Chapter 5

Seven Date nights

"You gotta be kidding me"

"No, I'm not" Roseanne giggled, pulling her car over the little bridge and crossing the road to the parking lot

"This is indeed so much better than a spaceship"

"See, I told ya muffin, so, do I get a kiss?" Roseanne pursued her lips, Jennie ignored her and got out of the car, her bunny ears headband jumped along with her. Unlike Roseanne wearing a bear one who is pouting.

"Here, take a pic of me" Roseanne took her phone and snapped a pic covering the landscape of the castle behind her. "Jisoo unnie is gonna so jealous"

@rubyjane
Just in the happiest place on the earth

Just a few seconds after she posted the pic on her Instagram, both of their phones pinged with a text message in the group

"Told ya"

"You are right, baby"

Park- Kim-manoban family

Jisoo
Did you go to Disneyland without me? 🥺

Jennie
😜
Jealous unnie?

Jisoo
BABY TAKE ME TO DISNEYLAND TOO

Lisa
Now? 😅

Jisoo
YEAH NOW
JENNIE AND ROSEANNE ARE HAVING FUN ON THEIR OWN WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN

Roseanne
No date crasher sooya ❌
BOOOOOO 👎

Jisoo
Shut up Roseanne, you don't own Disneyland

Roseanne
Tonight we do 😜 Didn't we agree not to crash on anyone's date?

Jisoo
Ugh fine
But we are going to Disneyland this week, Lili

Lisa
Noted baby 😗

"Ahhh, I LOVE IT HERE ALREADY" Jennie screamed, practically skipping on her every step. Roseanne is capturing every moment in her video cam.

"I'm glad you are too happy, baby bear. See I can't get a clear picture of you".

"Well, stop with those pictures, and come on, let's try some rides. We got no time to lose" Jennie grabbed her forearm and dragged her further inside, toward the carousel. And Roseanne just lets her do whatever she wants.

"Okay, kiddo. Relax"

After waiting for a few minutes in line, they finally got into the carousel, once they both settled in horse and ride started even though it was a small ride for everyone's liking, and Jennie is enjoying it. But Roseanne got a little woozy and held her stomach, shutting tight, trying not to throw up in the middle of the ride. It must be the rice and chicken curry she had for lunch which is acting up, Jennie noticed it but she can't get down and go to her, she is two rides before her, and once the ride stopped, they both got down together.

"Are you okay-" Roseanne rushed to a nearby washroom and shut herself in one of the stalls, throwing up all the content. Jennie joined her at the back with a bottle of water. Pulling her hair back and rubbing her back.

"Tsk, such a weakling" she tied Roseanne's hair into a loose bun, and once Roseanne finished she held her head and settled on the floor.

"It was too woozy for my liking"

"Wanna go home-"

"Nah, I feel much better now" Roseanne smiled, and Jennie held her chin and wiped with the tissues, and gave her the water bottle. "Then get your up, we have a long night ahead"

Roseanne grinned from ear to ear, making Jennie roll her eyes. "Wash your mouth, I don't want any smell of puke near me"

━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'm not going in there" Jennie hung onto a pole on the sidewalk of the horror house.

"Baby, we are. I bought the tickets" Roseanne tried to drag her, but Jennie's grip was strong on the pole, she even locked her right leg with the pole. Roseanne sighed when Jennie shook her head abruptly. "Now who is being a weakling"

Jennie shot a death glare at her, Roseanne just shrugged and pulled her from the pole with the latter whining. Darkness engulfed them when they reached the gate. And Jennie hid behind Roseanne clutching at the back of Roseanne's polo shirt tightly as they entered.

At first, everything was silent, but they went further inside until they reached a hallway, with Roseanne's first step at the door of the first, the lights turned off with an electric blaring noise. Further away at the last Jennie saw a girl dressed as a nun moved from one side to another. Panic rushed through her spine.

"We are not alone here" she muttered in a low voice. As Roseanne hummed in response.

"Of course, we are not, we are in a horror room, there will be someone dressed as a ghost or a vampire"

"Nun"

"What?"

"Someone is dressed as a Nun" Jennie pointed to the end of the hallways, Roseanne can't even clearly see Jennie in the dark, she reached for the torch that the attendant gave to them which is the only one they have. When Roseanne pointed it in the direction. A sudden masked ghost hung and dropped from the ceiling. Gaining a blaring scream from the brunette.

Jennie quickly punched the thing hanging in the front and ran further leaving Roseanne behind. The blonde took the torch and tried to follow the brunette. But she is missing. Jennie paused two hallways and turned around to see no one in sight, Tears started rolling from her eyes. Scared of being left alone in this darkness.

"Rosie?" She was scared, but she has to get outta there, she started walking calling Roseanne along the way, once she reached a door at the second corner she reluctantly opened it to find it empty with just a single white metal chair with a white cloth covering it.

She was about to close the door when the white cloth started to levitate in the air and later was thrown at the right side of the wall where a picture of a skull was drawn in blood. The blaring electric sound was heard again making Jennie run and cry for help.

"Rosie? Where are you?" She cried but no response, she came to a halt in the last turn when she saw the block letters of a t-shirt and slowly looked up to see a mascot standing right in front of her.

"Boo" A voice whispered from behind, scaring the out of her, Jennie threw her hands to attack only to be caught by a pair of strong arms.

"Baby, it's me" Roseanne smiled but frowned seeing wet cheeks with bloodshot eyes, Jennie looked terrified and scared as hell. Jennie threw her arms at Roseanne and hugged her tight, and the latter reciprocated just as tight as her.

"Hey, what happened, munchkin"

"Get me out of here" Jennie sobbed, mumbling the sentence in the crook of Roseanne's neck.

"You cried because of this? That was silly" Roseanne is trying so hard to stop the laugh which is bubbling in her chest.

"THE MONSTER WERE APPROACHING ME" Jennie pointed at the back but still the hold is tight on the latter's waist. Roseanne just shrugged the mascot doll in front of her here and moved it aside.

"They are just mascots, babe. You don't have to be scared" Roseanne laughed cupping Jennie's cheeks and wiping them. As Jennie sniffled and pouted. "Let's get outta here, I found the way out"

Once they were out Jennie pushed her away, taking a deep breath, wiping the tears on her cheeks and a pair of cat eyes glared at Roseanne once she started laughing out loud.

"I hate you , I hate you so much" Jennie started punching Roseanne on her chest, but the latter kept laughing.  "Why did leave me there? Why did you take me there in the first place"

"Aw, argh. Come on, sweet cheeks. that was so cool" Roseanne caught her hands which is flying and hitting all places they can find. Jennie sniffed and looked away. "Also you called me Rosie, I like that name coming from you, call me that again"

"No" Jennie blushed, turning her ears red

"Aw, please?" Roseanne pouted and showed her puppy eyes.

"No"

"You are the one making me cry now butterfly"

"And I know you are not, you dramatic " Jennie released herself from the blonde's hold and turn around walking away.

"But you still have to buy me something, cause you lost the bet, you screamed your lungs out in there"

"Shut up"

━━━━━━━━━━━

"That was so cute, Princess. Thank you" Roseanne squealed and jumped, wearing the toy story t-shirt over her black crop top.

"For a BET, That you won cause you cheated, you cheater"

"It's luck and pure talent no need to be bitter about it buttercup"

"Whatever" She rolled her eyes, annoyed by the blonde already, escaped from the creep house and trapped with a creep.

"Hey" Jennie turned around, and Roseanne gave her a cotton candy, Jennie took it from her with a frown. "Wait for me here, I need to use the restroom"

"Wha- hey!?" Jennie yelled but Roseanne was already out of sight. "How dare she left me here"

A few minutes later, when Jennie finished feeding herself the cotton candy, she started to look for Roseanne, Many rides got her sight but she can't get inside without the blonde.

"How can a person leave the girl alone on their date, she is a red flag, I'm crossing you out, Rosie" she mumbled doing a cross sign in the air, on her way to the restroom, gaining weird looks from the passerby.

But her steps came to a halt when she found an artist painting on people's faces, her eyes dropped more to the person now she is painting on now.

"Restroom, huh?"

"Hey, cheesecake" Roseanne smiled, turning to show her cheek, where an almost finished hello kitty was drawn. "Want one?"

"You said you are going to the restroom"

"I really did go to the restroom, I just passed by this sweet lady who paints on faces so I stopped by to try it out myself" Roseanne grinned and got up once she finished. "Wait, are you jealous? You can get one though"

"In your dreams, now come on"

Roseanne whined in protest when the brunette dragged her, taking her to the castle. The prince and princess will soon walk down the aisle in the west wing. Roseanne and Jennie sat at the bench waiting for them.

"Also why would I be jealous, I don't even like you"

Roseanne gasped, clutching her heart "Easy with the heartbreaking, Princess. We are at Disney land, the happiest place on the earth"

"I don't care"

Jennie took her camera once the characters started to walk along the pathway. Starting from the first animations to recent ones.

"Hey, Minnie mouse, who are you taking pictures of?"

"None of your business, shoo"

"I'm jealous" Roseanne gave her puppy dog eyes.

"Of Mickey mouse? As you should be"

"Just because you are wearing mouse ears!?" Roseanne gasped removing her bear ear headbands "That's it we are switching headbands"

"We are not switching headbands, Roseanne"

"Yes, we are"

"No, just shut up"

Roseanne pouted and looked away, eyes glistening, and scowled, huffing and crossing her arms, Jennie rolled her eyes. Grabbing the bear ear head band and switching it with Roseanne.

"I'm just kidding" Roseanne moved closer, throwing her hand over her shoulder, Jennie did a show of biting it, but the latter just pinched her cheeks. She didn't like it, The brunette turned and bit her shoulder. Roseanne scrambled against her.

"Argh, Ow, that hurts Jendeukie" Roseanne grabbed her head and pushed her back.

"Then stop annoying me"

"Oh, look Rapunzel" Jennie's head snapped back, only to get rolled her eyes when the princess is not there. "Her hair is not that long, wait why it is black"

"That's Gaston, you idiot"

"Oh" Roseanne giggled and shrugged, gaining a glare from the brunette

"No wonder I'm hanging out with such a weirdo at this night"

Roseanne smiled and remembered something, that she had to be in the office after this, so she glanced at her time and her eyes went wide "Oh my God" Roseanne shot up from her seat, making Jennie frown.

"It's almost 10, we should go"

"Already!?" Jennie pouted, looking up at her, and Roseanne swooned at that.

"Baby, we will come sometimes again okay?". Roseanne cooed at her, and Jennie sighed and got up.

"Can we stay here for a little while?" Jennie asked her with pleading eyes, Roseanne can never say no to that.

She took her to the Bridge and let Jennie enjoy her time. Jennie excitedly jumped on the railing and sat there, Roseanne came behind her hugging her waist, secured in the place.

"When is the first time you came here?" Jennie asked looking down at her.

"Oh I-" Roseanne laughed awkwardly at that "I came with my girlfriend when I was in college"

Girlfriend?

"Oh," Jennie gulped, feeling uncomfortable at the silence and the tension surrounding them.

"Yeah" Roseanne nodded, Jennie looked down at her who is avoiding her eyes at every cost.

"Rough breakup?" Jennie pondered, Roseanne laughed out loud at that, the sound would have been music to Jennie's ears on different occasions, but it's so nervous and awkward now.

"I wish I had that instead" Jennie frowned, confused at that statement.
But before Jennie can strike a question at that she was picked up from the railing "Let's go"

'Whatever it is, Roseanne's last relationship didn't end on a good note' Jennie thought, her heart beating differently and fear raising for an unknown reason.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

It was almost midnight when they finally reached Jennie's house and the tiny brunette was already sound asleep. A few quiet snores were heard by Roseanne and she silently laughed at how cute Jennie looked right now, all cuddled up in her seat. A blanket was wrapped into her tiny body that Roseanne got from the trunk of her car, thankful she packed for such emergencies like these, and a small pillow was placed under her head, to make her more comfortable in her sleep. Her hair was all over her face and her tiny arms were hugging Roseanne's kangaroo plushie that Roseanne gave her when she was asking for another pillow to hug. Roseanne smiled at that sight. She wanted to just stay there and seize this adorable moment forever but she knew she needed to say goodbye.

She gently taps the girl on her shoulder, trying to find out if she's still awake. And when she heard mumbling noises coming out from her, she quietly removed her seatbelt and leaned closer to whisper, "Hey, princess, you're home."

"Hm? We're home?" Jennie mumbled, eyes still closed as she moved a bit from her seat.

Roseanne nodded. "Yeah, so we better get you to bed now. Can you walk? Or do you want me to carry you to your room?"

"I can walk," she answered almost gibberish, then after that, she dozed off to sleep, snoring like a baby.

Roseanne silently laughed. She knew Jennie's gonna be in a deep slumber by the time they get home so this doesn't come as a surprise to her anymore, considering how tiresome their whole night was. Not wasting any more time, and thinking how Jennie badly needed to rest, Roseanne quietly went out of her car, circling to open the passenger's door. She carefully removed Jennie's seatbelt before carrying the tiny girl in her arms.

Jennie's house was locked, but Roseanne knew someone was home. She knocked on the door three times and waited till they opened it for her.

"You're getting heavier, Jenbear," she whispered mostly to herself, then laughed when she heard Jennie slightly groan and nuzzled closer. Nothing gets past those tiny ears. Even asleep, her senses when it comes to Roseanne are heightened to a different level.

The door opened after a few moments and revealed a much tinier Kim rubbing her eyes while yawning. She gave Roseanne a tired smile then stepped aside to let her in.

"Seems like you both had a really good time, huh," Jisoo said, eyes following Roseanne walking upstairs.

Roseanne chuckled. "Yeah, she got hyper when we got there and ran around like a little kid."

"Well, she's still a little kid," Jisoo said, walking towards the kitchen.

When Roseanne reached Jennie's room, she gently laid her down on her bed. She removed her jacket and shoes and pulled the blanket to her body tucking her in and kissing her forehead before leaving.

"Hey, you sleeping here tonight?" she asked when she spotted Jisoo. She was still in her work clothes so Roseanne guessed she probably wouldn't.

"Nah. I still have tons of paperwork to finish so I'll probably leave in an hour or two. I just came here to check on her."

"Ah. I see." Roseanne hummed. Then she looked over outside the window before turning back again on Jisoo.

"You want me to stay here with you and drive you to your office later? I didn't see your car outside."

Jisoo shook her head, walking closer to the tall blonde. "No, it's fine. You don't have to do that. It's late and I know you have work tomorrow. So you need to sleep, Roseanne. Besides, I could just call Lisa to drive me later. I'm sure she's still up."

Roseanne gave her a worried look. "Are you sure?"

Jisoo nodded, her lips turning into a smile.

Roseanne mirrored her, then yawned when she finally felt sleep and exhaustion taking over her. "Well, in that case, I should probably head home now. I still have," she glanced at her wristwatch, "4 hours to sleep before I start working on my designs"

They both head to the front door, Jisoo tailing behind her. She gave the older woman a peck on the cheek before walking outside the house.

"Call me if Lisa's already asleep, unnie. I'd be willing to drive you if she is."

"Alright. Take care, Roseanne!" Jisoo responded, waving Roseanne goodbye.

She waited til Roseanne drove away before she went inside, sending Lisa a text message as she went on to check her sister upstairs.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jennie woke up but didn't get up from the bed, she is longingly staring at the ceiling, wondering who is the mysterious girlfriend of Roseanne's. Does she make Roseanne so happy that the breakup hurts the blonde so much? That girl is a fool to leave someone like Roseanne. But Roseanne never answered the question about her breakup.

"I wish I had that instead? what does that mean?" Jennie crumbled, throwing the sheets over her head, Jennie mumbled incoherent sentences, annoyed by Roseanne disturbing her thoughts too.

Her phone pinged with a notification, she crumbled, rolling off to take her phone.

Pain in the
Open the door baby girl
I brought food

Love❤️
Don't annoy me today Roseanne
I'm tired
I'm not in the mood to argue

Pain in the
I'm not annoying you
Didn't you see my text
I said I brought breakfast

Love❤️
I'm not hungry
And what the hell are you doing here
AGAIN

Pain in the
I'm taking you to your studio

Love❤️
No, you are not

Pain in the
Princess
No one is taking you there but me
Jisoo unnie is busy with something you know

I'm here to save the day
For my princess😉

Love❤️
I hate you
Both of you

Pain in the
I know
So you ready?
Your food is getting colder

Love❤️
What breakfast did you bring me?

Pain in the
Your favorite
Mandu hehe

Love❤️
Yum 🥺
Okay fine
I'll open the door
But don't talk to me
Cause I won't be able to talk back properly I'll be busy devouring my breakfast

Pain in the
Yes ma'am
So It's true what they say:  the best way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Love ❤️
Roseanne

Pain in the
Yes, princess

Love❤️
Shut up

───※ ·❆· ※───