Chapter 1

Seven Date nights

Jennie woke up as usual and get ready for the day, with a glass of milk and a couple of oatmeal cookies as her breakfast, she heard the sound of the car pulling on her driveway, and quickly finish her milk before dashing to the front door. But when she looked from the living room window she can't help but roll her eyes.

Here we go again

Roseanne is leaning on her black Mercedes-Benz, with her hands tied and waiting for the brunette to come out. Jennie grumbled before picking up her phone and shooting a text to her sister.

Jennie
UNNIE
What is the matchstick doing in front of my house


Jisoo unnie
Roseanne?
Well, Don't be mad, okay but I kinda asked her to drive you instead, cause I was busy running some errands
SORRY JENDEUK πŸ₯Ί

Jennie
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

Jisoo unnie
Because I have no other choices
You know she is the only one I trust enough to drive you to the studio when I'm unavailable

Jennie
But I hate her
AND YOU KNOW THAT

Jisoo unnie
C'mon go easy on her, princess
Roseanne's pretty nice

Jennie
Maybe to you
That woman's been annoying the crap out of me ever since she found out my existence in this world

Jisoo unnie
Oh my god πŸ˜‚

Jennie
What? it's true πŸ™„

Jisoo unnie
Mmm a bit
Look if only I could drive you, I would, but your unnie's pretty busy right now
You gotta understand how much she values her work. Can't go messing just because her little sis is being a baby

Jennie
I'm not being a baby

Jisoo unnie
Yes you are

Jennie
No, I'm not

Jisoo unnie
I'm not gonna repeat myself Jendeukie, coz we both can see you are acting like one
So please, just let the girl drive you to your studio, then after that, you can ask her to go
POLITELY

Jennie
Ugh, what if she annoys me?

Jisoo unnie
Then annoy her too
Pretty simple

Jennie
That's not how it works unnie

Jisoo unnie
Yes it is
Now, please? I'm working

Jennie
Tsk, you're useless

Jisoo unnie
I'm awesome

Jennie
I hate you

Jisoo unnie
I love you tooπŸ˜™

This is the worst, she can't believe her sister even tolerates this bothersome behavior of this raggedy girl and even lets her alone with her, she got some crazy thoughts like what if she kidnaps her cause due to the proven obsession towards her, Her sister doesn't know about it, she stood at the threshold of the kitchen contemplating to step out or not, Just when another text popped on her lock screen.

Jisoo unnie
Step out of the house, jendeuk. don't be dramatic

Jennie
That girl has been obsessed with me for over a year now, I'm not gonna be surprised if she suddenly plans to abduct me and it's gonna be YOUR FAULT, SOLELY YOUR FAULT JISOONI

Jisoo unnie
πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Jennie was scowling when she stepped out of her house, more when she spotted Roseanne leaning against her car just outside their front yard, staring at her while she gave her that usual annoying smile of hers that somehow irritates Jennie in every possible way.

Β 

"Good morning, sweet cheeks!" Roseanne greeted as she walked toward her. She pulled something from the back seat of the car and Jennie rolled her eyes when she saw what it was. "I brought you flowers."


"No thank you, Roseanne. You know how much I hate roses." she scoffed. "I can't believe you even brought me one to ruin my day."

"That's not true. You love roses. saw you checking them out at the flower shop the other day."

Jennie's eyebrows met. "Are you stalking me?"

"I was visiting Lisa." Roseanne shrugged.

Although Jennie doesn't seem convinced with that and continues to give Roseanne stinky eyes.

"And I was hoping you'd be there too so I figured I'd stop by."

"See, you really are stalking me."

"I was visiting, there's a big difference."

Jennie just rolled her eyes. "Whatever," she grumbled, stomping her way to Roseanne's car.

But before she even reach and open the door, Roseanne was already behind her, rushing her way to open it for her. Jennie glared at her in return, but somehow appreciates the chivalry of it all. She went inside and slumped back on the seat, loving the warmth and familiarity she felt in Roseanne's car.

Well, she did spend a good amount of time sitting on that seat and being in that car, as Jisoo always asks Roseanne to drive her to her studio when she's busy with her work, so it was no surprise she'd feel comfortable there by now. Not that she loves that or anything. She hates being comfortable with Roseanne. Or wanting to be with her. Because then she'll not hate her anymore and she's annoying and she deserves to be hated by her.

Doesn't make sense but to Jennie, it does.

Huffing, she watched as Roseanne circled the car and into the driver's seat. She was grinning and it irritated Jennie. Makes her want to wipe that annoyingly charming grin off her face when she turned to face her with it.

"What are you grinning about?"

"What? I'm not allowed to smile now?"

"Not to me, you don't," Jennie said, leaning her head against the window. "I hate your creepy smile."

Roseanne pouted. "It's not that creepy."

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately?"

Roseanne paused for a second, then she leaned forward to look at herself in the rearview mirror. She smiled, then shook her head before leaning back, turning her attention once more to the scowling girl on the passenger seat. "Yeah, it's not that creepy."

"You're so..." Jennie groaned. "Whatever."

"Heard I'm your kidnapper now, that's awesome"

Jennie widen her eyes and her jaw dropped, how did that pass to Roseanne so fast, for Christ's sake she just talked to her sister about it five minutes ago.

'I'm gonna kill you, Jisooni' she mumbled, looking away from the raggedy girl in the driver's seat.

"Yesterday I was just a robber, and now I'm your kidnapper, good to know I'm progressing quickly in this industry"

"Shut up" Jennie rolled her eyes, glaring at the blonde, she quickly raised a finger when the latter was about to speak "No talking to me until we reach the studio"

Roseanne pouted.

But she laughed, getting a bit amused at how adorable Jennie looked even when she was annoyed. Her dumpling cheeks were popping out of her face and Roseanne fought the urge to pinch them with her fingers. Jennie doesn't like it when she does that. It annoys her even more and as much as Roseanne loves seeing her annoyed, she doesn't want to go to work with a big black eye shining on her face. It'll ruin her style. And it'll ruin her look for tonight especially when she has a date with the most beautiful girl in the world.

Speaking of her date...

"Soooo," she drawled, starting the car and ignoring Jennie's stubbornness. β€œI assume we are still on for tonight, princess? You know, for our date?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows at Jennie before finally stepping on the gas.

Jennie gave her a look. "What? What date? What are you talking about?"

"You know," Roseanne grinned. "Our date."

The additional information Roseanne had provided was of no help in refreshing Jennie's memories, and if it wasn't for the little music box lying on Roseanne's dashboard, she wouldn't have remembered about their little agreement that they made two days ago. The one that Jennie seems to regret agreeing to now. "Oh. That." she mumbled, letting her head fall onto her palm, as she get reminded again of that ridiculous '7 nights of dating the matchstick' deal that she was forced to agree on just to get Roseanne out of her . Her free hands found their way into her face then brushed it harshly while she groaned, "Ugh. I can't believe I even agreed to that bull."

Roseanne glanced at her for a split second before putting her focus back on the road. She smirked. "But you did. So you can't back down now, sweetheart."

"I hate this."

"I don't think you do." Roseanne chuckled. "You were smiling after our first date last night."

"No, I wasn't.'

"Yes, you were." Roseanne insisted. "I even saw your cute baby teeth."

Jennie gasped. Then she punched Roseanne hard in her shoulder.

"Hey."

"How dare you say that!" she growled, glaring at Roseanne as if she'd about to kill her there and then. She was about to punch her again when Roseanne caught her fist her eyes still on the road.

"I'm kidding." she laughed, trying to put Jennie's fist down.

Jennie pulled her hand from her then she crossed her arms, sulking like a kid.

"I told you not to make fun of my teeth"

"I didn't. I told you it was cute."

"But the way you said it seems like you were making fun of it!"

Roseanne glanced at her. "I'm sorry, then. I wasn't aware."

Jennie looked at her, pouting. "I hate you."

"That, I am aware of." she shook her head, chuckling.

"I don't have baby teeth, they're just...small" Jennie continued sulking, even pouting her lips more.

"I mean it's not a bad thing, I love them actually" She fished her phone out, fingers swiping and typing until she showed a photo of Jennie smiling her cute gummy smile which was taken yesterday, what made her anger more is that was Instagram post, with a comment from her sister.

She posted that picture on Instagram and Jennie is unaware of it.

@sooyaa: that's my cute gummy bear.

Another hard punch landed on Roseanne's shoulder, making her wince and grumble, so strong for a small body like that, Roseanne knows how Jennie has a black belt in karate, and how she never got used to the punches till now, It still hurts.

"You are getting on my nerve" Jennie tied her hands and focused on the road ahead of her.

"And the nerves are the pathway to your heart, so I guess my plan's brilliant" she snarked and took a right turn, getting near the art gallery of the brunette. "I'd eventually get into your heart princess"

"That doesn't make any sense, how did you even decipher that from what I said?"

"Hidden talent of a charmer" she proudly flipped her hair. And hit the brake, parking right in front of the gallery "I'd get your heart either way, not literally though"

Jennie rolled her eyes and get out of the car, walking toward the front door, But Roseanne was quick to move and open the door for her.

"Thank God, I'm finally here" she took a deep breath, like being in the car with Roseanne is suffocating her. She glared at the taller girl. "Now shoo, you raggedy girl"

"Give me a kiss first"

"No"

"Not even a goodbye one?" She leaned in, trying to grab her face to steal a kiss. But Jennie ducked and ran inside her studio

"Bye"

"Fine, see ya later, darling"

Roseanne waited until she was inside and pouted when Jennie didn't take a glance back at her.

She smiled anyways, waiting for the trial snap stories the brunette will upload on her social media once she started working on her piece.

Jennie let out a breath of fresh air, and fall on the couch in her studio.

"I'm Roseanne-free YAY" Jennie jumped up and down, doing little jumps around her studio excitedly, she is so happy and felt at peace, that she is going to work on her piece without anyone bothering her.

βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§

Roseanne smiled when her phone pinged with the notification for the story update, she removed her charts and geometrical equipment and placed them on the shelf before slumping on her couch.

She opened the story and saw a scrap clay sculpture of a boy, crouching forward, it's still not smooth, with the rugged surface of the spine, and sticks poking their way out. With a caption at the top right corner.

@rubyjane: First try and it's not very pleasing, understandable cause it's the first

Roseanne decided to shoot her a text, Jennie will snap at her but she is used to it now.

@Rosie Posie
It's pretty good actually

@Ruby Jane
No, it's not
Also, what are doing here annoying me on my IG story?

@Rosie Posie
Sending you inspiration
Here

Jennie opens to see a photo of Roseanne pouting at her with a wink, and a laugh bubbled on her chest, it took a second to let out, knowing Roseanne won't able to see her.

@Ruby Jane
That's not very inspiring

@Rosie Posie
πŸ₯Ί

After 2 hours of scraping and chiseling, she is still not satisfied with her piece, she hated having less inspiration and art block when she desperately want to focus on her work, it will always disappoint her, Jennie still has no idea what to do, but if she stops right now she will regret wasting the time later. Her current broken piece of half-woman which she frustratingly shoved aside got a message from the annoying girl again.

@rubyjane: Second and still not sure what I'm trying to do here just yet. Still pretty much clueless I suppose

@Rosie Posie
Is that a monolith
Tell me It's a monolith

@Ruby Jane
I'm not telling you anything, weirdo.
Now please stop bothering me you're making me lose my focus

@Rosie Posie
I didn't know I had that kind of effect on you buttercup 😏

@Ruby Jane
Yeah, and it's infuriating
I wanna slap you through my phone screen so bad

@Rosie Posie
Ohh,
I love it

@Ruby Jane
It's not what...
Whatever, I'm going back to work

βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§

@rubyjane: Fourth try, it's still , I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS

@Rosie Posie
I will give you one
Yoda

@Ruby Jane
Roseanne?
SHUT UP

@Rosie Posie
What? I'm just suggesting 🀷

━━━━━━━━

@rubyjane: I think I'm finally getting a hang of it

@Rosie Posie
Wow, that looks amazing, Princess.

@Ruby Jane
You're still here?

@Rosie Posie
Yeah, why not

@Ruby Jane
πŸ™„

@Rosie Posie
Keep up the good work πŸ’™

@Ruby Jane
Thank you but shoo

Art block is really a , It feels like there is something hidden in the back of the mind but she can't knock it out and put it into work. She lied she didn't get a hang of it. She trying to get something out of this clay and mud for so long, now she is exhausted, and also she is so damn hungry. She pouted and rubbed her tummy when her stomach rumbled loudly.

She looked up when a knock on her door distracted her, Just as she put down her pencil, and supported her armrest to get up the door swung open with a loud voice, she rolled her eyes already knowing who was, and slump back on the chair.

"Baby, I got some appetizer-" she cut herself and frowned at the brunette. Jennie was surprised when two big hands cupped her face, squishing her cheeks. "What got you to look so pale?"

"I'm not in the mood, Roseanne" she slapped the hand away and turned around. "I am not getting anything done here"

"It's fine jendeuk, you still have tomorrow"

"It's your fault, you keep on distracting me"

"I did? Sorry" she giggled, making the brunette click her tongue at the blonde. Roseanne retrieve the plastic bags she brought with her from the doorstep "Good thing I bought you snacks then, as a sign of apology"

"Leave them at the doorstep" she answered without taking a glance "I don't wanna see you"

"Too late, I'm already here"

"Cover your face then"

"No" she slumped on the bean bag next to Jennie's shelf of miniature models and rummaged through the bag searching for something.

"God, why are you such a bothersome"

"Relax, I don't bite" She smirked, and Jennie wants to wipe that damn smirk off that face "Unless you want me to, of course"

"ROSEANNE"

"I'm kidding" she laughed, pop opened a bag of gummy worms, and gave it to Jennie, "Here"

Jennie looks so angry and pouting, But Roseanne is sure that she will get a hold of her when Jennie sees the goods she brought. Jennie snatched the packet from her with an angry huff.

"See? You are enjoying it, that's how you do it, the gummy worm style" she circles the table and stood in front of her. "I am an expert in it. She's angry? Gummy worms, she's sulking? Gummy worms, she doesn't want to talk to you? Gummy worms..." Jennie glared at her, and she backed a little "...and a safe distance of approximately ten feet if you don't wanna get murdered brutally by a killing mandu on the loose... it's horrible you don't wanna experience that"

"What is she even talking about" she mumbled to herself, but Roseanne heard it, she giggled before getting a snack for herself.

"Nothing, Enjoy your snack" Roseanne smiled and was suddenly startled when her bag was snatched from her.

"It's mine, you don't get any snack, punishment for annoying me"

"I don't mind, those are all for you" she laughed.

"Duh"

Suddenly Roseanne's cell phone rang, indicating that she needs to go.

"Hey, princess. I'm going back to work, can't wait for you to say goodbye anymore, because they are already called me in"

"I don't care, I don't wanna say goodbye anyway"

"Ooh, cause you don't wanna see me go, don't you?"

"No, I just don't wanna see your face"

"Ouch" Jennie turned around when she heard a hard clamp to see Roseanne kneeling on the ground, dramatically clenching her heart with a hurting expression on her face. "You are breaking my heart, Jenbear. Over and over again, aren't you getting tired of it already?"

She rolled her eyes for the nth time of the day "Nah, I like doing that to you"

"Oh, so you like doing things to me" she got up from the ground, easing her heart like it's nothing "Alright I get it"

"And there she goes twisting my words again, turning it into a good thing when in actuality, IT'S NOT"

"It is what it is there is nothing we could do about that"

"Whatever, just get lost, shoo" she waved her off, already getting tired of her existence here.

"God, you are so cute. Buttercup, fine I'll go now, Don't forget our date, I'll pick you up at 7"

And then she is out of the door.

"Do I really have to go?" Jennie mumbled to herself in a low voice.

"Yes"

"You are still here?"

"Forgot to close the door, but I promise you'll have fun"

"I better be, but seeing you are the one who I'm hanging out with, I doubt it will be fun"

"Yesterday's event speaks differently"

"How many times do I have to tell you, I.DIDN'T.ENJOY.IT" Roseanne laughed at the emphasis of words and the expression on her grumpy face.

"Stop lying to yourself, Jenbear. I know you did"

Jennie rolled her eyes and shook her head. Roseanne smiled she know how Jennie smiled throughout yesterday.

"See you soon, Love" she whispered, before shutting the door. Jennie barely heard anything before the door closed, but she bit back a grin before focusing on the work.

───※ ·❆· ※───