only endearments to call me" she paused, look up for a while, and gulped which is clear to Roseanne since she looked at her expectantly, Jennie took a deep breath before looking at her. "Don't say my name in that tone" and Roseanne understood what she meant. Whenever Roseanne unintentionally snaps at her because her statement sometimes triggers the past, Jennie will eventually get hurt, and it didn't help the fact that last time she cried.

"I know I'm sorry about it"

"You are?" Roseanne nodded furiously, pouting, and hugged her hips bringing her closer to emphasize.

"Then let me see the room?" Jennie asked again, but not meaning it this time. As if testing the water

"Jennie!"

"See, you are not sorry about it" Jennie was about to wiggle out from her embrace when hugged her tighter and lifted her off the couch. Jennie had to wrap her arms around her neck to support her.

"When I say that I'm serious, I am really serious, not talking with you literally hurts me so much"

Jennie frowned at her but can see the sincerity in her eyes. Her hands unconsciously cupped her cheeks and rubbed the apple of the cheek. She saw how Roseanne's eyes changed at that moment, she is surprised at herself too but didn't seem to care. It was so long eye contact that a sound of a whisper interrupted them.

"They forgot we are in this room too"

"Shh, babe. They are talking with their souls"

Jennie turned to throw a glare at the couple, Lisa gave her a tight-lipped smile, while Jisoo just recorded them. When she looked again at Roseanne and she let her down but the hands still surrounded her waist.

"Am I forgiven?" Jennie rolled her eyes and moved away from her.

"Whatever, I'm hungry, buy me some food"

Roseanne chuckled and kiss her cheeks, which made Jennie flush. "What does my princess prefer for today's lunch?" She asked, her mobile is ready in her hand to order.

"Hey, we are here too, and I'm hungry" Jisoo whined aloud.


The last date

It was today, and Jennie was kinda nervous to confess, of course, Roseanne would say yes, that girl is madly in love with her, what is bothering her is the fact that she is considering giving it some time. It feels like Jennie gave in too fast, and Roseanne was nothing but annoying to her for the past few weeks, she gave her enough reason to turn her down, but that is unfair to the efforts she made to make the little brunette happy, as much as Jennie has been hating those dates, she has been loving it at the same time, she took advantage of it, got to have some fine company that gave her comfort when needed, took some breather from her daily frustrating routine, get to know about her, enjoyed those cuddles, loved her as much as she does. On the brighter side, Roseanne still stands her ground.

Jennie scoffed at that thought, 'why Roseanne gotta be so perfect?'

Roseanne and Jennie are walking side by side, hand in hand peacefully, but their mind and hearts are bothered, the beach waves sound way loud than it usually does. Jennie sensed that Roseanne has a destiny, the certainty in her steps, and the focus in her eyes convinced her that Roseanne is taking her somewhere. Jennie patiently waited and followed her.

Their steps came to a halt when Roseanne found a big rock at the far end of the beach, she climbed in first and gave a hand to Jennie.

"Are you planning on murdering me?" She joked and accepted her hand and climbed up.

"You should know by now that hurting you was the last thing I'd do to you, Princess" Roseanne grabbed her waist and pulled her closer until they were a centimeter close. Jennie smiled in gratitude that soon turned into a shy smile as she ducked her face down when Roseanne gazed at her with so much affection.

"Do you remember?" Roseanne started carefully, already planning on embracing anything that comes out of those adorable lips after she confess her whole truth.

"What exactly?" Jennie asked playing with Roseanne's trench coat, thinking that how big the coat would be for her if it was double the size for Roseanne.

"When we came here during our college years?"

"Roseanne, you know I don't remember much about my past-" she bites her lower lips, still feeling a little sketchy about not remembering some of her memories. There is some gap in her memories, like when she woke up she clearly remember why she was there and how she was hit by a reckless driver on a platform and survived with a minor injury but her head got the best of it. She remembers her childhood memories, where their parents are now, but she doesn't remember her college days and her post-college years when she was supposed to know everything about what to do and what she did in her life as a graduate. In where she supposed she met this blonde.

The realization hits her like a ton of bricks in her head when her head shoots up to look at Roseanne, who is looking at her hopefully, "we've known each other since college!?" 

Roseanne sighed into a pearly smile and nodded, but later gasped when Jennie landed a solid punch on her chest. "You dork, you should have told me that, we were spending days together, and you can't come up with something like "hey, babe remember when we were in college-" something like that?"

"I should have" Roseanne muttered, avoiding her eyes, holding onto her small hands which are holding her coat. "I just... I just don't wanna hurt you by triggering the past"

"Hurt me?" Roseanne nodded

"Jennie, you always say that you get some glimpse of your memories, and it hurt you sometimes, our... Our last encounter wasn't on a good note, I don't wanna repeat it. And I'm sorry I know you don't remember what happened but I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you and fight with you for a whole month, I just wanna finish what I have and come back to you but it was too late, I was too late, I regret it so much, only if I was there, you would have never gone out, I was lost without you-"

"Hey, hey" Jennie cupped her face when Roseanne started crying and rambling "I'm sorry for what happened, but I'm sure there must be a perfect explanation for what you did, it's just the Jennie two years ago didn't understand you. You are an amazing person, Rosie. I must have been a dumb person who made a reckless decision"

Roseanne shook her head frantically in response and Jennie suppressed her sudden to kiss her nose instead she settled for a hug. She slides the hands which are cupping her cheeks to hug through her neck and flushed those bodies together. The blonde sighed and hugged her tighter. Jennie felt her leg tiptoe and suddenly loses her ground when Roseanne lifted her.

"Jennie, can I ask you one thing?" Jennie nodded in response, enjoying the warmth radiating from the blonde on a cold evening.

"Did I ever show up on your memories?"

Jennie suddenly remember the tall blonde girl from her vision and felt something bloom in her chest, she still didn't know who is she, she is the only person who show up in her visions, and thought of the person who she is with now didn't once come in her vision saddened her. She didn't want to disappoint her so she did a terrible thing.

"No one ever shows up on my vision, Rosie "

And the hope Roseanne previously had in her heart was completely shattered.