Gentlemen in Jeopardy

Sun Rays & Anime [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---


"What."

 

Pacôme laughs at Kyungsoo's response. "Yes, you will be acting as how you say? A damoiseau in distress."

 

Jongin turns his head to glance down at Kyungsoo who lifts his head up, thick eyebrows furrowed, as he asks why him. And Jongin can't help but smile to himself, thinking about how naturally cute Kyungsoo looks.

 

If Sehun and Zitao were here with them right now, he just knows that they'd tease Kyungsoo over how much he really is like Tuxedo Mask in this situation. (Jongin then makes a mental note to have them meet him sometime. Maybe they could double-date and go to the annual county fair that's next month...)

 

Anyways, after letting out a few grumbles and receiving encouraging words from Jongin, Kyungsoo agrees to be the 'gentleman in jeopardy' as he calls it and flies them down to his training room. It'll be the same as before where Jongin shoots at the targets (in this case, tangible holograms of random egg robots) while Kyungsoo pretends to be hurt and too exhausted to use his bo staff.

 

"And...go!" Agim calls out before the round starts.

 

And it's just like before where with each round that passes, another target joins in. These egg robots are just like the ones that Jongin saw in his premonition dream and they even roll towards him and Kyungsoo (who's actually acting super well right now) like they did then before they pop up with their red lightbulbs for eyes.

 

He never lets them get close enough to harm either of them though and accurately shoots their robot heads each time--with each robot fading to nothing with each hit--before he soon finds everything going into a blur again as more and more roll up now.

 

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo (fake) cries, sounding so...distant somehow.

 

But then, Jongin actually misses a shot as he watches a robot roll farther than the others before it pops up right in front of Kyungsoo (who dramatically falls to his and shoots his hands out in a pleading motion). With wider eyes, Jongin quickly moves to shoot its head before stopping himself. If he shot a heart right now, it could hit Kyungsoo too. And that's not something that he wants happening, whether during training or in a real fight.

 

So, as the robot squawks and lifts a wing towards a scared Kyungsoo's face--Jongin quickly switches out his ray-gun for his pastel blue folding fan and flicks it open.

 

The robot swivels its body around at the sound and squawks as it moves towards him now before Jongin in his lips as he quickly fans himself, and the robot pauses now in a daze. Kyungsoo lets out a relieved Oh, thank gosh and scoots back just as Jongin switches back to the ray-gun and shoots the no-longer entranced robot before it can roll another step.

 

"Eleventh round completed. Training paused."

 

Jongin then offers a hand to Kyungsoo (who grins as he takes it) and helps lift him up to stand. "Did I do better this time?" he then asks him with a pout.

 

Already, he's scolding himself in his mind for losing focus so quickly again.

 

And Kyungsoo cups his cheeks to kiss him before saying, "Mhm...Don't worry though, we'll practice some more."

 

Jongin's pout changes to a soft smile at that, before both of them turn when Pacôme calls out, "Well done, you two!"

 

"We can work with this," Agim says next to him, paw on what must be the intercom button. (Especially so, judging by how Pacôme says, Oh, that's where it is.)

 

---

 

So, after many more rounds (starting at the eleventh one each time), Jongin finds himself able to willingly leave the fire eyes mode with more ease. Soon, Kyungsoo doesn't even have to pretend to be helpless anymore (much to his relief, it seems) and the two end up training back to back for several more rounds as they fight off these egg robots.

 

They get a good rhythm going where Kyungsoo lines the robots up with his bo staff, and they hit every other target. And both end up getting amazed and excited (giving each other high fives afterwards and all) when Kyungsoo creates a crater in the floor when he smacks an egg from above this one time.

 

There's still so many hidden, unearthed powers for them to realize and practice using, and though their exhaustion is definitely building more and more with each round now, Jongin still doesn't want this training session to end.

 

But, their cats can sense their tiredness as well and at some point announce that they're done training for the night. A fact that becomes even more obvious as the training rooms and control room poof away back to what the room looked like initially before a giant, silver chandelier appears above them, and the room shifts to a royal ballroom with random people appearing and twirling around like they're in a watercolor painting.

 

Jongin then feels as his hero clothes transform to a suit and looks over at Kyungsoo, who now has on a light blue tuxedo as well, before he turns to look at the cats who just wave at them as they seem to get farther away somehow.

 

"Have pleasant dreams, you two!" Pacôme calls out.

 

Jongin then realizes that the room that he and Kyungsoo are in is actually the one getting farther away!

 

So, he quickly rushes to the edge as he asks Agim if they'll be on Earth once they've woken up. Agim yells out a Yes, see you soon! and Jongin sighs with relief and gives a thumbs up before he just watches as the two cats and the castle get farther and farther out of sight before the wall closes.

 

He then whips his head when he hears a random older man ask Kyungsoo if he'd like to dance and swoops Kyungsoo away with a twirl while glaring at the man--leading to Kyungsoo cutely chuckling at his jealousy and leaning up to kiss him as they intimately dance the night away.

 

-------

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo wakes up and finds himself spooning Jongin--the two of them (save for their wands; transformed as a pinky ring and sun earring, respectively) under his comforter from their escapades last night. With a grunt, he lifts his arm and leg off of Jongin's waist (inwardly marveling over how he clung to Jongin like a koala while he was asleep) and smacks his dry lips together as his eyes adjust to the dark. (Thank you, blackout curtains.)

 

Then, as he twists around to carefully get up, he looks over as Jongin lets out a groan in his sleep and turns onto his right side. He looks troubled about something in his dream, and Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrow with concern while he feels a pang hit his heart. He then absentmindedly brings his hand towards Jongin's forehead to push his bangs out of his face for him and leans down to peck his forehead before pulling back up.

 

And he can't help but softly smile as Jongin's troubled expression melts to one of serenity. Suddenly, Kyungsoo gets the thought that he wants to protect Jongin with every fiber of his being for as long as he can.

 

He then looks at Jongin for just a bit longer, getting lost in just how handsome but soft he looks (even with his hair looking like a bird's nest that's he dying to fix), before he gets up to go relieve himself in the bathroom. And as he leaves the room, he gently closes the door before walking right next door towards his bathroom before instantly coming to a halt when he hears some light snoring coming from the living room.

 

With a quick flick of a nearby light switch, his hunched shoulders relax as he spots Pacôme and Agim sleeping together on his couch. He then imagines Jongin's face when he wakes up and sees them back on Earth and smiles before turning back off the light and heading to the bathroom.

 

Once he sees himself in the mirror and gets reminded of his ness, he decides to take a shower as well and pats himself on the back for past him making sure to put a clean body towel in here.

 

---

 

While showering, his mind inevitably goes back to last night, from the amazing , to them meeting the cats at their exo-planet, to them training like a thousand times, to them dancing and twirling around like princes and--

 

Kyungsoo cups his own cheeks and makes a shy noise as he remembers him and Jongin ing each other in their shared dream in a royal gazebo outside and--

 

"C'mon Kyungsoo, pure thoughts--pure thoughts," he mutters aloud before turning around to let the water wash away the remaining soap on his back.

 

But, it's so hard (pun intended) not to think about how extra hot Jongin sounded when he--

 

"Agim!"

 

Kyungsoo jumps, his mind now back to the present, and quickly turns the water off as he calls out to Jongin with worry. It sounded like he was crying.

 

"Kyungsoo, they're back~" Jongin then cries, and Kyungsoo sighs with relief before he gets out of the shower, quickly dries himself off, and wraps a towel around his waist.

 

He then turns to check out his face in the mirror as he gets to the door, and preens a bit before he pushes the door open to see Jongin (now in his Garnet Heart outfit) hugging a laughing Agim while Pacôme watches them with a smile (the lamp near the couch currently on). The three then turn their heads when they see him, and Kyungsoo blushes when he notices Jongin's eyes zero in on his chest as he sweetly says, Hey, good morning~

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter