Chapter 2

I Need You

They are now settled in the restaurant and its private. She is amazed at the setting of the restaurant it’s so fancy and there is a piano at the side facing the dinner table. The boys are eating like they are a family, talking some things and Yoongi is actually serving her food and this is all new to her. BTS boys are thinking about Yoongi’s actions since before. They know that their hyung is soft but not to all people.

“Mr. Min, that’s fine.” She said.

“You know; I am not used to hear other people calling hyung as Mr. Min.” said Jungkook as he stuffs some foods in his mouth.

“Hyung must be really respectable person since Y/N shi calls her like that.” Jin teases Yoongi.

“You guys are so harsh.” Yoongi replied. “Why don’t we change it, Y/N ah from now on you will call me oppa.”

“Oh?” Y/N blinks her eyes.

“Well you should call us oppa too!” Jimin added with a smile.

“I agree.” Taehyung added.

The dinner went well and they know things about each other. They are already eating dessert when Namjoon asked something from Y/N.  “Y/N shi, is it possible if you will play something for us?” he asked with pleading eyes.

Y/N is happy tonight so she decided that yes, she will play something for them. She gets into the piano and placed her hands over the keys. She decided to play Blood Sweat and Tears. The boys are amazed and Jimin decided to record it. Y/N is actually in control of her hands right now and she was able to play the song is a good way. The hands are not stiff just like the other day. It’s like she is performing for her recital.  There is a proud smile in Yoongi’s face as he watches Y/N play. She is good since she is a kid but due to the accident something changed to her. She sometimes forgets so many things.

“She is good.” Jin whispers to Yoongi.

“I know, and I am sure she can get a name in the industry.” Yoongi replied. “I am willing to help her.”

“Hyung, don’t tell me you like her. A different like.” Jungkook asked.

Does he like her that much? Or in a romantic way to do things for her? He is attracted to her but he knows that she thinks of him as an older brother, just like the way she treats him before when she is still a kid.

The boys are mesmerized by her music and as it ended applause was heard and Y/N bows in front of them.

“I love it.” Taehyung said. “You are really good Y/N shi.”

“Your style.” Jimin said. “Same as Yoon shi’s”

Y/N looks at Yoongi and the latter nods at her. “Yoon Aera, is my mother.”

The BTS boys are speechless, they look at Yoongi but their hyung just smiles at them. They are wondering like how come Y/N is like this to Yoongi if they knew each other all along.

“Oh my gosh.” Jimin went to her and hold her hand, “You are her daughter. Nice to finally meet you.”

“Thank you Jimin oppa, for liking my mother’s music. For not judging her despite of what others said.”

“No problem, I know she will not do that.” Jimin smiles. “I will wait for your music too.”

“Then we can call this a night.” Namjoon conclude.

“I’ll take Y/N home and you guys go home too okay.” Yoongi added as he pats Namjoon’s shoulder.

“Thank you hyung for the food.” Jungkook said to Yoongi.

“Yoongi oppa.” She calls. “I can go home.”

“No, I will take you home.” Yoongi said sternly. Y/N didn’t argue she just follow the latter to the parking lot of the restaurant. She looks at Yoongi’s back she is giggling to herself. Yoongi looks so attractive this night wearing that black ripped jeans and just a white shirt. His hair is styled normally and his pale white skin looks perfect.  “Y/N ah.” Yoongi calls as he saw her staring at him. “Come on, let’s get you home.”

She enters the car and then Yoongi follows. The drive home is silent while they are listening to piano music. Y/N really feels happy tonight because of the boys and about Yoongi.

“So we are here.” Yoongi said as he stops the car in front of Y/N’s apartment.

“Thank you for tonight Yoongi oppa.” She said as she bows her head a bit.  She’s about to get off of the car. But Yoongi reach out to her hand. “Oppa?”

Yoongi opened the small compartment of the car and gets something from it. “This.” he showed the envelope to her. “This is for you.” He said in a serious manner. Y/N hold on to the envelope. “Open it.”

Y/N opens the envelope and her eyes sparkles as she saw the content. “A ticket?” she looks at Yoongi. “Oppa you are having a recital?” Yoongi smiles at her. “And I am invited?”

“Of course you are invited, who am I to forget you. I want you to be there and there are other people there who I want you to meet.”

Y/N is deeply touched about Yoongi’s antics. “Oppa, you don’t need to do this but thank you.”

“Also.” Yoongi reaches out something at the back seat. “Here. I want you to wear this on that day.”

Y/N is really blushing at this time. Yoongi is enjoying seeing her like this. “Go ahead, you need to get some sleep.”

Y/N nods at him. “Thank you Oppa.” She then gets out of the car and waited for Yoongi to drive off. She enters the apartment with a smile on her face. She looks at the ticket and then she brought out the dress from the paper bag. She is amaze on how beautiful the dress is.

 

Days passed and both Yoongi and Y/N are busy in their own lives. Yoongi was able to pass the songs before his deadline and now he is focusing to his recital.  He is more inspired because Y/N is going to be there. Yoongi is inside the Genius lab in Hybe building he is playing his pieces and so into the music. The boys asked him already about their thoughts last dinner, Yoongi explained that when he met her again she didn’t recognize him. So he assumes that maybe the accident before is the reason.

On the other hand, Y/N is also doing great in school. She and Henry are staying late to do some extra practice for the recital. She is not stressing her hands just like what Yoongi told her. She also not sure but all this time she is thinking about the latter.

“How come you got a chance to watch his recital?” Henry asked as they are in the coffee shop, he asked her to eat out since they had long hours of practicing.

“It’s a secret where I got the ticket. Someone just gave it to me.” She replied as she eats her food. “Mr. Min is really good in playing the piano and I really like him.” She said. Henry is not aware that she knows the Pianist personally.

“Here we go again in your crushes.” He sighed. “But kidding aside yeah, he is really good at it. And his music is so nice.”

“I know! And it’s nice to see him too.” she day dreams about Yoongi. “I am sure he will look good during the recital.”

“Aigoo, you are head over heels to him. But don’t you know the news?”

Y/N tilts her head as she looks at Henry. “News?”

“Neh, That Yoongi is seeing his ex-girlfriend again.” Y/N furrows her brows. “You are not believing me? Look.” He showed her his phone with an article on it.

“Min Yoongi was seen with a girl few days ago.” She read and looks closely at the photo. “Oh my gosh!” she screams a bit.

“I told you.” Henry added.

She is surprised about the news but she is more surprised to see the features and outline of the girl. Even the date where the photo was taken. It’s the night where she had dinner with all of them. She looks for other photos and luckily no one took a photo of her. If she is exposed it can bring humiliation to Yoongi. Here she goes again comparing her to his ex-girlfriend. She is an actress so she knows that she is prettier than her.

“Mr. Min is not dating someone now Henry ah.” She said to him. “I assure you.”

Henry just nods at her.

****

Finally, the day of the much awaited recital came. The boys are there to support their hyung. Since this is a formal event they are all wearing formal clothes. Yoongi is not the nervous since he is doing this since before and he likes what he is doing. He is actually waiting to see Y/N but she is not around as of the moment. He is going to perform the piece that Y/N is studying which is ‘I need you’ and other pieces that he composed.

Y/N actually arrived in the venue, it’s the National Theater and you are one of the famous people in the country if you are able to perform in that place and he actually got the spot. Yoongi became a professional pianist at the age of 20 and now that he is already 29 he already established a name for himself, all thanks to Y/N’s mother. The one who pushed him to chase his dream.

He can see the people already settling to their reserves seats. He will be accompanied by professional orchestra to give additional flavor to the music that he will play. 

Y/N saw her seat number and it’s in front. She saw the people around her, there are actors and other people that are famous for their chosen industry. She remembers her mother; she can recall that she is able to do some recitals before too. She settles into her seat.

“Y/N ah.” Jimin greeted her.

She smiles at him and saw the other boys at his back. “You guys looks so good.”

“So are you.” Namjoon pats her head.

“Yoongi oppa gave the dress.” She said shyly. “Hmmm where is he?”

The boys are giggling to themselves they knew something is on and they are not that sure if Yoongi is courting Y/N. “Yoongi hyung is in the dressing room, I can bring you there.” Hoseok volunteered.

“Is it possible?” she asked hesitating.

“Of course! I am sure he will love to see you before his performance.” Jin replied as he nods at her.

“Come with me.” Hoseok said as he offers his arm to assist her and Y/N gladly hold on to him.

Yoongi is calming himself tho he is used to do this. He is looking in his cellphone and saw an old picture of her and Y/N. The latter is still young and smiling widely in the photo.  “If you could just remember the good old days.” His thoughts are interrupted as the door opens revealing Hoseok.

“Hyung.” He calls. “Someone is here to see you.” He said and he opens the door widely. There he saw Y/N standing shyly and wearing the dress that he personally picks for her. She looks so gorgeous in it. Her hair is styled with curls at the bottom part of it. He is speechless and just staring at her. Hoseok noticed how his hyung is looking at Y/N. “So I guess I’ll see you on stage hyung.” Hoseok said and winks at his hyung.

Y/N then steps inside the room. She looks around but she is mesmerized by Yoongi’s look, his hair is styled and he can see his expose forehead. He looks so natural and his earrings suits him well. But one thing is not properly fixed, his necktie.

“Its suits you very well.” He said giving her an approved smile.

Y/N walk closely to him. “You look so well yourself oppa. But something is off.” Yoongi raised his eyebrow at her. Then Y/N reaches out to his necktie. “This is not properly fixed.” Yoongi was surprised about her action. He looks at her and she can see a smile on her face. “Now there, you look so stunning.”

“Thank you.” He said and the latter looks at him. “Thank you for being here.”

“No oppa, thank you for inviting me and for letting me experience this kind of things. I saw many famous people outside and they are waiting for you.”

“You can do this in the future too.”

Y/N just gave him a smile. “I will oppa, I will make my mother proud and you too. I better get back to my seat. The oppas are in my row.”

“Neh, I specifically chose you to be with them so you won’t be alone.” He nods at her. “Now go back, the show will start.”

After cheering Yoongi, she goes back to her seat and she saw the theater is almost full. She peacefully settles in her seat and then the host of the night enters and introduces the orchestra and Yoongi. Yoongi then enters the stage and bows in front of the people and he settles in the Piano. Yoongi is known for his mastery in the classical Piano music, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven those are his things.  He enjoys playing all of those. When he is playing his piano he is like being transported to a different world. The world of music which is his first love. And the way he plays those pieces also transports the people to the right emotions.

Yoongi started of the recital by playing Chopin’s Nocturne op 9. No. 2.

Ref# https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29JUpsOSTE

Y/N is majoring classical music in Piano so she knows the pieces and there is a smile on her face as she watches Yoongi, the way his hands places in the correct piano keys are very pleasing to her. He is almost perfect as she defines. After Nocturne he plays Fantaisie Impromptu, Chopin Op. 66.

Ref# https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gus4dnQuiGk

It is relaxing to her ears. Applause was heard after he plays. Y/N is really focused in the recital, she is observing how he plays and she was blown away when he plays Liszt - La Campanella. Ref# https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Dvg2MxQn8

It’s a difficult piece and you need to use your fingers and hands nonstop. He knows that he is good but not this good. Perfection. The BTS boys are looking at her reaction, her eyes never left Yoongi.

The young pianist plays few more classical pieces before he dives into his own composed pieces. Y/N looks around her and she saw the facial expressions of the people around her. They are also amaze and satisfied to Yoongi’s performance. Another highlight of the night is when Yoongi play a piece of Aera, titled “A mother’s love” it is actually a piece that Aera composed for Y/N during her pregnancy to her, the piece talks about the mother’s unconditional love to her unborn child, that she is willing to do everything for her child. And that brought tears to Y/N’s eyes and left the other people surprised. They know that Yoongi likes to try variety of songs but playing Aera’s piece is unusual since the issue broke out.

All throughout the performance Yoongi is thinking about Y/N. Yes, he is in his own world but he wanted Y/N to be in this world, the world that she deserves. He glances at her from time to time and he can see her satisfied face. More of an amazed face, so he is literally in his zone to perform.

The perfect sound of the orchestra backing him up and the perfect notes the he is playing is seriously a world class performance. He is smiling from time to time and the people watching him find it new because when he is playing he is always serious and he never smiles.

The recital lasted for 2 hours, 2 hours of Y/N’s best moment of her life. Yoongi was given a standing ovation after performing so well. The people who attend the recital are very pleased and their money didn’t go to waste.

Y/N is really satisfied; she is more inspired to do well in her recital in school. The people are slowly going home and the BTS boys bid their goodbye to her. But her mood got spoiled as he saw the person, the person who is the reason for her mother’s suffering. She was frozen in her spot seeing that PD and his wife. Her gaze is focused to the girl. All memories came back to her when that girl accused her mom in national television and other stuffs that she said to them. She is trembling and emotions rushed to her body. She wanted to confront her she wanted to curse at her but she cannot. She is trembling and her fist balls because of her anger. Her eyes follow them until they are able to get out of the theater. She sits back again in the chair and looks at her trembling hands. She didn’t notice that her phone is ringing and slowly the people around are going home until she is the only one inside and the lights are starting to turn off.

Yoongi has been calling her right after the show since the BTS boys said that she is still in the theater. He is not sure what happened to her because she is not answering. He decided that he will stay in the theater and look for her. So there he finds himself going inside the theater lights are off but not the one on stage where the spotlight is lighting the piano. But his cat eyes caught someone in the chair. And he knew its Y/N. He dashed towards her and saw her looking into her hands. “Y/N ah.” He calls but she is not responding. He kneels down in front of her, he can see the tears coming out of her eyes.

His heart is broken as he saw her like this. Y/N is not looking at him; she is so pre occupied by the things that’s inside her mind. He holds on to her hand and that is the time she looks at him. “Oppa.” She sniffs and then she hugs the latter. “I saw them.” She said. Yoongi knows who she is talking about and she rubs soothing circles behind her back. His warmth calms her down and she loves the fact that she is so near to him. 

Yoongi gives her time to calm down while hugging her, when he felt that her breathing calms down he released the hug and wipes her tears. He is not usually like this but for her he is different, his soft side is coming out. “Please, stop crying. I am sorry if they are here.”

Y/N snaps back into reality and look at Yoongi. “I am sorry.” She said and sighed. She looks around and saw that they are only the people in the place. “Hmmm we are the only people here.”

“Come on.” He said as he holds on to her hand and assisted her to the stage. Y/N just follows him and there they are standing in the middle of the stage with the piano beside them. They are looking in front of the chairs. Y/N looks at Yoongi with wondering eyes. “Look.” He said as she stands behind her back. “Soon, you will be able to perform in a huge crowd.” He whispers at her. “You will be able to show them how good you are and how fascinating your music is. We will show them that you are the daughter of Yoon Aera.” Y/N looks at her side and there their face are inches away. Yoongi is looking at her lips.

Y/N is mesmerized by his eyes. “Thank you oppa.” She slowly steps away from him.

“Come.” Yoongi pulls her slowly to the piano he sits on the chair and pats the side of it. Y/N smiles and sit beside him. “Duet me.” He smiles lovingly at her and place his hands on top of the keys. He started to play Canon in D major. Ref# https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGJJymr93s

 Y/N is smiling as he looks at Yoongi. The first one to play is Yoongi and then she joins in. The music that they are emitting is so beautiful. They are both lost in their world. From time to time they are looking at each other, smiling at each other. And this time Y/N hands are really soft and it is really in the flow. All this thing is new to her but she likes it.  They can be a great duo if Y/N will pursue her career as a professional pianist. Yoongi loves to hear their music together.  It piece lasted for 4 minutes and once it finished they have this beautiful smile on their faces. “Very good.” Yoongi whispers.

Y/N is so happy and then she looks at Yoongi. And then again they got lost in each other’s eyes. Yoongi slowly leans forward to Y/N and Y/N grip her dress and she closed her eyes. She feels Yoongi’s hands to her cheeks, she is waiting for something. Or she is waiting for him to kiss her. And then she felt something landed to her forehead. It’s actually his lips. “Let’s get you home now.” He said and Y/N opens her eyes and nods at him. With that get out of the theater and went home. After dropping her off to the apartment Yoongi goes home.

Y/N is so happy that night but then her happiness fades away when she saw her things outside of her apartment. “What?” she looks around but didn’t saw people around. The room is lock and few of her things are outside. A suitcase where her clothes are in and her other things, the music sheet and all and there is a letter saying that the building should be vacated since it was already bought by someone. “Oh my goodness why now?” she said as she slams down on the floor. She doesn’t have a place to go, she cannot ask Henry to crash in their house. And she doesn’t have enough money to get an apartment and now especially.

She didn’t think about anyone none other than Yoongi, she knows this is too much but she actually had no choice.