Chapter 1:

Angels Cry || Seventeen x Twice Fanfic

Present:

 

Nayeon stepped out of the taxi with her bags, scanning the school's dormitory. She let out a long sigh, both of excitement and a bit of anxiousness. It's been 8 years, she's finally back in Korea. I hope I can finally meet him again. 

 

Why should you meet tho? After all those hurtful words you've said, do you still expect to be friends? 

 

She pushed her thoughts aside as she enters the building. She walked her way through the long corridor until she reached a room with a sign: Dorm Master's Office

 

She knocked on the door before entering.

 

"Come in!" Said the lady without looking at her. Her eyes didn't leave the pile of paper works on her desk. Nayeon noticed the name plate on her desk - Lee Ji Eun. She's in the right place.

"Annyeonghaseyo." she shyly greeted the lady, "Uhm I'm Im Nayeon. I'm a new student."

 

The lady lifted her face to look at Nayeon. Nayeon could not hide her surprise. With her tiny nose and soft cute features, she looked young enough to be one of Nayeon's classmates. Her aura, however, showed maturity.

 

"Oh, I've been waiting for you. Sit down" She stood up, leaving her paper works. She pulled one of the drawers on the side of the room and scanned the folders. "Im Nayeon." She took the folder with Nayeon's name and went back to her desk.

 

Nayeon patiently waits while her dorm master reads her documents, "Sooo, you're from the US?" 

 

"Yes, I lived there for 8 years." She politely replied.

 

"Hmm, you speak korean fluently though. I think you'll get along well with the other girls." She hands Nayeon the key to her room.

 

Nayeon sighed in relief as she takes her key, "I really hope so."

 

Ms. Lee discusses some dorm rules before leading Nayeon to her room. They pass by a few number of rooms where they were greeted by students, some curious about the new girl.

 

"Here it is. Your room mates might be out. Dinner is at seven. Curfew starts at 8pm." Ms. Lee opened the door for her, revealing a cozy minimalist room. 

 

Nayeon thanks her before she leaves. Smiling with optimism, she scans the room and chooses one of the two double deck beds. She unpacks her things on the lower deck, her mind swirling with thoughts as she organizes her stuff. 

 

Gosh! Is this even for real?! The thought of her going back to Korea felt unreal until now. The thought of visiting Jeonghan terrified her. What if he pushes me away??

 

"Nooooo!" She buries her faces on the clothes she unpacked. Luckily, there was no one in the room to witness her weirdness. 

 

She shakes her head, trying to calm herself down. 

 

*bzzzzt* *bzzzzt* she reaches out for her phone. Dad calling...

 

"Appa, I'm got the dorm safely. I'm unpacking my things." She reasurres her dad. 

 

"Great! How's the place, sweetie? Are they treating you well?" Her dad sounded like his daughter is in her first day at a day care center. She's always been a baby to him even tho she's 18 already. 

 

"So far so good, I've only met the dorm master. My room mates might arrive later. Don't worry dad, I can look over myself." She misses him but at the same time, she felt like she needed to be independent this time. After all, she's a now a grown up.

 

"Can't help it, sweetie. You're miles away and you're gonna live with strangers!" There's his dramatic voice again, he sounded like a mom. 

 

She closed the cabinet as soon as she finished transferring her things, "Relax, Dad, I can make friends with my room mates." She's always been the first to approach people so it won't be a problem. 

 

"Alright, stay safe always, okay? Call me anytime, sweetie! By the way, have you checked the address I sent you? You sure can go there alone?"

 

"Yes, Dad, I'll figure it out." She sounded confident but deep inside her heart has been pounding at the thought. 

 

"Okay, I hope they're still there. You know, I wasn't able to catch up with your uncle in years."

 

"I hope so too, we'll see. Dad, I'm done packing. I'm going now, I'll give you an update." She puts the bag of chocolates in her small bag. Can't go there empty handed, knowing her bestfriend loves to eat. Or shall we say ex-bestfriend?

 

"Okay, sweetie! Tell me when you get back to the dorm, alright?" 

 

"Yes, Dad. I'm going. Love you! *mwah*" she kissed the phone as if it was her dad.

 

"Love you, sweetie!" She ended the call then checked her small bag. This is it, Nayeon! Calm down!

 

She leaves her room with the door locked and got her self a taxi. It took them 30 minutes to reach Gyeonggi. The path became more familiar to Nayeon as they got nearer to Jeonghan's place. A part of her longed for him and a part of her was scared. Gosh! Am I really gonna do this?

 

FLASHBACK:

 

Nayeon steps out of the house and looks at it one last time. Maybe it was better to leave. It feels harder the longer they stayed there. It's been a few weeks after her mom's death and she still could not get over it. Her parents have been planning to move to the US for quite some time now she pleaded her parents to stay instead. She couldn't leave Jeonghan. However, with the memories of her mom's death and with what Jeonghan did yesterday, she finally gave in.

 

How could he? She still couldn't understand why he did it. He always played pranks but this was too much for her to take. Jeonghan, of all people broke her trust. 

 

"Sweetie, it's time to go." Nayeon's dad lightly touched her cheeks as he carried one of their bags with the other hand.

 

She nodded and took a last took at their house.

 

"NAYEONNIEE!" It was Jeonghan. He put down his bike and run to her, panting. She didn't say a word. 

"Yo-you're leaving?" Jeonghan stuttered, looking at the bags being loaded into the car. "Was it because of the flowers?"

 

She didn't want to remember it. She walked past him and headed to the car. She stopped when Jeonghan grabbed her hand, she couldn't look at him. She stared at the ground, her eyes slowly blurring because of the tears building up in her eyes.

 

"Nayeon, please, I'm sorry." Although she couldn't see him, she knew he was crying. 

 

"I don't want you to leave. Please stay." Both of his hands grasping her little hand.

 

"I regret being friends with you. I wish I never knew you." Tears started rolling down her cheeks as she pulled her hand away. 

 

"Nayeonnie." She walked towards the car, her heart felt heavy as she moved.

 

"Dad, let's go." It was almost a whisper, was too dry.

 

"Okay." Her dad loaded the last bag. 

 

Just before he went inside the car, he walked towards Jeonghan. He lowered himself to reach the boys' small stature and wiped his tears, "Jeonghan-ah, it's been a hard time for Nayeon. Maybe she just needs some time to get over what happened. You can still be friends." 

 

"B-but she hates me." He graped for air in between his words.

 

"Trust me, she'll forget about it." He pat the boys head as he stood up. "We'll be leaving, okay?"

 

Jeonghan bit his lips at the thought of his best friend leaving. Nayeon's dad went inside the car and the engine started. Before he knew it, the car had already left. His best friend had left him. 

 

It took a moment before he grabbed his bike and went home.

 

Nayeon and her dad reached the airport. They still got a few minutes before their flight. She was silent the whole time when her dad received a call.

 

"Hey, we are now at the airport. Is Jeonghan home? He came at our house before we left." It was Jeonghan's dad.

 

He stood up after hearing Jeonghan's dad's answer, "Wait, what?? But a few hours had passed, he's supposed to be home by now." 

 

Nayeon suddenly felt a jolt on her stomach.

 

"Goodness gracious, try looking around our house. He might still be there... okay okay. Give me an update when you get there." He ended the call and sat on the bench, worry visible on his face.

 

"Dad?" Nayeon tugged on her dad's shirt.

 

He pulled her towards him and gave her a comforting hug. Different scenarios flooded her head while they waited for news about Jeonghan.

 

*riiing* 

Nayeon's dad immediately answered the call. "Hello, did you find him?"

 

Her dad fell silent for a moment, his hand covered his mouth in disbelief. 

 

"Dad, what happened?" Her stomach clenched.

 

Her dad stood up,"Are you on the way to the hospital?" He walked away from his daughter, not wanting her to hear their conversation, "Stay here." 

 

Nayeon watched as her dad moved to the corner, talking with Jeonghan's dad on the phone. 

 

What happened? Is he ok? I shouldn't have pushed him away. She instantly regretted what she said.

 

"Passengers for 7p.m. flight to Los Angeles, California, please proceed to the departure area. Passengers for 7p.m. flight to Los Angeles, California, please proceed to the departure area."

 

Nayeon's dad went back to her and gave here a faint smile. He started picking up their bags.

 

"Dad, can we go see him?" Nayeon tugged on his shirt with watery eyes.

 

He knelt and held her daughter's cheeks, "Nayeon-ah, we have to go. Promise, I'll ask your uncle for updates."

 

"I-I shouldn't have pushed him away." She sobbed as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

 

"Shhh" he pulled her into a hug. It's just been a few weeks after his daughter cried non-stop because of her mom's death and now this, "Everything is gonna be fine honey. But we have to go."

 

"Dad, please. Please!" She cried louder, scared she could lose him too. 

 

She panicked when he carried her and gave their bags, "Dad, please!"

 

"Ma'am, we're here." 

 

I snapped out of my deep thoughts upon hearing the driver. I stepped out as soon as I paid him.

 

Here it is! I'm finally doing it! Nayeon swallowed hard before finally stepping forward to the gate. She knocked 3 times, hoping for someone to answer. After a few seconds without a response, she knocked once again.

 

"Excuse me? Are you looking for the Yoon family?" A lady in her 50s approached Nayeon.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." She greeted the lady, "Yes, Ma'am. Do you know if they're home? No one seems to be responding."

 

"Oh, they left 2 years ago. They've already sold the house. From what I've heard, the family transferred to Seoul." Her heart sank upon hearing the news. So I don't get to see him after all?

 

"Oh, I see. I might have to go then. Kamsahamnida" She thanked the lady and bid her goodbye.

 

Eeeeh, how am I supposed to find them? She leaned by the gate in defeat.

 

She went back to the dorm, disappointed. She waited for years to finally make peace with Jeonghan. She even rehearsed lines in her head only to find out that they left. So this is how it feels to be left behind. The 10 year old Jeonghan flashed in her mind. Was this how he felt that time? Actually, Nayeon, it was far worse.