Chapter 13 (End)

Seven Date nights

"Hub- Rosie?"

"Mmm?" The blonde replied without giving a glance back at the brunette.

"Come back to bed"

"I got some work, Jen, you go ahead I'll join you shortly"

Jennie sighed, biting her lips to control her tears and keep them at bay, it had been a month since Roseanne had been drowning herself with work and ignoring her, Jennie was trying to understand the situation and give her some space but it was getting hard to see the empty space beside her bed and how lonely she feels the next day when Roseanne leaves home for work and comes back late.

"Rosie?"

"Jennie, please" that tone she used as if she was completely sick of her presence near her and that hurt her more than Roseanne ignoring her.

"Can you spend some time with me?" Jennie snapped gaining the attention of the blonde.

Roseanne furiously slammed her palm on the table and turned around, for the first time that night Jennie saw her eyes, so exhausted, with dark circles and tiredness is visible on those beautiful orbs, but at the same time there is also a sudden unexpected anger towards her, Jennie flinched at the contact and took a step back. Roseanne noticed the change and the frightened look on her wife's face and took a deep breath, eyes softening a little to thaw her anger.

"Look, Jen. You know how this project is so important to me, can't you endure yourself and wait until it's done?"

"Endure? So you are aware how much this is hurting me, wow" Jennie scoffed sarcastically.

"I'm not hurting you, Jennie. You just need to understand me here"

"I am trying to, but every day feels like you are drifting apart"

"what do you expect, Jennie? I can't bunk this project, you know that"

"I am very aware of that, but can't you make some time for me? You can't find at least five minutes to talk with me? Did you ever think about me in these 20 or 26 days since you started this ing project? You never come home, never sleep beside me, my calls are moved to voicemail, my texts are seen and ignored and lastly, you forgot the date you promised, This isn't you Rosie" Jennie yelled frustratedly, not recognizing the person in front of her.

"Jennie, oh God why are you being such a child and when did you become so selfish" Roseanne ran her hand through her blonde locks and turn away from her before speaking to the brunette who is suddenly avoiding her eyes and looking down. "Fine, I'll give you the five minutes you asked-"

"you used to love my childishness" Jennie's voice came out broken and tears left her eyes soon she was trying to hold on to the lump in which is holding back a sob. "you love keeping me in your arms, you love to listen to my rant, you love skipping work to come to me, even though I scold you for it all the time, what is happening between us? are you-" Jennie swallowed thickly before looking at Roseanne who took a step to hold her but Jennie flinched back. "Are you falling out of love?"

"Jennie, it's not-" Roseanne again took a step to hold her but Jennie slowly moved back.

"I just missed you, Rosie, but seems like I totally lost you"

Jennie woke up with sweat on her forehead and a racing heartbeat and tears cascading down her cheeks. She looked around, clenching her heart and suddenly aware of the surrounding, she is in Roseanne's room, but Roseanne is not there, she clearly remember sleeping beside her -surprising the small bean when Roseanne didn't cuddle her, which was quite suspicious for her when the typical Roseanne was not there- it's midnight, the sun has not risen yet making her wonder where the blonde is.

Blonde

Jennie remembered her dream, the vision. She had a while ago, which was so painful from the visions she had. Most of the time her vision is filled with cute moments and makes her wish the dreams are real, but this time it was painful that she doesn't want to see them again. The person in her dream was fighting-Jennie widened her eyes when the realization hits.

"Hub- Rosie?"

"God, I have been so stupid" Jennie threw the sheets away and abruptly stood up which almost tripped her foot. "Seriously Jennie, how many blondes do you know to realize the blonde your vision is to Rosie?"

She slipped out of the bed without minding wearing a jacket or slippers as she ran, mumbling incoherent sentences to herself, Rosie has been there every time whenever Jennie has a vision and the person in the vision is her. She has been so damn oblivious for so long that frustrates her. She came to a halt suddenly when she caught something in her far vision. She looked back and noticed the mysterious door is slightly open. Her heartbeat started its pace erratically and she is suddenly so damn nervous.

She decides to bite the bullet and grab the doorknob and only to be invited by the darkness as she opens the door wide enough. As if Jennie's suspicion has cleared, it was the master bedroom of the mansion, she can point out the king-sized sitting elegantly sitting in the middle of the room. A sense of nostalgia washed over her as her vision blurred again. She shook it tracing the wall and trying to sense the light switch when she found it and turned it on, she can hear her heart break and she froze in her place. In the middle of the wall beside the bed, there is a huge framed photo of her wedding with Roseanne. Jennie was in a bridal dress with Roseanne wearing a dark sapphire blue suit. The picture shows only their frame above their collarbone with Roseanne pressing a hard kiss on Jennie's cheek. Jennie her breath when she saw how much she was in love with her.

"I, Roseanne park take Jennie kim to be my wife. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life."

Jennie suddenly felt a sharp pain in the back of her head, usually, she doesn't feel any kind of pain or discomfort when her vision arrives, but the previous memories and this recent one is killing the back of her neck. She moved to the bed, observing all the photo frames of their college days which Jennie feels all too familiar with now. She let herself cry without knowing why as she took a pic of Roseanne piggybacking her while Jennie films them. Each photo reminds her and makes her remember each memory that came thrashing back.

"come on hubby, you are being weak, only a few steps more" Jennie had a video cam in her hands, filming everything as possible, Roseanne can feel her tongue going dry and took a hard gulp to keep her alive.

Jennie happily hopped on her back, letting Roseanne carry her to the top of the cliff. The first few meters were enough for Jennie to give up, grabbing the picnic essentials into her backpack and climbing onto Roseanne. Roseanne was okay for a few distances until begged for water.

She plopped down on the grass, breathing hard before Jennie can unfold her blanket. Jennie giggled at her wife, laying the blanket wide open, and sighed when her back hits the ground. Roseanne rolled beside her and hugged her waist. "as much as I hate it, I don't mind carrying back down too" Roseanne grinned and peck her cheek.

Jennie leaned back on the bed. Noticing how it didn't smell the same as before, so Jennie noticed that Roseanne hadn't used that room in a while. she closed her eyes while the room brought the memories rushing back.

"Love, stop" Roseanne grabbed her wrist and rounded her to come face to face with her, while Jennie tried her best to wriggle out of her hold, tears rushing down her cheeks like a fall as she took hard gulps to breathe. She whined flapping her right hand which is in the strong grip of her wife.

"Princess, wifey, please I'm sorry could you stay, hmm?" Jennie looked up at those hopeful eyes, but when her previous words echoed in her brain, her ego took the best part of her, she looked down taking a deep breath, and Roseanne grabbed her both hands and squeezed them. "I'm not gonna explain Jennie, you know what is happening right now, you know me, I make dumb decisions and I regret them so bad later on and I apologize but if you leave now, I know that any apology won't bring you back. So don't leave me, please?"

"Roseanne-"

"Please, hmm?" at this point Roseanne kneeled on the ground with tears on the brim of her eyes. When Jennie didn't give any response, Roseanne stepped in and hugged her.

"Can you come to be- hey!" Jennie yelped in surprise when she was lifted off the ground in a bridal style.

"Gladly" Roseanne kissed her cheek and gave her a toothy smile.

"You are a such crackhead and mystery, Hubby. I never really seem to understand you" Roseanne hummed striding towards the bedroom. "Every day feels like a puzzle to be solved, it's tiring but I'm trying hard because I love you so bad"

When Jennie hit the mattress, she grabbed Roseanne by the collar pulling her closer until their faces are barely centimeters apart "can you do the same for me, because next time I ain't going to get compromised"

Roseanne smirked and grabbed her waist and pushed her further into the bed along with her and kissed her hard on the lips, "I know how hard my wifey is and I'm not gonna up my life by fighting with you, I'm sorry for how sounded back there, I...I'll try to make some time for ourselves"

"Rosie" Jennie cupped her cheeks and smooched her lips twice, "I'm not trying to order you or manipulate you around, you do what you must, I know that the town mayor's house project is so important to you and your team, but I'm worried about your health, I don't know if you noticed but your physique is changing and you look so pale"

Jennie hugged her neck, while Roseanne's left hand circled her waist and the other balanced her weight, Jennie noticed how she skipping breakfast, that it was becoming a habit, she never knew whether she is eating lunch or not, and whereas dinner is cold and untouched. Jennie is sure she is just grabbing herself a sandwich or having little snacks here and there. If Jennie isn't a massive introvert she would deliver healthy homemade lunch for her daily if possible, another obstacle for them is Jennie can't drive and the construction site is at the end of the town, which is too much for a walk.

"At least promise me to take care of yourself until you come back to my care, hmm?" Roseanne smiled grateful for having such a sweet wife and kissed her.

"I love you"

"I love you too, now promise" Jennie made a grumpy face that made her chuckle.

"I promise"

"Good" Jennie nodded, that poker face of hers is still present when Roseanne waited for her to continue, she was surprised by the baby voice that followed.

"Now cuddles" She gave her a cute gummy smile and opened her arms for a hug, Roseanne is too weak for that smile not to oblige

Jennie woke up in an empty bed the next morning, but she didn't protest this time, as she remembered her wife's promise, Roseanne's mind can oscillate sometimes but if she made a promise she would no way in hell would go against it. She strides towards the kitchen to prepare more lunch for her wife to take to work, Jisoo accepted to pick her up and drive her to her wife's workplace in an hour, so she got a lot of time to prepare delicious food.

She opened her fridge and found there is a plate with a note on it. "Have a lovely breakfast lovie, I will be back by lunch"

"But I want to bring her lunch" she whined and pouted, her glare softening when she saw pancakes on her plate and decided to up her frown and devour her appetite.

After her quick breakfast, she prepared more lunch than usual, packed some and arranged the table, and waited for Roseanne to come home, she waited for half an hour before the doorbell rings, she jumped and ran towards the door but was disappointed to find her sister and her girlfriend on the porch and rolled her eyes when Lisa gave her a half smirk.

"why are you rolling your eyes at me? You called us to pick you up, didn't you?" Lisa accused her with a pointing finger.

"she said she is coming home" Jennie stick out her tongue and teased Lisa to which the latter only laughed at her cuteness.

"Whatever, something smells so good" Jisoo pushed past Jennie and went straight to the kitchen counter.

"Hey! That's for my wife"

"Too much for your wife, what is she? A pig?"

"Hey! She eats only a fair amount"

"By fair amount, you mean this much?" Lisa pointed out all the food on the table from her favorite Italian pasta to pho, fried chicken, and some ordered dumplings, rice cake, kimbap, and for dessert, there are ice cream both milk flavored and strawberry, and a pack of marshmallows, cupcakes and a bottle of white wine.

"She will be hungry"

"Can we have some?"

"only after she arrives" Jennie glared at her sister who took a piece of marshmallow but before she can eat it, she grabbed it and put it back. They all sat in their respective places and waited for the blonde. After what it seems like an hour and a half, Jisoo became stressed about not eating the food when it was right in front of them.

She felt a nudge on her leg and looked up at Lisa who is pleading with her eyes. Jisoo can feel the same plea in the corner of her eyes, almost begging. But when Lisa eyed her to ask Jennie who is looking at her fingers on her lap, she decided to ask her, comes what may?

"Jennie-" Jisoo cautiously called her but got cut off before she can utter a sentence.

"she will come, she will come" Her voice faded out as she recited those words again, one after another. Both the couple felt pity but decided to wait alone with her. Lisa quickly shot a short text to Roseanne asking where the is she (literally) but was left unread.

After another hour, it was 3:30 in the afternoon, way past lunch time and Jisoo's stomach started to rumble, she embarrassingly held it and hugged her waist, Jisoo again tried to talk to her sister but was surprised when Jennie suddenly stood up.

"You can eat, I'll take a breather" She excused herself and left her house. She urgently grabbed her jacket and slipped on her shoes and left the house like it was suffocating in there.

Lisa excitedly grabbed her chopsticks and took a piece of fried chicken, "Ahem" Jisoo cleared and looked sharp at Lisa who is about to fill her stomach.

"What?"

"Irresponsible sister-in-law, you are" Lisa frowned and put that chicken in to show that she is eating.

"And you are an irresponsible sister, she needs some alone time, let her be" Jisoo did nothing but glare at her for a long time until Lisa felt so irritated, that a pair of eyes are watching her while she was eating

"Fine, geez, I'll check on her, not even letting a girl have some food peacefully" Lisa grumpily stood up and went to the doorstep, while she slipped on her shoes she mumbled to herself "I'll eat her brains out tonight as a punishment"

Lisa was a little annoyed but looked for Jennie around the surrounding. She soon found her next to the sidewalk at the far end turning at the end of the street.

"Jennie" she screamed loud enough for the whole block to hear, she got some looks from the passer-by but she glared at them back with a raised brow, some returned with a roll of their eyes and some blindly ignored her. When she looked back, her frown eyes widened to the maximum when she saw a speeding car toward her. When the car took a turn everything went blank.

All she can remember was Jennie lying on the ground with blood flowing around her before her instinct got alarmed and she picked her up and rushed her to the hospital

Jennie was standing in front of what seemed to be another huge picture showing how happily married they are. Seeing the date in the marriage picture they must have been married for 3 years in which Jennie was suffering from the loss of her memory for one year.

Where did it ever go wrong?

Her tears burnt with anger when she realized that Roseanne never utter a single word about it to her, but at the same time, she was angry at herself for not noticing it and letting her wife suffer on her own for quite a long time.

"Jennie?"

Jennie was so into her thoughts that she didn't hear her name being called from the hallway. Until it sounded so near and cut off in the middle.

"Jen- what are you doing here?" Lisa asked in concern and also in confusion when she saw her in the room where she wasn't supposed to be. Jennie chuckled madly and another set of tears came rushing down her cheeks. She fell to her knees and let out a screeching scream, in a second she was engulfed by a pair of arms.

"We are sorry baby we didn't tell you" Jisoo's voice was laced with an apology as her arms tighten around her, Jennie held her as if it was holding her dear life.

"Why?" Jennie sobbed, hiding in the crook of her sister's neck, her heart is trying to embrace and realize everything that happened a few minutes before. The girl who she realized she is madly in love with is already her wife for a couple of years. And the worst part is she didn't know about it. She realized that Roseanne probably didn't tell her about it because she doesn't wanna hurt her or force her to love. It makes sense but being the victim in the scene is not letting her have her closure. She needs to see Roseanne, Now.

"where is she?"

"We don't know-"

"She is probably near the rock where she proposed to you" Lisa cut her off before Jisoo can finish her sentence. Lisa caught her wrist before Jennie's cab runoff. "Don't let your anger come in between Jen. She suffered a lot if you are going to tell her that it won't work anymore. Don't be too harsh... Please?"

"I'm not planning to"

Jennie smiled in gratitude towards her wife's best friend's concern and dashed out of the door.

Roseanne was sitting on the rock utterly and emotionally wasted, this is the place where she proposed to the love of her life. It's crazy how she can't remember it, the way screamed yes for the whole beach to hear, it still echoing her around, inaudible to her wife. The day when Roseanne was the happiest girl on the planet is now meaningless for Jennie. It feels like amidst the piece of her broken heart the universe is planning to torture her more, by squeezing those crumbled parts.

It's done, she would have stayed that day, at least she must have re time. Maybe Jennie wouldn't have left the house. Maybe she stayed. She should have kept her promise. But she failed, she failed so miserably that it's tearing her apart.

She learned many things in that process, and after that day she became so responsible, especially for her wife, now it's also time to learn how to live without—

"Hubby?" the voice cut her off again, she chuckled dryly as more tears ran down her cheeks, even her heart isn't ready to let her go, it was still desperately wanting to hear that name from her again.

"Rosie?" this time when she heard the voice near, she returned around to the person who is still adored the most in her life, concern took over her feature when she saw Jennie with her tear-stained eyes, she stood up and went near her.

"what are doing here?..." Roseanne did a quick scan of her from head to toe, Jennie is just wearing pajamas, but even with her bed hair, she looks so gorgeous. And it landed on her barefoot "and without slippers..."

"Jennie, it's cold-" she was cut off by a small hand that landed forcefully on her cheek. "Did I?-" another slap.

"It's wifey for you" Roseanne took a deep breath and just stared at her, it took a while for Roseanne to realize what she said.

"Huh?" Roseanne looked at her like a lost puppy, Jennie chuckled and took it as a sign to wrap her arms around her and immediately felt the warmth surrounding her, she slowly closed her eyes in contentment.

"Jennie?" Roseanne called her with concern, Jennie half hummed and whined when Roseanne didn't use any endearments for her. "Don't say, you are saying goodbye to me, 'cause..."

Jennie felt her gulp hard, she can feel the sadness in her voice and Jennie wants nothing but to assure her. "I'm not going anywhere to say goodbye, I belong here" She pointed at Roseanne's heart with a light chuckle. "Right here, I'll always be with you"

Roseanne wrapped her back in the tight embrace, that Jennie was not quite ready for. Roseanne squeezed her that felt like the best hug ever. "I love you so much, princess"

"I love you too, Hubby"

"Wait-" she sniffled, finally getting hold of her tears. Roseanne looked at her with an unfamiliar shine in her eyes which made Jennie feel all the love that the blonde girl had for her. "you did not just say that"

"What?" Jennie chuckled playfully at her.

"Say it again"

"Say what?" 

"Stop playing wifey, please?" Roseanne pouted cutely.

"I love you, hubby" Jennie held Roseanne's cheeks and stole a quick peck, which made Roseanne's jaw drop.

"Stop it, you are acting like you are wife doesn't kiss enough" Jennie playfully closed , only to be opened again.

"You remember?" Roseanne's hug punched the air out of her lungs, and Jennie took a mental note to stay away from her when she is overly excited. Nonetheless, she hugged her back.

"I'll always come back to you, love. Even my memories"

-Fin-


[Author's note]


Not bad, right? It is a rush, ik

I'm entering my final year so lot of work so I'm sorry for the delay
So I decided that I want to be productive in real life, as much as I do in writing,
So hang in there with me for new stories.

Ngl it going to take loooooongg 

Until then see ya~

-Sua