Chapter Twelve (END)

Beauty of My World

"Okay," Jungkook breathes out. "It's done," he adds, out of breath. 

 

From the sounds and duration of it, Taehyung believes him. He stands up and using his white cane, walks over to where Jungkook is. He reaches his hand out until it touches the polyester wall. "And the firewood?" 

 

"All set up and ready for the bonfire," Jungkook tells him. "I'll light it up whenever you're ready." 

 

"Can you light it now?" Taehyung pulls his hand back and walks toward Jungkook. 

 

"Sure," Jungkook replies. 

 

As Jungkook works, Taehyung sits on the lawn chair beside him. "Thanks for helping me with this. It means a lot to me," he appreciates. 

 

"Mmh," Jungkook hums. 

 

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier," Taehyung apologizes. 

 

Jungkook chuckles softly, "It's fine." It's silent as the fire slowly crackles to life. "Besides, as much as I don't want to say this, he does match you better than me."

 

The comment almost tugs the corner of Taehyung's lips up, but he restrains himself. He hears Jungkook stand up. "Okay, the bonfire's all ready. You should go get Seokjin." 

 

"You don't want to stay?" Taehyung asks.

 

"No," Jungkook declines. "If I stay, it won't be romantic."

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung inhales for ten seconds and then exhales for another ten seconds. His whole body feels weird. He keeps shaking and can feel his nerves eating him from the inside out. 

 

After Jungkook left, he quickly went to go get Seokjin. However, now that he is standing outside of their bedroom where Seokjin is located inside, he's starting to second-guess himself. 

 

He doesn't want to be overstepping Seokjin's boundaries and come off too strong. Yet, he also wants to sway Seokjin and show him that he cares about him a lot—more than he ever cared for anyone else. 

 

As if understanding his mission, his heart calms down a bit, allowing him to function properly and knock on the door. Taehyung quickly rehearses what to say in his mind before Seokjin reaches the door. 

 

"Yes, Taehyung?" Seokjin's voice greets his ears as the door opens.

 

Taehyung's mouth stays agape for a second before he speaks. "Uh...would you like to spend the evening with me outside?" The silence is deafening and he can only focus on the rushing of nerves eating at him. 

 

"...Sure."

 

As they walk together down the stairs and out to the backyard, Taehyung starts to feel a lot better. Even though Seokjin doesn't say anything else, he feels better just by having him agree to be with him.

 

He opens the door for Seokjin, letting him step out first. He hopes that Seokjin likes it. When thinking of ways to get closer to Seokjin, he thought of spending an evening out together with nature watching over them. But he knew he couldn't prepare everything with him lacking the sight to do so. That's why he asked for Jungkook's help. 

 

Taehyung knows they've arrived when he hears the bonfire's soft crackling. "Do you like it?" he asks, eager to please Seokjin. Seokjin doesn't say anything so Taehyung takes a couple of more steps towards the crackling of the bonfire. "I asked Jungkook to help me set this up," he gestures in front of him. 

 

"I like it," Seokjin finally says at last. "It's nice." Beaming, Taehyung sits down on one of the lawn chairs situated in front of the bonfire, telling Seokjin to do the same. Once Seokjin sat down, he reaches into the mini cooler by his feet and takes out two cold drinks. He opens one and gives it to Seokjin who thanks him before taking it.

 

Taehyung opens the other bottle for himself and takes a sip. The crackling of the bonfire and the chirping of the crickets provide a calming atmosphere that helps Taehyung speak. "Have you gone camping before?" 

 

"No," Seokjin answers. "Have you?" 

 

"Yeah," Taehyung pauses as he regains old memories. "I used to go camping all the time with my parents. They loved the outdoors so we would go whenever possible." His heart fills at the thought of his parents again. "The family tradition stopped when my omega dad got sick."

 

He takes another sip of his drink before continuing. "I became very sad after my omega dad passed." He feels a little choked up as he recalls his pain. "I became even sadder when my alpha father sent me away at the age of thirteen. Overseas, I isolated myself and became very angry. I didn't understand why my alpha father would suddenly turn me away at such a vulnerable time.

 

When I returned, all I could feel was anger and resentment at his action. Instead, of trying to understand the grief he was also dealing with, I just pushed him away. Then I lost him. I lost him and I felt even worse. I even lost my eyesight and my alpha senses. I didn't want to live anymore. I was exhausted with regretting everything. I was all alone...or so I thought," he took a breath. 

 

Turning his head to Seokjin, he continues. "You helped me realize that it wasn't my fault. It wasn't anyone's fault for what happened. Although everything has changed, I should still live and live my life to the fullest. I should still search for the beauty of the world. Thanks to you, I've let go of my anger. I learned how to grieve properly and learned to love what I have. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be who I am today." 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

Seokjin feels touched by Taehyung's words and realizes that Taehyung has changed dramatically since they first met. He isn't moody and dismissive of Seokjin anymore. Instead, he's happy and caring. 

 

"You told me that you'll only leave when I see the beauty of the world again," Taehyung reminds Seokjin of his words. "I see the beauty of the world but I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay and continue being the beauty of my world." 

 

Seokjin's eyes widen and he feels a wave of emotions consume him. Taehyung blushes as he adds, "Can I know now if you accept me as your one and only?"

 

Seokjin's heart skips a beat and he has to stop himself from answering right away. "Taehyung, I..." his voice is weak, having not spoken much. "I need to tell you something," he manages to get out. 

 

Taehyung smiles excitedly, "What is it?"

 

Seokjin doesn't want to ruin the mood, but he has to tell Taehyung. "I don't want to disappoint you."

 

Taehyung's smile fades and he seems confused. "What do you mean?" 

 

"It's just that," Seokjin can't bear to look at Taehyung and turns away. "You're not the first person I've been with."

 

"What does that have to do with us?" Taehyung questions. "I don't care if you were with others before me, I just care if you want to be with me now," he says softly as if still scared Seokjin will reject him. "Do you?" 

 

"I-" Seokjin stops himself. "You don't understand." He avoids looking at Taehyung from the corner of his eye. "It's just that every time with my past relationships, I've disappointed them." 

 

"Disappointed who?" Taehyung asks, sounding concerned. 

 

"Alphas," Seokjin lets out softly. Tears come to his eyes. "All the people I've dated were alphas just like you," he whispers, afraid of what Taehyung would soon think. "And every time they got tired and bored with me. They all left me..." He looks up at the night sky, urging his tears not to fall. 

 

"I won't leave you, Seokjin," Taehyung speaks up. 

 

"You don't know that," Seokjin refutes bitterly. He hears Taehyung stand up. Seokjin closes his eyes as he wills his tears not to spill as Taehyung leaves him. His hands clenches in his lap, scared of the pain.

 

Yet, he feels a pair of warm, loving hands caress his hands. Slowly, Seokjin opens his eyes to find Taehyung kneeling in front of him. His head is raised as if to look at Seokjin. 

 

"For the first time, you're wrong. I know that my love for you is infinite and knows no boundaries. You're my one and only. I love you, Seokjin and I will never leave you." Gently, Taehyung brings both of Seokjin's hands up to his face and places a loving kiss on them. 

 

Seokjin feels tears threaten to spill, but they're not out of sadness. Instead, they are happy tears that fade away as he embraces Taehyung. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin and Taehyung have transitioned from being at the bonfire to being in the tent since it was later now. In the tent, there were two sleeping bags next to each other which Seokjin and Taehyung were already laying in. There was a single lantern, providing warm and soft yellow lighting. 

 

Both Seokjin and Taehyung are laying on their sides, facing each other. Their hands are interlocked and laying between them. "Ever since we were at the bonfire, a warm feeling has enveloped me and it's still with me," Seokjin notes softly. 

 

"That's odd," Taehyung starts with a small smile. "I feel that same feeling too." Seokjin smiles and never has his heart felt fuller. So this is love. "Seokjin?" 

 

"Yes, Taehyung."

 

"Do you remember that night we were together and I helped you with your heat?" Taehyung asks, bringing a flush to Seokjin.

 

"Of course I do," Seokjin says, no longer abiding by his past rule of never speaking of it again. "I remember how beautiful you were in the moonlight, how you kissed me dearly, how you held me tenderly, and how you called me 'Jin'."

 

Taehyung's smile brightens. "I was afraid that you forgot about it since you never let me speak of it and demanded that we forget about it." 

 

The corners of Seokjin's lips lift slightly out of embarrassment. "So did you forget?" he asks, hoping that Taehyung didn't. 

 

"Not a moment," Taehyung answers. "It was my first time kissing someone and first time being intimate with someone." 

 

At this, Seokjin's eyes widen. "Y-you didn't tell me," he stammers.

 

Taehyung laughs. "It didn't matter." He shifts so that he's now laying on his back, keeping their hands connected. "Can you tell me more about your past relationships?" Seokjin's taken aback by this and unsure if he wants to tell more. "I want to know you better," Taehyung continues. "I want to understand how to love you best." 

 

Seokjin smiles as he speaks, "You have a way with words, don't you?" 

 

"I just say what's on my mind," Taehyung says. "And it just happens to be that you're always on my mind." 

 

Seokjin smiles again, pleased. "Okay, I can tell you." He takes a breath before starting. "My first relationship was during my third year of high school. He was a new student. He was handsome and quiet, making him mysterious. I liked that but being shy myself, didn't do anything. He became a part of my friend group. Yet, our friend group was big and we never really spoke alone until one time. There was a group dinner at a restaurant and after it, my friends still wanted to hang out. They suggested going to karaoke.

 

However, I needed to study for an exam and so I declined. He also declined, saying that he needed to study too. We walked to the bus station together and waited together. That's when he told me he liked me and that I had a sweet scent. 

 

I was happy. It was the first time anyone said that to me. So we hung out a couple of times behind our friends' backs and eventually started dating. But one month in and I didn't feel the butterflies anymore. He never really spoke to me in the way you do to people you love or have a deep liking to. 

 

He continued speaking to me the same way as when we first met like I was just a friend. But I just brushed it off because it was a small thing. I also brushed off his pet names although I disliked them. I didn't like how "my omega" and "my wife" were used. I'm more than an omega and I'm not a wife. Most of all, I was hurt that he never seemed to want to hang out with me. Whenever we were together, he acted like it was a chore.

 

When I told him how I was feeling, he got really angry and reminded me that I am just an omega who should obey and listen to him, an alpha. He dumped me afterward.

 

I was hurt and kept my distance from people. I didn't want to get hurt again and get reprimanded for 'not acting like an omega'. I tried to stay away from alphas. 

 

During my first year of college, I had a part-time job at a cafe where I met my second boyfriend. From experience, I stayed away from him at first since he was also an alpha. But he was friendly and nice to everyone. Our shifts were during the same time so we were always working together. 

 

He always asked how I was doing and always helped me out whether it was dealing with rude customers, cleaning up after closing times, or just helping me with the orders. Working late together, we would always just talk. It was nice. 

 

One night I got called in to cover for someone. I went in and all the lights were off. But a trail of candles led me to the back room where he was, holding a bouquet. He gave me the flowers and asked me to be his boyfriend. It was romantic. 

 

We then dated for two years until I...found out that he got engaged to someone behind my back. When I confronted him, he told me that I was too closed-off and boring." Seokjin has just been looking up at the tent, avoiding Taehyung. "Ever since then, I concluded that I'm better off alone..." Seokjin exhales, realizing that he's been holding his breath. He turns back to Taehyung whose brows are pinched together, his lips turned down in a frown.

 

"I'm sorry that happened to you," Taehyung says, his expression still sad.

 

"It's okay. It's all in the past." For a long time, Seokjin just felt pain and suffering whenever he thought of his bad rapport with alphas. Even when he met Taehyung, he was wary of him. "I was unsure of you too when we first met. But then I realized that even though you're an alpha, you're different." Yes, he was hurt by alphas. But that doesn't mean that since Taehyung's an alpha, he will hurt Seokjin too. 

 

"Of course I am," Taehyung agrees. "I love you more than they did." 

 

Seokjin smiles, "I know." He looks down at their interlocked hands. "You proved it to me. You showed me how much you care and love me. I always end up smiling because of you. I love you, Taehyung." He lifts his head off his pillow and leans forward, pressing a loving kiss to Taehyung's lips. Taehyung kisses him back. 

 

Seokjin feels so light and like a feather dancing in the breeze. He's missed Taehyung's kiss. For the first time, he can finally enjoy their kiss. 

 

They part but Taehyung eagerly wraps his arms around Seokjin, holding him close. Only an inch resides between them. "Your lips are like cherries," Taehyung describes, causing Seokjin's cheeks to redden. "Better, even," Taehyung adds with an endearing smile.

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

"What did the doctor talk to you about?" Taehyung asks Seokjin. They have just arrived back on the plantation after Taehyung's doctor's appointment. Now, they were walking to the maple tree.

 

"Nothing much. He just told me how your condition is," Seokjin says. 

 

Taehyung knows that his blindness is not a permanent condition and that once he gets new corneas, he can see again. But, he can't help feeling a little bad for Seokjin. "Seokjin?" Seokjin hums in reply. "Do you think I will be able to see again?" 

 

"Yeah," Seokjin answers. "You just have to wait a bit."

 

Taehyung nods, making note of his hopefulness. "What if something happens and it turns out that I may be blind forever? Will you still stay with me?" 

 

He doesn't blame Seokjin if he's unsure of what to do. Taehyung knows that it's hard to be with someone whose sight is absent. Besides, he doesn't want Seokjin to be taking care of him for the rest of their lives if he can't regain his sight again. That's also why he's tried to be more independent so that Seokjin doesn't need to be his caretaker. 

 

"Even if you're blind forever, I'll stay," Seokjin tells him, much to his heart's content. "I'll stay because I love you and that's the only thing that matters." Taehyung can't help it as a smile lights his face. 

 

He inhales and the familiar scent of maple dances around him, signaling that they're near the tree. Holding Seokjin's hand, he stops as he arrives at the maple tree. 

 

"Hi, Dad," he greets. "I know that it's been a while since I last visited. From our last visit, you could probably tell that I wasn't doing very well. But you don't have to worry anymore. I'm doing very well now. I'm healthy, safe, and happy." He pauses as Seokjin's familiar cherry blossoms and strawberries scent tickle his nose pleasantly, causing the corners of his lips to turn up slightly.

 

"This is Seokjin," he introduces. "He's been diligently taking care of me and is the reason for my well-being now. I love him a lot, Dad."

 

So much so that he struggles to fall asleep at night, thoughts too occupied with him. 

 

~~~~

 

"A present?" Taehyung feels the box that Seokjin placed in front of him. "What for? It's not my birthday." 

 

"I know. I just wanted to give you something since I never did before," Seokjin explains. "Now, open it," he tells him enthusiastically. 

 

Taehyung chuckles. "Alright." His hands first wander the neatly wrapped present, feeling its smooth wrapping paper and big velvety bow on top. Slowly, his hands find the edge of the lid. He lifts it off carefully, setting it aside. Before he can reach into the box to pick up his present, he hears a quiet, yet unmistakable bark. His mouth opens and he lets out a gasp. "You got me a dog?!" he exclaims excitedly.

 

"Yeah," Seokjin laughs. "You said you wanted a Pomeranian." 

 

Eagerly, Taehyung reaches inside the box. His fingertips brush the soft coat of the Pomeranian. Carefully, he lifts the small dog out of the box. "Hi~" Taehyung coos, bringing the dog to his face. He laughs as he can feel the dog the tip of his nose. 

 

After some time of playing with the dog and naming him, "Yeontan", Taehyung sets the dog down to explore his new home. 

 

"Thank you," Taehyung thanks Seokjin. 

 

"You're welcome," Seokjin says with a smile in his voice. "Maybe now you don't have to tell me to 'fetch' anymore." 

 

Taehyung's embarrassed and ashamed as Seokjin recalls an old memory. "Sorry..." he says, feeling his face heat up. Seokjin laughs, making his cheeks warmer.

 

"It's okay. You already said sorry back then," Seokjin says. Taehyung can feel Seokjin interlace their fingers together as he rests his head on Taehyung's shoulder. Seokjin's aroma surrounds him in a sweet embrace. 

 

~~~~

 

"Where are you taking me?" Taehyung wonders aloud as Seokjin continues leading him by hand. 

 

"You'll know soon," Seokjin chirps.

 

Taehyung smiles at how adorable he is, willingly following him. They come to a stop after a while and Taehyung can tell from the ground beneath him that they're far from the house now. 

 

"We're here~" Seokjin announces. 

 

Taehyung ponders over their location. It takes him a minute but then he hears the singing of blue jays and feels something by his feet. "We're on the strawberry plantation, right?" 

 

"Yeah," Seokjin confirms in delight. He bends down and tugs Taehyung's hand, making him bend down too. "You were right. The strawberries are now fully grown and the flowers are in full bloom. Just like you said, they helped each other grow." 

 

'Just like us,' Taehyung thinks, smiling to himself. 

 

They stand back up. "Do you remember when you asked me what the doctor talked to me about and I told you it was nothing?" Seokjin asks Taehyung. 

 

"Yeah, and?" Taehyung questions, wondering why Seokjin would bring it up again. Could it be that he kept something to himself?

 

"Well, that wasn't exactly true. The doctor gave me a note," Seokjin explains as he lets go of Taehyung's hand. Taehyung can hear what sounds like paper as Seokjin says, "I'll read it to you."

 

He's nervous about the news but composes himself as he awaits Seokjin's delivery. "The patient, Kim Taehyung, has lost his alpha senses shortly after a car accident. This is unusual, yet not uncommon for there have been documented patients with the same condition. The senses, in a matter of time(which could take months to years) shall return. However, the causes of this condition have never been understood fully. Unscientifically and not proven medically, though, many believe that the senses return upon meeting one's particular person (or mate). Many with this same condition stated that their sense of smell came back upon meeting their soulmate."

 

Taehyung's thoughts can't fathom properly. But he immediately reaches forward, finding Seokjin and hugging him tightly. He presses his face into the crook of Seokjin's neck, smelling his scent once again. Yes, there's no doubt about it. Seokjin is his soulmate. 

 

"I love you," Seokjin declares as Taehyung's hold loosens. He pulls away and Taehyung can hear the strawberry bushes nearby rustle as Seokjin speaks again. "Will you take back your words about us being married only on paper?" Taehyung's eyes fill with tears, knowing that Seokjin's on one knee and knowing his next question. "Will you marry me and let me be your husband for real?" 

 

Taehyung can't speak at first so he resorts to nodding eagerly as tears spill. "Yes," Taehyung says through his happy tears. "I'll marry you Seokjin." 

 

~~~~

 

The wedding was small, consisting of Seokjin's dad and mom, Yoongi, Hoseok and his girlfriend, Hyunjoo, Jungkook, and Yeontan. It was on Taehyung's plantation. Though small, it was beautiful as Jungkook did his best to decorate it according to the couple's liking. The wedding cake was made by Yoongi. The food was cooked by Seokjin's mom and dad. 

 

After saying their "I do"s, they ate cake and ate food. They danced and everyone was enjoying themselves until night arrived. Taehyung and Seokjin thanked the guests and said goodbye to them. Finally, the newlywed couple was alone. They made sure to lock up and turn everything off. They played with Yeontan until he became tired and fell asleep. 

 

Upon Taehyung's request, they decided to spend the night in the small house where they used to. Taehyung went in first as Seokjin shut the door and locked it. He lowered himself until he was sitting on the tiny mattress once again. Nostalgia flowed through him at the familiar bedding. He could hear Seokjin proceeds towards the bathroom, instead of sitting down with him. "Where are you going?" he asks, sad at his departure. Despite today being all about them, they hadn't much time to just talk to each other, having to entertain the guests. 

 

"I'm going to wash up and prep for bed," Seokjin informs him. "It's quite late and I'm tired." 

 

"Come sit with me first," Taehyung pleads. "It'll only be for a bit and then we can get ready for bed." Softly, he hears Seokjin's footsteps near him. The mattress dips slightly as Seokjin sits next to him. Taehyung grins at his arrival. He easily finds Seokjin's hand and places his hand on top of his. "I bet you're even more handsome than me today."

 

Seokjin's scent sweetens in response to his comment, but he brushes off his compliment. "No, we're both equally handsome today." 

 

"Really?" Taehyung quirks a brow in amusement. 

 

"Well, maybe I am a bit more handsome, but you're still handsome," Seokjin explains jokingly. 

 

Taehyung chuckles. "Yeah, my soulmate is more beautiful."

 

"I was just kidding. Every day, we're the same. We're equal in everything. Today, you were especially charming. I couldn't stop looking at you," Seokjin confesses. 

 

Taehyung tilts his head and presses his lips in a thin line, pretending to doubt him. "Are you sure you're not just saying that to flatter me?" Taehyung questions with a small smile. 

 

"A hundred percent sure," Seokjin confirms. Before Taehyung can continue to joke around, he feels Seokjin's lips against his. His body relaxes and he melts into the kiss, eyes closing in bliss. Before the kiss can escalate into a more passionate one, Seokjin pulls away. "I-I'm going to wash up now," he stutters, making Taehyung wish he could see the blush on Seokjin's cheeks. 

 

Seokjin gets up, leaving Taehyung alone on the mattress. However, he's quick to get on his feet and follow Seokjin who hurries into the bathroom. He intercepts the closing door in time with his hand. "I'll wash up with you," he says, knowing it will only cause Seokjin to become more flustered. 

 

"But the bathroom's so small, you should just wait outside until I'm done," Seokjin rejects his idea. He attempts to push the door close again but Taehyung wedges himself in. "T-Taehyung..." Seokjin's voice trails off as Taehyung finds his waist and wraps his arms around him.

 

He buries his face in the crook of Seokjin's neck. "You smell fine to me," Taehyung says, lifting his head. "Let's skip washing up tonight." 

 

"But I..." Seokjin struggles to find another excuse. 

 

Taehyung leans closer to him until his nose brushes Seokjin's soft cheek. "I want us to be together the whole night. I want to kiss and love you to my heart's content if you'd let me. Will you let me?" he asks softly. His face is warm and he curses the blood that rushes to his cheeks.

 

"If not, that's fine. I can wait," he assures. "With you, I can wait however long." 

 

Gently, he feels Seokjin's hand caress his cheek. "I let you." 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

(Four months later) 

 

 

Seokjin holds his breath as the doctor slowly unwraps the bandage around Taehyung's eyes. Dr. Seo catches Seokjin's gaze from the other side of the room and offers him an assuring smile. It helps a little bit but doesn't stop the churning in Seokjin's stomach as he awaits Taehyung's condition. He hopes that the surgery went well and that Taehyung is not in any pain. 

 

His heart skips a beat as the bandage is entirely off and he's met with the sight of Taehyung's closed eyes. "Slowly and carefully, you can open your eyes," Dr. Seo tells Taehyung.

 

As instructed, Taehyung's eyes shyly open. The light is too bright it seems as he squints before closing his eyes again. Seokjin parts his mouth to tell Taehyung to not open his eyes if he's not ready(this wasn't the first time Taehyung tried opening his eyes after surgery). Before a word could be uttered, Taehyung tries again.

 

This time he peeks one eye open then the other. Delicately, his eyes flutter a few times before they open all the way. His eyes water a little but he blinks, and the tears go away. 

 

Taehyung's eyes are on Dr. Seo and despite his eyes being open, he gives little reaction, seeming cautious. "Can you see me, Taehyung?" Dr. Seo asks. 

 

"Yes," Taehyung answers. "I can but it's a little blurry." 

 

"No worries. It will take time for your eyes to adjust," Dr. Seo tells him. "Is your vision clearer than last time?" 

 

"Yeah," Taehyung breathes out. "A lot better." 

 

Dr. Seo chuckles lightly. "That's good." 

 

He continues asking Taehyung questions and giving him eye exercises. After some time, Dr. Seo finally says, "For the most part, it seems like the surgery went well. You'll have to keep coming in for check-ups and regularly use eye drops." Taehyung nods. "Then, I'll leave you two be," Dr. Seo smiles as he looks between Taehyung and Seokjin. 

 

He leaves the room, leaving Taehyung with Seokjin. Seokjin stays seated in his seat on the other side of the room. He was still nervous, but this time at the thought of Taehyung seeing him for the first time. 

 

"Jin," Taehyung calls out faintly. 

 

"I'm right here, Tae," Seokjin assures him. Forgetting about his nerves, he rushes to Taehyung who has his back turned to him. He places a hand on Taehyung's back. "Do you feel light-headed? Should I turn off the lights?" 

 

"No," Taehyung shakes his head. "Just stay and let me see you." Seokjin feels heat crawl up his neck as Taehyung slowly turns around to face him. Their eyes meet and Seokjin stills. He feels a weight lift off of him as he sees Taehyung's caramel-brown orbs again, the same beautiful ones that he looks into every night. Yet, this time, they were looking at him too. 

 

Taehyung's eyes visibly widen and his mouth parts. "Jin?" he questions, eyes glued to him.

 

Shyness invades Seokjin as he nods and lets out a meek, "Yeah." 

 

Taehyung blinks and then looks at him again. Slowly a blush creep onto his face. "Y-you're so...handsome and beautiful," he stammers, his face bright pink. Seokjin smiles bashfully at his reaction. 

 

Inching closer to him, Seokjin picks up Taehyung's hand. Taehyung continues staring at him wide-eyed and blushing. "You should admire everything, not just me..." Seokjin lightly chides him, shy from the nonstop stare. 

 

"That," Taehyung breathes out as if in a daze. "Is going to be very hard to do." Seokjin chuckles and this only turns Taehyung's cheeks redder. 

 

 

———————————————————

 

 

Taehyung stands in the middle of the stretching strawberry fields. He smiles at the image which has been absent for a little more than a year. "Yeontan!" he hears Seokjin yell. 

 

Turning around, he sees Seokjin chasing after Yeontan who is running away from him and towards Taehyung. Taehyung chuckles as he bends down to pick up Yeontan who eagerly greets him with . 

 

Seokjin arrives in front of them, out of breath. "He never likes being with me. He only likes you," he pouts.

 

Taehyung just laughs. "I'm sure he'll grow to like you." Carefully, he set Yeontan on the ground. "After all, I did," he says playfully as he places his hands on Seokjin's waist, pulling him closer. He places a quick kiss on Seokjin's lips. "So, do you want to stay with me here?" he asks, eyes gazing at Seokjin lovingly. "If you want, we can move back to the city." 

 

Seokjin turns around to look at the strawberry fields. "I want to stay here," Seokjin says. "I've taken a liking to the plantation." Taehyung hugs him from behind, placing his chin on Seokjin's shoulder. "The air is fresh here. The stars shine here and the quiet is peaceful. I've also taken a liking to the owner." 

 

"Only like?" Taehyung asks with a smile as his lips brush Seokjin's ear. 

 

Seokjin turns his head just slightly so that their eyes would meet. "No," Seokjin smiles. "I love him." 

 

"He loves you too," Taehyung professes. "He loves you a lot."

 

"I know," Seokjin says softly as he closes the distance between him and Taehyung. As they kiss, Seokjin feels like he's outside during sunset, taking a walk through the forest with the rain kissing him.


 

 

 

 

 

 

-Author's Note-

 

Beauty of My World has come to an end. I apologize for the slow updates throughout and hope that despite the short duration of this story, you readers still had a nice time reading. I wanted to write a short, simple, and sweet story that would just be enjoyable and heartwarming. I hope I was successful in doing that. Thank you for all the love and support.