Chapter 1

I Need You

It’s just a normal day for Yoongi to spend the who day inside his ‘Genius Lab’ he is a successful Producer and he earns millions because of his songs. He lives alone and not that sociable when it comes to other people. However, there is one person whom he trusts. None other than the house keeper who is Yoon Y/N a 23-year-old student who is also a Yoongi fan because of his music. She regularly cleans the house and wash the latter’s clothes.  She is a student in classical music in Seoul University. And right now he is doing her chores in the Min mansion.

Yoongi didn’t hire other house servants tho the house is really big, other parts of the house are closed and not allowed to get inside. They seldom talk but he is treating her nice. Y/N knows things about Yoongi, she knows how the latter was broken when he breaks up with his actress girlfriend. He is actually crushing over him since he became famous, she pursues learning Piano because of him and her mom.

“Mr. Min.” she knocks on the door. “I brought you your coffee.” The door opens revealing a Yoongi with disheveled hair.

“Thank you Y/N ah.” He gives her a small smile and closed the door again.

Y/N pouts in front of the door. “Mr. Min is always hardworking.” She said as she went back to the kitchen, she prepares some food that Yoongi can reheat once she is not around. Also she is allowed to use the things in the house. The best thing that she always uses is the piano in the living room. She knows that the Genius lab is sound proof so Yoongi won’t be able to hear her.

The favorite piece that she is playing is Yoongi’s I need you. She really like it in the piano. However, since she hardworking sometimes her hands stiffen while playing the keys. She is also studying for their upcoming recital; she needs to get a good grade and perform well so she will be able to get a high rank in school.

Yoongi is actually being stressed as of the moment because of the deadlines that he have in their company. He needs to submit the songs that he wrote for their group BTS and that is due in few more days. “ deadlines.” He said as he brushed his hands to his hair. He decided to get out of the lab to get some fresh air, as he opens the room he heard the Piano. He can specifically hear the wrong keys in it. He slowly walks down stairs and there he saw Y/N’s back, she is sighing since she keeps committing the mistake.  Yoongi saw that she balls her fist in frustration. He knows that she is a student in classical music and things like this is very crucial for them.

Y/N sighed and looks at her trembling hands. “You are not supposed to be like this.”  Tears are starting to form into her eyes. She closed her eyes and the tears fell.  “Umma.” She whispers. Her mother is a professional pianist but sadly she passed away. She is known in the music industry but since she died others forget about her.

Yoongi felt sad towards her. He slowly walks towards her, Y/N is still crying and she was not able to notice that he sat beside him. She is surprised when the piano keys sounded and she opens her eyes, she saw Yoongi playing the piece in front of her. “Mr. Min.” she whispers and wipes her tears. She looks amazed at Yoongi, this is the first time that she sees him playing so close. She looks at how his hands press the keys of the piano.  He can also feel the message of the song and he knows where to put emphasis in the keys for the specific parts. He is definitely a good pianist.

“My heart is beating so fast. Mr. Min is so good in playing.” She said to herself while smiling.

As Yoongi finished the song. He looks at Y/N, now the latter is getting nervous. “Do not cry.” He said. “May I see your hands?” Y/N blinks her eyes at him. “Come on don’t be shy.” Y/N nods and shows her hands to him.  Y/N flinch as Yoongi holds her hands. “Your hands are stiff; it’s too worked up. You need to lessen the stress.” He started to massage her hands.

Y/N is trying to hide her blushing cheeks because of what he is doing. She is really nervous being around this close to him, he can see his features. His cat’s eyes and pale white skin. She slowly retracted her hands from his grip. “I am sorry if you heard my mistakes.”

Yoongi gave him a smile. “No worries, we all commit mistakes. Just let your hands rest and don’t tire them so much.”

Y/N eagerly nods at Yoongi. “Ahhhm are you hungry Mr. Min?” Yoongi pursed his lips. “Yes you are hungry.” Y/N chuckles and get off of the chair and walk towards the kitchen.

Yoongi looks at her. He knew that she has a huge potential when it comes to music.

***

“Are you ready?”

Y/N was surprised as her best friend Henry placed a hand on her shoulder. “You surprised me Henry ah.”

“You are so serious.” He said as he holds on to his violin case. “Still thinking about the final recital? Its 2 months away.”

“I know, but my hands are so stiff and I can’t even play the piece perfectly.” She pouts.

“We can actually practice if you would like.” He offers. Henry is another genius when it comes to music. He is already composing on his own. He majors violin and he is friends with Y/N.

“I know but I am trying to do it alone.” She replied with a sad smile. “I need to learn alone.”

Henry sighed. “Why do always need to isolate yourself. And besides you don’t need to live like this, you are the daughter of the famous Pianist.”

“That was before Henry, you remember that they trashed my mom’s name and they did something bad.” She replied not looking at him. “I can do this alone. I will show them.”

Y/N is determined to get back the reputation of her mother. Her mother died in an accident because of false accusation. She was 12 years old that time when they are going home at night, her mother was accused to be a mistress of one of the producers in the industry too.  That night she is not sure what happened or someone destroyed the brakes of their car and by that they got into an accident, her mom is the one who directly hit and dead on the spot. While her, she damaged her hands that is why she is having a hard time playing and she somehow forgets something from her past.

She wanted to be a professional Pianist too. She wanted to get some revenge to the Producer who accused her mom.

“Miss. Yoon.” Her thoughts came back when she heard their professor. “Are you okay?”

“Ahh neh, I am sorry.” She replied and then focused again to the topic.

 

Another normal day inside the Hybe building. But it’s not for Yoongi. He is really focused in finishing the songs for the boys.

“Yoongi hyung.” Jin calls, the elder of the group. “Did you sleep well?”

“Wae?” Yoongi replied as he looks into his monitor typing something.

“You look so pale.” Jimin said. “Aside from your real color.” He added while laughing.

“Yah Park Jimin. Don’t start you little .” Yoongi replied as he looks sharply at the latter.

Jimin blinks his eyes and shuts his mouth. Hoseok and Taehyung are laughing at him.

They are inside the Genuis lab in the office where Yoongi is continuing his work. The boys are slowly getting into the process of singing the first songs that are finished.

“Namjoon ah did you finish your rap part?” Yoongi asked.

“Neh hyung, just doing the finishing touches.” The leader smiles at him.

Suddenly Yoongi stops what he is doing when he remembers someone, and that someone is Y/N. a smile crept into his face.  The BTS boys looks at each other.

“I guess hyung is in love.” Taehyung whispers at Hoseok.

“I heard you Taehyung ah.” Yoongi replied. There are times that he just remembers her, tho they are not that close now and seldom talk to each other since he is really busy. He knows that the latter is so into music and Piano. He himself as a pianist knows that the latter is having a hard time as of the moment. She knew Y/N but he is not sure why the latter forget about him.  He is thinking deeply when his attention caught by what Jimin said.

“You know Yoon Aera?” he asked out of the blue. “I actually like her, she is a great pianist but then the issue killed her. I don’t know where is her daughter now, she has a daughter right?” he is looking at his phone screen. “I love her music.”

Yoongi remembers that the death anniversary is near and he is not sure how will Y/N will react. Yoongi is young when he met Aera, Aera is a piano teacher and Yoongi is her student, best student we can say. She is the one who see the potential in him. He is 15 years old when he met her and became his teacher.  While Y/N is 9 years old. A cute kid who is friends with him. But after the accident something came up that she didn’t remember him.

Aera is his teacher for three years before she died in that tragic accident. He is still eighteen that time and about to graduate high school. He lost contact to her since that accident and he just recently found her again, knowing that the latter is already a college student and she is not remembering him. It saddens him a bit but he didn’t ask her anything. Also he is really checking about this accusation towards Aera.

“They said she is a mistress of another PD right.” Jungkook asked.

“She is not.” Yoongi said sternly. “Yoon Aera is not as the others think she is.” He stops what he is doing and looks at the boys. “She is a good person.” The BTS are looking at him surprised. Yoongi sighed. “Aera songsaengnim is the first person who believed in my talent. I know her when I was 15 years old. And those are only accusations, the false one that gets her life.”

The BTS boys are speechless, they didn’t know that Yoongi is associated with the late pianist. “We’re sorry hyung.” Jungkook said.

“That’s fine, I just don’t want to hear things like that. It’s a set up and I know it is.” He sighed and then went back to face his monitor.

***

Y/N is lying on her bed looking at her hands. It is trembling on its own. “Why this hands are always trembling.” She sighed. There are things that she needs to do but she is lying on her bed doing nothing. On her table are the music sheets of her mother. Y/N is all alone when her mother died, all the possessions that they have are lost because she is just a minor. She changed places and home and at the young age she learns how to be independent. However, she knew there is something missing. Like something that she cannot remember.  It’s also been days that she didn’t see Yoongi since the latter is not calling her.

Also her mom’s death anniversary is coming and she needs to visit her grave and pay some respect. She is busy thinking when her phone beeps. She looks at it and it Yoongi asking if she can go to the Hybe building. She has tons of things to do but she decided that she will go since Mr. Min is looking for her. She has so many problems to deal with but she will think about that later.

She grabs her jacket and hurriedly went to the said building. It’s one ride from the place that she is staying tho. As she arrived in the place she is greeted by the receptionist.

“Hi good evening, how can we help you?” asked the girl.

“Ahmmm I am here looking for Mr. Min.”

“Ah! You are Miss. Y/N.” she nods and the latter handed her a pass. “This is your visitors pass. And I’ll have someone to you upstairs.” Y/N nods at the girl and then a guard assisted her.

Yoongi was informed that Y/N is already on her way to meet him. He is inside the practice room with the BTS boys. Slowly the door opens revealing Y/N with the guard. Yoongi smiles as he saw her. Y/N is there standing looking at the boys. It’s her first time to see them and she is so star struck. The boys also look at her, wondering who she is not until Yoongi walk pass them.

“Mr. Min.” she smiles shyly. “They are BTS right.”

Yoongi chuckles at her, which he seldom does. “Neh, it’s nice that you came.”

“Is there anything that you need to let me do? I can do some stuffs in the mansion if you want.” She offers.

Yoongi shake his head. “Aniyo, you are going to have dinner with us.”

“EH?” she is surprised. “Is that even allowed? I am just a normal person.”

“And so do we, all of us are just a person. You need to be associated to some people Y/N ah. You wanted to be a professional pianist right? You need to be familiar with some people.” Yoongi looks at the boys and gestures them to come forward. “Boys, this is Y/N my friend.”

The BTS boys look at each other. First time that their hyung introduces a friend to them, which is girl. Other than his ex-girlfriend.  The boys introduce their selves and Y/N is so happy to meet them. Who wouldn’t they ae international stars.

“We already booked the restaurant, a private one and I am sure you will enjoy the food there.” Namjoon said to her.

“Don’t be shy to us. This is the first time that hyung introduces us to his friend.” Hoseok said as he gives her his sunshine smile.

“Did I mention that she is a great pianist too?” Yoongi is really building her self-confidence.

Y/N shake her head. “Aigoo don’t believe Mr. Min. I am not that good.” She replied.

“Are you really a good one? Can you play something for us?” Jimin smiles and looks at her hand. “I love listening to piano music. I actually love the late Pianist Yoon Aera.” JImin is not afraid to show and to give his opinions.

Y/N widened her eyes as she heard it. “You do? You like her?”

“Of course!” JImin replied. “I have her tracks and videos of her performances. I went to her fansigning before and she is so pretty and kind.”

Y/N smiles at him but the boys noticed that her eyes are glistening with tears. Yoongi is just there looking at her. This is his intention, to make the latter realize that her mother is loved by other people.

“Did I say something wrong?” Jimin asked.

“No, Jimin shi. I actually like her too.” She replied with a smile.

“Wow nice! So you play her pieces?” Y/N nods at Jimin. “Hyung your friend is so cool!”

“Okay okay let’s go now before the night ends.” Yoongi said to the boys and they go and fix their things so they can leave.

“Mr. Min.” she calls. Yoongi looks at her. “Thank you.”

“No worries, you’ve done so much for me too so this is just a payback I guess. And I am waiting for you to be confident and show the people around who you are.”

Y/N smiles. “I will. I will make you proud.” She said shyly.

“I will wait for that.”

 

****